Mod with only 1 difficulty

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

fernsehen123
Germany

Mod with only 1 difficulty

Post by fernsehen123 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi,

I am a bit unhappy with the mod I created and I want to start over again.
This time I want to change more stuff, like the skills, monster levels, and what type of monsters spawn...

one major thing should be to reduce D2LOD to the normal difficulty.
Any ideas on
  • how can I remove the option to play on nightmare/hell ?
  • is there a way to let the difficulty penalties apply to the act you are in instead of the difficulty?
I'm happy for all kind of comments.

gcc
Paladin
Austria

Re: Mod with only 1 difficulty

Post by gcc » Wed May 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Both can be done with code editing, the first part should be quite simple (removing the check for difficulty when creating a game), the second one will probably require more edits. Check code editing forum, there are a few topics about removing nightmare / hell.

fernsehen123
Germany

Post by fernsehen123 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:44 am

I just changed my mind about what I want to do/achieve :)

normal difficulty will be from lvl 1-100
nightmare will be from 100-128
hell will be from 128-144 (max)

normal Diablo (mod) will be equivalent to hell Diablo (vanilla),
so that you get through the "normal game" quite fast. then comes act5 and the higher difficulties with lots of >lvl100 monsters and nice drops

I want to change all values, all stats from skills, monsters, treasureclasses, ...
i need a complete new drop system.

hey gcc, do you want to help me with this? :mrgreen:

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Everything you describe here is possible without code editing.

If you take a look at the tutorials you can get a feel for how to accomplish some of this. The file guides section can tell you how to change the things you want, however it is a lot to learn given the scopw of your project.

I suggeat you start by looking into monlvl and monstats text files, check out treasureclassex for how to modify drops and make your own TCs.

Remember there is always someone here to help if you get stuck, but dont be afraid to try anything out on your own and keep backups!

Good luck!

fernsehen123
Germany

Post by fernsehen123 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 pm

k0r3l1k wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm
Everything you describe here is possible without code editing.

If you take a look at the tutorials you can get a feel for how to accomplish some of this. The file guides section can tell you how to change the things you want, however it is a lot to learn given the scopw of your project.

I suggeat you start by looking into monlvl and monstats text files, check out treasureclassex for how to modify drops and make your own TCs.

Remember there is always someone here to help if you get stuck, but dont be afraid to try anything out on your own and keep backups!

Good luck!
yo thanks!

I know the most of the stuff.... it is just going to be a lot of work :O

Return to “General Mod Making”