1.13c Send Packet Offset

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

Ap0calypse
Brazil

1.13c Send Packet Offset

Post by Ap0calypse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Hello everyone!

Code: Select all

I decided to put this part here, since it's off topic, but it's important because it's my forst post ever here:
I'm a great fan of many of you guys here, since all I learned about modding came out of the people from here.
You guys have shown me a new world, first as a player, and now as a modder
Mods like Eastern Sun, Fury Within, Valhalla, Chaos Empire (back when it was here), SNEJ, RoS, etc, showed me a completely new universe in Diablo 2, and also taught me the true potential of this game engine)

Thanks for keeping the keep alive for so long
So, into the topic, I have a question about hex editing d2game.dll

I'd like to know if anyone has a list of the D2GS Client->Server Packets addresses, especifically for packet 0xFF, in order to nop it out.

I have seen there's already a list out, in this topic here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60933

But I dont believe that the information I need is there, since I've seen someone here block 0x14, and the address was totally different.

Thanks a lot in advance, you are my heroes since 2005

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: 1.13c Send Packet Offset

Post by devurandom » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:31 am

Ap0calypse wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm
especifically for packet 0xFF, in order to nop it out.

Discussion of this is against the TOS.
viewtopic.php?t=62821
Rules
Please note, the only packets that we will allow discussion of related directly to gameplay. That means NOTHING related to BNet, BNChat, BNFtp. We will also not allow ANY discussion of anything related to Warden or exploitation/malicious use of packets.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Ap0calypse
Brazil

Post by Ap0calypse » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:19 am

this packet affects tcp/ip gameplay, i don't know if it is related to bnet, bnchat or bnftp, but it sure is related to gameplay

edit: and btw, it's even listed on a sticky topic, that i mentioned in my first post

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 am

Could be my mistake but when I looked up S->C 0xFF offsite info indicated it was related to Warden IP BAN.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:05 pm

The client to server GS packets only go up to id 0x66, you can find this very easily (using the topic you linked):

025DC55F 3C 67                                           CMP AL,67
025DC561  0F83 0A010000                                   JNB D2Game.025DC671
There are a few packets used for other tasks outside this range, but the 0xF0+ packets aren't part of the GS at all. More importantly, why do you want to NOP out the sending of this packet if you don't even know what it does?
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Ap0calypse
Brazil

Post by Ap0calypse » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Necrolis wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:05 pm
The client to server GS packets only go up to id 0x66, you can find this very easily (using the topic you linked):

025DC55F 3C 67                                           CMP AL,67
025DC561  0F83 0A010000                                   JNB D2Game.025DC671
There are a few packets used for other tasks outside this range, but the 0xF0+ packets aren't part of the GS at all. More importantly, why do you want to NOP out the sending of this packet if you don't even know what it does?
thanks for the information, it's weird because:

69 -> Leave Game
6b -> Join Game

some people use it in tcp/ip games to crash everyone in the room, and since we use an irc platform to play, it becomes very annoying to have to hide the ip of the room, people cant pvp, etc

btw Necrolis, I love you, you have taught me far more than I expected I could learn about modding

devurandom wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 am
Could be my mistake but when I looked up S->C 0xFF offsite info indicated it was related to Warden IP BAN.
yea but i'm talking about C -> S

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Ap0calypse wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm
thanks for the information, it's weird because:

69 -> Leave Game
6b -> Join Game
Those aren't really GS packets, same goes for 0xB3 and friends (used for save files), they fall under the game admin packets. (I make the distinction of GS being actual in-game packets, aka without a valid pGame, the packet ignored).
Ap0calypse wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm
some people use it in tcp/ip games to crash everyone in the room, and since we use an irc platform to play, it becomes very annoying to have to hide the ip of the room, people cant pvp, etc
If you know how they crash a game, you can attach a debugger and see where it crashes (or check the debug log dump), though I have a feeling your crash doesn't happen in d2game.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Ap0calypse
Brazil

Post by Ap0calypse » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:42 am

thanks, Necrolis, I'll do some further research, I learned that d2fog has a packet handler too, I'll look for it there

b1n

Post by b1n » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:12 am

very good information Ap0calypse, , as I am planning to install my mod in lan houses, thank you very much
I'll test and give some feedback
Diablo II Evolution

Return to “Code Editing”