How to make a persistent skill's(like Armageddon) damage controled by the type of weapon?

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

legendhy1992
China

How to make a persistent skill's(like Armageddon) damage controled by the type of weapon?

Post by legendhy1992 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:36 am

The skill‘s weapsel is set as miss in Skill.txt.
But when I release the skill,in it's period I can press 'W' to change the weapon.
So now the skill can use the hammer's damage...it's terrible.

I have tried many ways to solve this problem but useless.
For example,I try to create a new stat in ItemStatCost.txt,and give it to the miss weapons.In the skill's aurastat I write a judgment like this:
(stat('item_ensure_xbow'.accr)>0) ? clc3 : par7
Unfortunately,I find that this skill call it's aurastats by the time I release,Once it's released,the skill no longer check the aurastats.So other weapons can still be used in it's period.
I have also tried to change the 'frames','fall rate' and 'slide rate'(these three parameters control meteors' fallen in Armageddon),writing judgment to control them.Well it works,when I change weapon,the missiles disappear,BUT,although they disappear,the damage still exist!I can't believe it!
So I have learned that once I release this skill,almost everything is confirmed.
After that I try to use 'tohit' and missiles' damage,but still fail.

So,what can I do?Is there a way to solve it? :cry:

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: How to make a persistent skill's(like Armageddon) damage controled by the type of weapon?

Post by Cypress » Thu May 03, 2018 4:24 am

This is possible, at least for thunderstorm. Set it as an aura and it will update the weapon damage every time it hits. Unfortunately, this method only seems to work for thunderstorm; other persistent skills like armageddon don't do anything when set as an aura.

legendhy1992
China

Re: How to make a persistent skill's(like Armageddon) damage controled by the type of weapon?

Post by legendhy1992 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Cypress wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:24 am
This is possible, at least for thunderstorm. Set it as an aura and it will update the weapon damage every time it hits. Unfortunately, this method only seems to work for thunderstorm; other persistent skills like armageddon don't do anything when set as an aura.
Thank you!

Return to “Skill Clinic”