Player Suggestions

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Player Suggestions

Post by kingpin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:08 am

ok so maybe monsters could have a chance to drop skins, pelts, scales and so on, and after you collect so many of one monsters pelt you can cube them togeather to make an armor. now what this armor would do is have a few stats the relate to the monster it self and it also morphs you into it. and you could have like a weaving skill or somthing that you have to level to make this armor out of different types of monsters. and this should only work for armor and not helms and boots or gloves only because there might be issues with wearing multiple armor types.
there already exist items that is created by parts dropped by monsters. Those is called monster items. For morph part, there is a limit how many states that can be used. While morph into a monster is a good idea. There is a limit currently how many I can use. So, atm this idea is not possible besides in a few cases. But, thanks for your suggestion.

TOONSLAYER

Post by TOONSLAYER » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:09 pm

any way you could make a non melee char have a few melee skills? i think having the sorc or nec have a melee element is real cool.

they dont have to be tanks or anything like that.

Also is there any way you could make a set for the pally that uses a scythe and bone helm? the combo of the two are awsome looking. i will even post a ss of one if you want.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:16 pm

any way you could make a non melee char have a few melee skills? i think having the sorc or nec have a melee element is real cool.
That's a possibility.

Sorceress already have it's kick skill in general tree.

Also is there any way you could make a set for the pally that uses a scythe and bone helm? the combo of the two are awsome looking. i will even post a ss of one if you want.
Why not. Can't promise it get in next patch. but any future patch it will.

TOONSLAYER

Post by TOONSLAYER » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 am

sweet thanks on both.

and i think the set would look cool in a black or white( white fo any of you old timers from 1.09 open battle .net i miss that set)

AdmiralCrackbar
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by AdmiralCrackbar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:17 am

This mod has a lot of promise :) Now onto some suggestions:

DISCLAIMER: I haven't read any of the other suggestions yet, so don't jump down my throat if I repeat something someone else said ;) I'll try to go over some of the suggestions here and edit things that I've said that are redundant. Also, there are a ton of great things about this mod that I enjoy, but they are just too great to list. Therefore, I'm only going to cover the things that need work.

-The Character page looks a bit cluttered. I think you should split all that information up over a few pages instead of just 2 in order to help make it more readable. The current font size is too small, and makes looking up stats a chore.

-The section called "Old Clues" in the book of story should be renamed. When I initially saw it, I was confused because I thought it meant 'clues you've already received'. "Old" as a descriptor is kind of bland, anyway.

-Why do I have 2 "The Adepts Way" scrolls?

-Please, Please, Please increase the backpack size! It's really annoying TP'ing back to town to mule all the time.

A greener goblin would be nice.

Well I keep yawning, so I think I'll go to bed. Happy modding/Diablo 3 dreams!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:36 am

-The Character page looks a bit cluttered. I think you should split all that information up over a few pages instead of just 2 in order to help make it more readable. The current font size is too small, and makes looking up stats a chore.
I'm not sure if more pages would make it better. As then you would need to change pages instead. Increasing fonts size would however means stats need to be spread over more pages.

-The section called "Old Clues" in the book of story should be renamed. When I initially saw it, I was confused because I thought it meant 'clues you've already received'. "Old" as a descriptor is kind of bland, anyway.
Clues in your book is cluescrolls you found.
-Why do I have 2 "The Adepts Way" scrolls?
This is a known bug in the subquest code.
-Please, Please, Please increase the backpack size! It's really annoying TP'ing back to town to mule all the time.
In future there will be a complete new system. I wont reveal to much about it right now. But, it will mean you get more space.

TOONSLAYER

Post by TOONSLAYER » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:08 am

tryed to add a photo of a few colors but it did not work out all that great. the best looking set up with to me is field plate, bone helm and scythe.
Last edited by TOONSLAYER on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Ideas:

The low-level identify scrolls should either be useful longer or have some sort of second use. They are too short-lived to be important.

Veteran monsters are fun and I thought of an idea called "legion monsters". It would be a group of monsters with the legion tag and each time one legion monster dies the other monsters with the tag gain strength and life. They would have slightly better treasure drops.

More magic-find% in the game. Possibly on an expensive potion-type item so players can waste some gold. Something like 25% mf over 2 mins.

Simple recipes to eat up chipped gems, jewels, charms, jewelry, BODY PARTS, etc. The ring recipes are nice but I turned a bunch of chipped gems and a magic ring into a ring I couldn't use until 30. By then I was wearing 2 unique rings and had no need of the item. I would be willing to bet theres some recipes in place already of this nature, but I haven't found the cluescroll yet if that's the case. I'd really like to see some recipes that are easily accessible, even if the reward is mediocre or random.

Ability to open a portal straight to the blood elf city after saving it from harm. Please?

I'm having a load of fun so far. Keep up the good work and I'll try and post more suggestions/bugs in the near future.

AdmiralCrackbar
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by AdmiralCrackbar » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:52 am

Demon9ne";p="393792" wrote:Ideas:
More magic-find% in the game. Possibly on an expensive potion-type item so players can waste some gold. Something like 25% mf over 2 mins.

Simple recipes to eat up chipped gems, jewels, charms, jewelry, BODY PARTS, etc.
I think these are excellent ideas. The MF potion would be cool because you wouldn't have to grind so much just to tweak your MF gear to the absolute highest it can go. I have some more things that could be fixed.

-Where are the tomes of identity and TP? I don't see why you got rid of them!

-A readme or FAQ would be great. Is there a readme?

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:02 am

AdmiralCrackbar";p="393798" wrote:-Where are the tomes of identity and TP? I don't see why you got rid of them!
The tome of TP is a quest reward. I haven't found a tome of ID yet though. But Cain IDs stuff cheaper than buying scrolls anyway so I wouldn't bother. I prefer to savor my inventory space. I have tons of gold so I keep a few unique and set ID scrolls on hand in the stash when my gold is rising near the 100000 max in stash.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:09 am

The low-level identify scrolls should either be useful longer or have some sort of second use. They are too short-lived to be important.
The low-level identify scrolls is there to fill a glap until you rescue Cain. As cain is selling the scrolls that can ID all.

EDIT:
Veteran monsters are fun and I thought of an idea called "legion monsters". It would be a group of monsters with the legion tag and each time one legion monster dies the other monsters with the tag gain strength and life. They would have slightly better treasure drops.
This is a good idea. Once I get around and improve the special monster classes code I could add Legion as new monster class :)

EDIT2:
Forgot to reply to this one earlier. But, this type of potion already exist at the Brewery NPC. The potion give you a temporal buff to magic find over limited of time :)
Last edited by kingpin on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:24 pm

hmm time to shatter the time barrier ;)

question: " Hi all, is there any word on the release date of chapter 2 ?..."

*i've been playin' DA from time to time and... it's very very cool... i really had fun doin' subquests and all... :)

idea: " would it be possible to add some shield blocking sound when monsters successfully blocks player attacks? "

:lol: been slashing and bashing tons of monsters lately and, everytime they successfully block my attack, i kinda thirst for some shield clashing sfx... :P

*just my idea though

Good Luck on your mod guyz...

:)
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:31 pm

question: " Hi all, is there any word on the release date of chapter 2 ?..."
It's still far from be ready. Alot contents e.tc to add before it's ready. Besides fix alot of bugs and other issues.
idea: " would it be possible to add some shield blocking sound when monsters successfully blocks player attacks? "

:lol: been slashing and bashing tons of monsters lately and, everytime they successfully block my attack, i kinda thirst for some shield clashing sfx... :P
This would be possible to add. Will put down a note about it.

nguyentai44
Vietnam

Post by nguyentai44 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:09 am

game resolution is 800x600 ? i think it need larger, like 1024x768

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am

support higher resolution is in work, but it wont come anytime near saddly.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Is this the right place.

Is it possible, at least for this phase of mod testing, to create sth that could reset stats/skills, some cube recipe, that way it would be easier to test more skills in shorter amount of time.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:00 pm

I intend to add a reset feature, but I could do a temporal one. The only issue is track down all modifications for stat/skills.

Karas
Czech Republic

Post by Karas » Sun May 06, 2018 8:04 pm

I have idea how to break stereotype to constantly going and looting same bosses.

Special monster (very unique, very tough random location), which will open portal to special places
- catacombs where will be place where can be crafted unique items. They can be obtained only by crafting in that area.
- chamber with special shop with exotic items for arena tokens

Add option to enter an Arena where player will fight random enemy(enemies). For victory will be some special token. Tokens can be used in H-cube to empower items (random effect bonus/Curse :-) ).

Karas
Czech Republic

Post by Karas » Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Well it will be nice to be able to enter diablo one dungeons when in tristram, but that is quite impossible. So it will remain as one of dreams :-). Please do not take this as real proposal.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun May 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Adding diablo 1 dungeons to tristram wouldnt be hard to do. I can atleast tell that we have some in mind for tristram.
In chapter #2 there is a planned feature like this, not implemented yet but is on todo.
Special monster (very unique, very tough random location), which will open portal to special places
This is a good idea for end game progress.
Another great idea. have shop hidden somewhere that you use special tokens to buy with is definitve somethings I would like to add.

Karas
Czech Republic

Post by Karas » Mon May 07, 2018 9:43 pm

As I understood, you plan to implement Arena in future in second chapter (in your answer it was 2 times that idea with shop).
Regarding to that arena, there can be arena for fun with common monsters and one Arena of champions.
Arena for champions:
There will always same looking monster which will be extermely tough and it will get random resistances/imunities/abilities that will not be shown. So you could not made just one build to constantly destroy him. Each character which would like to kill that monster will need to do his best and be able to improvise and use more of skills to find best suited tactic. That tactic will be always different because that monster will have random imunities/resists. For nightmare can be there 2 and hell 3 monsters. Maybe it looks complicated but for lot of players this can be challenge. Reward can be some charm which will be stronger after each victory. And if that monster's strength and toughness will grow depending of your champion level you will always have challenge to beat.

Proposal for new items:
- glue potion which will create sticky place and monster can not move for short period of time.
- wild polymorf potion with aoe to change group of monsters to random ones (could be funny)

Proposal for new monsters:
Goblin alchemist which can use few of annoying potions on player :-).
- glue potion - what is more depressive than just stand, without moving, surrounded by smelly enraged goblin warriors :-)
- corrosive acid which will damage and reduce durability of all items
- smoke granade to create fog where player will see very limited area around
- enrage potion for his minions to become stronger

Mimmic - that dangerous monster pretending to be treasure box (like in Baldur's gate)

Mother of plants - monster which will produce seeds from its a plants warriors/shooters can grow in short time (inspired in King's bounty)

add that lightning shooting monster from caverns diablo 1 or that dog spitting poison shots (lawa maw) they were always pain

nguyentai44
Vietnam

Post by nguyentai44 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 am

when next version release ? pls

nguyentai44
Vietnam

Post by nguyentai44 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:35 am

i want the mod harder, long time to finish

nguyentai44
Vietnam

Post by nguyentai44 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:20 pm

there are my suggestion :
- bigger inventory : 10x10
- 1024 or 1280 resolution
- bosses are stronger, more dmg, no solo man. Bosses can kill you easily, bosses can healing over time (100% recover hp after 10-15s not get dmg)...

Return to “Dark Alliance”