Bug Report for 0.05.07.01

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Bug Report for 0.05.00.10.13

Post by kingpin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 pm

h4r4ld" wrote:I play SP.

It seems very randomly and a restart of d2 helps.

Another thing:

When i switch the LMB of Pala from Sacrifice to Zeal the game crashes.

https://pastebin.com/RYDdEvBW
I will look into that, log gives me a clear idea where to look.

h4r4ld
Germany

Post by h4r4ld » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Another Crash while rclicking the Discovery Tome.

https://pastebin.com/qqAyAj5z

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 pm

h4r4ld" wrote:Another Crash while rclicking the Discovery Tome.

https://pastebin.com/qqAyAj5z
Have this one been repeatable? I notice the error log tells its a gfx issue. Will add this to bugs to fix.

h4r4ld
Germany

Post by h4r4ld » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 am

kingpin" wrote: Have this one been repeatable?
i can confirm this

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Post by Chiron » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Got "Unhandled Exception: Access violation" somewhere at the Cave Level 1 (at the Cold Plains).

On the "Ancient Gloves" (Skeleton Item) received "+1 +%d magic damage" (what this mean?).

In the Cluescroll #259 specified "intelligenSe"

Upd: the game freezed with sign "waiting for confirmation of transaction..." and any actions after that.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:55 am

Chiron" wrote:Got "Unhandled Exception: Access violation" somewhere at the Cave Level 1 (at the Cold Plains).

On the "Ancient Gloves" (Skeleton Item) received "+1 +%d magic damage" (what this mean?).

In the Cluescroll #259 specified "intelligenSe"

Upd: the game freezed with sign "waiting for confirmation of transaction..." and any actions after that.
If you can repeat the cave access violation it would be great.

Ancient Gloves stat description is definitive a bug. Will correct that.

For cluescroll #259 will change it to wisdom.

I suppose you interracted with an npc and this is single player? I have rewrote that code from scratch and sounds like I have missed a case of transaction, same as I missed in mp.

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Post by Chiron » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:02 am

OK, I'll write if I get it again.

Yes, single. It was Akara.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:57 pm

I will move the reported bug reports from old keep to topic as reported bugs. This is same to other posts of interest that might been lost during transition.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Bug Report for 0.05.00.10.16

Post by kingpin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Added all missing bug reports from old keep to topic.

EDIT:

There is an accident test left on sorceress summons so imp/succubuss is summoned as skeletons instead. This will be fixed in a new patch soon.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Re: Bug Report for 0.05.00.10.20

Post by kambala » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:57 am

Playing 0.05.00.10.20 on macOS+Wineskin+D2SE with a sorc.
  1. Filled belt with potions using Shift+RMB at vendor, then right-clicked quickly a few times to get some more potions, and the game got frozen (only cursor could be moved). I waited for a few minutes, but it stayed the same.
  2. After my merc died for the first time, she lost all her items. After S&E the items were back. Also, after resurrecting merc I see this:
  3. Pressing Hire (a merc) doesn't show anything, but I clearly hear sound of mouse hovering over lines. And when clicking anywhere or trying to somehow close this invisible dialog, it always says that new merc will replace the current one - after clicking No you're back to the invisible merc selection screen again, quite hard to close it.
  4. Game got bugged, so that I couldn't interact with any item/NPC/portal. The only thing I could do was enter Farmer's Cellar in Paradise Valley and kill the guy inside, but couldn't pick up any dropped item (so I didn't find out what was inside Charsi's chest, but the quest was completed successfully). My actions before that happened: entered Paradise Valley, drank from the poisoned well, talked to NPC about it, walked around a bit, found my personal chest, but noticed that tooltip wasn't displayed on hovering and clicking didn't open it, then also noticed same behavior with NPC nearby. Afterwards went inside Farmer's Cellar, couldn't hit barrels/interact with bookshelves, killed the guy, couldn't pick up items, opened TP, but couldn't enter it. On the SS below I hovered mouse over NPC:
  5. Game crashed with a message I didn't notice (clicked OK fast) when I went from Paradise Valley to Demon Cave Level 2, killed the boss there and after her death tried to kill the leftover earth elemental.
  6. It's a huge pain in the ass to collect parts of Fallen Shaman for Adept's Way subquest: after 5 runs I was able to collect onlu 3/4 different parts, while from other Shamans parts drop like crazy.
  7. I went through Demon Cave 3 times, and only on the 3rd time there was the gatekeeper near Level 2 entrance. But maybe I just didn't notice him before.
  8. I found a Runescroll, but right-ciicking it does nothing, and it doesn't say anything what to do with it (like "cube reagent" or so).
  9. I didn't understand what makes Griswold/Death Knights heal. Simple regen? Also, I once went to Tristram, and Death Knights were throwing powerful fireballs at me and they were randomly disappearing (some animation bug).
  10. Not really a bug, but rather feedback: its quite difficult (= slow) to read recipes/NPC chatter without being able to scroll the text manually.
Log files: http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/ePdbqnI0/file.html
cross-platform tools: K.A.M.B.A.L.A.: Kinetic Artificial Machine Built for Assassination and Logical Analysis

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:26 am

thanks for the reports. Will look into it.

Then game get stuck its normally because it didnt Close down a window correctly, instead stuck with it open (even if you dont see it). Sorceress adepts way isnt possible complete currently as cube cant handle the changed way bodyparts is made (this on todo to fix). Gatekeeper location is spawned randomly, he should be spawned somewhere in level (if not its a bug). Runescroll is part of a very rare quest. You could try go talk with cain and see if he say anything. Monsters/bosses healing is in most cases due to regenerate. I havent added specific heal skill as far as I remember yet.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm

thanks.
kingpin wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:26 am
Runescroll is part of a very rare quest. You could try go talk with cain and see if he say anything.
currently Cain is silent.

I'm still in A1, exploring the new locations. Some more bugs/feedback:
  1. Pressing Talk on Rogue Encampemnt NPC's now results in the same invisible bug like hiring (at least I tested on Cain and Kashya).
  2. General bug: killing a subquest monster before receiving the quest doesn't immediately complete the quest (but not sure if killing the monster in new game completes the quest)
  3. I received some quests from Blood Forest citizens, now when I talk to the Old Gnarled Tree game crashes after its speech (tried twice). Before receiving quests there was no crash.
  4. New locations are rather big (Badlands, various caves), but monster density is quite low, so most of the time it's simple running. Are there plans to change it? (or maybe density is bigger in next difficulties)
  5. A "cave" in the city inside Badlands can be entered only in the Entrance, but not in Level 1. A bug or I'll get some item similar to the one for DoE Level 2 later?
  6. I wanted to craft a weapon at a smith in Blood Forest, it says to insert magical/rare/unique weapon, but my rare Short Sword can't be inserted. Maybe because it's oiled? I do have 2k gold for the craft.
  7. I think it would be useful to write where (at least location) to bring a received quest item on the item itself, as when you have 5-10 active quests it's impossible to remember everything, and reading through quests is slow.
  8. Scrolls don't go to books on pickup, I have to insert them manually.
Log: http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/7RCNF6j0/file.html
cross-platform tools: K.A.M.B.A.L.A.: Kinetic Artificial Machine Built for Assassination and Logical Analysis

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:16 pm

All talk options that is vanilla isnt recoded yet, it goes invisible due to not draw the window (I still have code that calls vanilla code). this is on todo to finish.

Killing subquests isnt Active until you recived the initial quest, you can complete the quest after you recived it. Its working this way as I havent coded it in different way. Will Think off it if this should be changed.

Will look into gnarled tree issue, bug noted.

New locations is in work to improve, first one that will be improved is Valley of Paradise.

The Mistral keep I suppose you talking about is intended to require a key to enter. You will get a quest chain that start in the village (Think start from level 24 or 25).

Weapon crafting shouldnt matter if its oiled or not. So, will note it as a bug.

You are right about quest log needs an update. I will try improve it.

Scrolls not inserted into book then pickup is somethings I need look into. Simply havent added code for that part.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Scrolls don't go to books on pickup, I have to insert them manually.
and books of same type don't stack at all.

New feedback:
  1. Crash on inserting scroll of magical food into appropriate book:
  2. Btw I didn't understand how the above spell works: right-clicked on different metallic items on the floor, but didn't notice any changes in inventory. And charges didn't disappear on every use.
  3. scroll stat looks kinda strange with -1: or it's an intended debuff?
  4. My char couldn't go through this hidden door unless I clicked on an item on the other side, minions/merc didn't suffer from this though. Not sure if it's a d2 corpse bug or not.
  5. Genesis Chamber doesn't accept any scroll, tried on a few in Badlands.
  6. I couldn't identify unique bone helm: used the reveal scroll, it disappeared, but item stats didn't appear. The helm dropped from armor stand, if it matters.
  7. Clean the Graveyard quest shows some wrong stuff in the info after first paragraph:
  8. Repair bug/crash (not reproducible in Rogue Encampment): I have a ring with charges which costs a lot to repair. In RE its repair price is shown correctly, but in other locations it's not, and when trying to repair it not in RE game crashes. Repair All price is shown correctly in all towns.
Some suggestions:
  • if I understood correctly, not all subquests are important for storyline (to advance to next act). I think they should be marked accordingly.
  • Would be great to add waypoints to new areas instead of using caravans, as currently it's not that convenient: besides paying 500g you have to complete quest(s) to be able to use the caravan, and together with the fact that you have to kill quest monsters only after receiving respective quests only makes it tedious.
Logs: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/CjYbbYdm/file.html

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm

I have seen other reports about scroll of magical food crash then try insert it into the book.
Btw I didn't understand how the above spell works: right-clicked on different metallic items on the floor, but didn't notice any changes in inventory. And charges didn't disappear on every use.
This related to magical food?

Spellscroll Power looks like a bug, as far as I remember its not intended to become negative.

There is a bug in jail that I havent yet been able to track down that block the hidden door (works fine if a chest is spawned inside). Then its empty it blocks. Its not vanilla bug, its somethings in my code cause it.

Will look into Genesis Chamber and see whats wrong with it.

Armor/Weapon stand seems not handle the discover part correctly, as UNID is old system (ie vanilla). Will sort this in upcoming patch.

Any text that get weird display have double return at end of table entry. This cause text to start on a new entry instead of end it.

In what area did you get repair issue? sounds like I missed code for it.

It seems I missed add code to check for repair charges.

Thanks for all great reports again.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:27 pm

kingpin wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm
Btw I didn't understand how the above spell works: right-clicked on different metallic items on the floor, but didn't notice any changes in inventory. And charges didn't disappear on every use.
This related to magical food?
yes
kingpin wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm
In what area did you get repair issue?
checked in Badlands and Blood Woods. Also had same crash with Smite charges on a ring.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:00 am

Finished A1.
Genesis Chamber doesn't accept any scroll, tried on a few in Badlands.
I figured out the reason: it doesn't work with scrolls that look like Image but works with scrolls like Image
I wanted to craft a weapon at a smith in Blood Forest, it says to insert magical/rare/unique weapon, but my rare Short Sword can't be inserted. Maybe because it's oiled? I do have 2k gold for the craft.
Figured out this as well: it looks that subquests require character to carry the required amount of gold, using gold from stash doesn't work. Same thing with prayer donation in A2.
And a similar bug: subquest items must also be on a character, not in stash (stumbled upon this when Charsi should've forged me the passage key).

New findings:
  1. Found Book of Reveal a few times, but when I pick it up, it doesn't appear in inventory.
  2. Revealed maps get hidden after exiting caves (I think only in new locations) - quite annoying. Map is hidden on every game start, but that's probably intended.
  3. Skill selection shows ctc skills (but they can't be used) and scrolls that are no longer in inventory.
  4. Besides RE Private Stash is present only in Paradise Valley, not in others.
  5. The Lost Recipe quest info doesn't say tomb name. Similar bug is with Greiz's quest: ring inscription isn't shown.
  6. Lightning Shield doesn't have any animation.
  7. Subquests aren't separated by acts in the book, I think there should be some separator like -- Act 2 --
  8. Abyssal Blade scroll doesn't disappear after using.
  9. Got stuck here near Warriv, luckily I had a belt with TP.
  10. When I reached Warriv for the first time, Locked Door wasn't actually locked - I could pass through it. But after talking to him I couldn't exit it (and I didn't have TP belt yet).
  11. Nature Spirit (or w/e is its name): no text displayed, not clear what the buff does and buff text overlaps with portraits:
  12. Should be -50% Max Mana:
  13. Not the first time I'm noticing such bug:
  14. I talked to the guy, then suddenly book menu appeared with bugged quest pages: scrolling through pages showed some quests, but some pages were empty like on the screenshot. And afterwards it resulted in the bug "I couldn't interact with any item/NPC/portal", although I tried clicking around the screen trying to close the invisible dialog.
  15. Also after crafting a weapon in Blood Woods "I couldn't interact with any item/NPC/portal" happened, but there it was slightly different: I didn't receive the weapon in inventory/on the floor and got stuck in place. Summon skills didn't work, Frost Nova showed animation but didn't cost mana, so I had to S&E.
  16. Game crashed with no apparent reason:
  17. Space missing in "1Imp":
  18. Still not clear where Pool of Song Level 1 location (2nd WP in A1) is. Is it reachable in Adept's Way subquest which doesn't work at the moment?
  19. New row is invisible but bottles go there:
  20. Bugged stat:
  21. I have found Ascalon's Heart, but no idea who to bring it to.
  22. Still can't find Hayoo's Lost Flask. Is it In Mistral Keep Level 2 (or deeper)?
  23. When prayer donation fails (you have already enough power), 20k disappear from inventory, but after doing something to the gold (e.g. deposit) they appear.
  24. Does Max Damage Based on Character Strength work with merc? At least merc's page doesn't show it:
    ImageImage
Logs attached.
Attachments
Archive.1.zip
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Thanks for find why Genesis Chamber didnt work, will update it to work on all scrolls its intended too.

1. Might be missing invgraphic.
2. new dungeons missing automap. But, we will work on add them (as I implemented code to support new ones now).
3. I have noticed that too, will see if I can figure out clear the skill then scroll no longer available (also you dont have scroll in bank I suppose?)
4. Only stash added so far in Paradise of Valley, more villages will get it added then those areas get updated.
5. Will check that out.
6. Then its cast or then its applied to caster?
7. Good suggestion, will look into that.
8. Will check that one out. Might be test leftover on that one.
9. Stuck as cant move due to stuck into an object/ground?
10. Noted, will check that out.
11. Will check that one out.
12. noted, good Catch.
13. What part is bugged?
14. Never seen that Before, need check that one out. Did you do anything special Before that happend? also do it happend all time?
15. its similar issue as repair/buy stuff from npcs. There is a legal check to see if item is valid, will check what goes wrong there.
16. This is animation issue, still havent figured out what monster cause this.
17. thanks, will be fixed in upcoming patch.
18. This is leftover from dev, not intended to be in patch yet. will be reverted in next patch.
19. thanks, will check that one out.
20. Been reported Before, will try fix it.
21. its part of quest in act 1, its possible get duplicated quest item (due to how I coded it). So, might been leftover from quest you completed. If I remember correct its part of the imortal quest line.
22. random drop from gargoyles.
23. ok noted, will check how I coded that one.
24. it should work.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 am

3. didn't test with lots of various scrolls so that they don't fit on screen, so far didn't have to scroll
6. both, but the skill seems to work though
9. yes, couldn't move
13. It's Armor Shrine, not Bulwark, isn't it?
14. happened only once, all the previous times was fine. Didn't test any more.
21. yes, I already have 2 hearts now, but probably received one before, as Immortal quest is completed

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 am

Armor Shrine is renamed to Bulwark shrine. So, those is same shrine.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:45 pm

0.05.00.10.20:

Just for now, but at least on my side it seems that "Unhandled exception"/"Access violation"/ errors are caused by Glide video mode.

I also get this bellow with Glide only, which seems to be connected with the Book of Story after you finish the pesky goblins subquest/after you read the Adapt's way subquest or after you read some random clue scroll, it seems it is repeatable but yet random:

After the crash happens after I try to read some clue scroll, after I restart the game there is no clue scroll in my inventory, but neither is my Book of Story updated with the clue.

With Glide, while reading some scroll inventory goes out of focus, and when you hover over the items it won't display anything at all, you first need to click on the inventory and then mouse hover will work again.

Also, just sth I noticed but probably shouldn't cause any problem at all, but there is some amount of items which seems to have 1 "empty" space in their names, just before the item name e.g.

Ring of something
#Ring of something

# - just a sign used here as "empty" space since forum doesn't show what I mean without it. :mrgreen:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:13 am

I never seen glide to be an issue will add it as a bug and see what cause it.

For empty space in name, might be old leftover to change color of name, is it just ring? if so what color does the ring have?

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 am

You are right, Glide doesn't have a thing with it.

It was just a coincidence that while using glide error appeared and when in other video mode there was no crashes.

But now after more testing when there is a crash, at least Unhandled it seems to be connected with the clue scrolls, subquest items or with the book of story.

Currently I'm doing S&E then I read anything connected to above, it seems no crashes this way, without that way as I said, random crash, it just happens from time to time.

But at least for now I know what not to read immediately.

I decided to go with Druid, Werebear form - I will use skills related to it.

Anyway:

Werebear - Attack rating and Damage are not applied at all to Druid, other stats seems to work correctly.

There is some errors, minor you could say, need to check and document them and will be back with their info.

It isn't just the ring.....amulet, had some gloves too I think.

Some item had empty space after the name.

But I can't be sure about that so, may you check that the following item after this text has an empty space before the item name, if it does, should I continue with reporting those items, they look normal and they seem to work as intended.

Amulet of Warding - empty space before the item name:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:11 pm

then it crash next time can you post the da.log. Its high chance issue is aslr related.

For cluescrolls I get random crashes from times to times aswell. so thats a different issue.

Checked the table and no space infront of its name, so will check my code. Seems I add empty space before copy the name. If thats the case it should be fixed for all items.

Stats in charscreen doesnt Count all damage (the work there is work in progress, since long time, should go back fix code for it then I have time).

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Sure, will get on it right now, I hope it will crash.

Would that debuglog txt file be of any help or da.log should be enough.

Ok, work in progress, I thought so, but as we said, better to report/ask about it, just in case.

I hope you won't mind if I correct one word you are using, maybe a typo or maybe there is a similar word in Swedish. ;)
kingpin wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:47 pm
better report just in case then it comes to bugs
kingpin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:11 pm
then it crash next time
kingpin wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:11 pm
should go back fix code for it then I have time
Instead of Then you should use When, just kidding since we will still understand you. :mrgreen:

There is one scroll in the game where it says ....then.... instead of ....when you have full stamina....:
Skill description is right tough :D
And at least this for now, at that time I was transforming to werebear/druid few times, I wasn't able to reproduce that error anymore:

Also, I had an error with the game not starting at all.

Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\UI\PANEL\800ctrlpnl7btn.dc6

Restarting my pc helped.

Return to “Dark Alliance”