[revamped] Bag System

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

[revamped] Bag System

Post by kingpin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:25 pm

In internal test I have started to implement the revamped bag system. This is what have been implemented so far (included in pre-alpha version), and what to be expected to come with future updates.

The goal is to make bags more exciting. Let me know if you feel bags is exciting, hopefully I'm getting closer to that goal.

POTIONS
The potions dropped from the bag is not just simple restore heal/mana. Those potions have a secondary effect added as a buff that last a minute. There is also non heal/mana potions added.

Potions is also using an upgrade system. There is a chance the potion become stronger then the normal version.
CounselorsPotion.jpg

Demonic Essence
This is a new Craft material that will be used for crafting, to start with cube will get new recipe that uses this.

Luck modifier
(Not yet implemented)
Is getting an additional use with the introduction of the new bags. This will affect the chance to get a perfect roll.

perfect roll
(Not yet implemented)
A perfect roll is very low chance it happends. But then it do, all stats on the item will roll with its maximum values.

Item Scaling
(Not yet implemented)
All items dropped from bag will be based on player level + a bonus level from the bag itself. This will limit how high items the bag can drop.

New unique items
(Not yet implemented)
There is new unique items added that is specific designed to drop only from bag. To start with there is new unique rings added. The stats on unique items will be scalable with player level.

New set items
(Not yet implemented)
I have been thinking alot on sets and finally decided how I want to implement them. There will be two kind of sets. One will be leveling set and the other type end game sets. To start with leveling sets is the only that will be implemented in bags. But, for end game content bags will be dropping other type of sets too. Stats on set items will be scalable with player level.

monster themed Oil potion
New oils that only drop from bag have been added. There is a twist on those that will be more effective if used on monster item. The effect will be doubled on monster items.

CounselorsOil.jpg
Items lower max durability then average
Items dropped from bag have lower max durability compare to regular items. Instead it will have a bonus stat added like extra armor, Health. This will be scaled with player level.

Chance item become a monster item
(Not yet implemented)
There is a small chance the item have been used by a monster that have modified it to suit its need. This will turn the item into a monster item of random type. This is the reason why items dropped with lower durability.

Other items
There is other items added or going to be add that will remain a mystery until you find it. I dont want to reveal those kind of stuff and instead let you all discover it.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: [revamped] Bag System

Post by Doub » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:51 am

The example Counselor's Potion in the picture also heals HP? because the description says nothing :)

----

I honestly dont know if its a good idea to make items dropped from bags scale with player lvl. Because what you can do is never open a bag until u reach max lvl and open them then so that u can get top lvl items... And honestly i think thats a bad design... because the game should encourage you to search for items without punishing you, without making you feel bad for it.
Or i am being stupid and i miss something?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: [revamped] Bag System

Post by kingpin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Doub" wrote:The example Counselor's Potion in the picture also heals HP? because the description says nothing :)

----

I honestly dont know if its a good idea to make items dropped from bags scale with player lvl. Because what you can do is never open a bag until u reach max lvl and open them then so that u can get top lvl items... And honestly i think thats a bad design... because the game should encourage you to search for items without punishing you, without making you feel bad for it.
Or i am being stupid and i miss something?
Counselor potion doesnt, but other potions do.

You are right that it could be abused if that was the case, but level scaling is set then you obtain the item, not then you open it or atleast thats the intentions. I lost the code from hd crash so is going to rebuild the code.

Return to “Dark Alliance”