Blizzard announcing multiple Diablo projects

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Blizzard announcing multiple Diablo projects

Post by AdiTT » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:48 pm

It has been a while since I last posted here :) But dear Blizzard gave me a good reason to do so.

Latest announcement they made is quite curious as people speculate for a long time what could be the next step. I sure hope they don't turn my beloved RPG game into MMORPG.
But I place a (small) bet on Diablo 2 remastered version like they did with Star Craft. Which I am not really sure is the best thing to happen from mods perspective. I was wondering if you discussed such possibility and I checked around, found no topic on that.

Twitter link here.
Non-Twitter articles are already piling up. One example is here.
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Fawahar

Re: Blizzard announcing multiple Diablo projects

Post by Fawahar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Blizzard is a dead company to me, nonetheless I've found the comments on twitter link absolutely amusing, so much of thanks for sharing that #news :)
As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

jerk-o
United States of America

Post by jerk-o » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Why is it a dead company to you?
(\ /) This is Bunny.
(o.o) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(><) him on his way to world domination

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:22 pm

AdiTT wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:48 pm
It has been a while since I last posted here :) But dear Blizzard gave me a good reason to do so.

Latest announcement they made is quite curious as people speculate for a long time what could be the next step. I sure hope they don't turn my beloved RPG game into MMORPG.
But I place a (small) bet on Diablo 2 remastered version like they did with Star Craft. Which I am not really sure is the best thing to happen from mods perspective. I was wondering if you discussed such possibility and I checked around, found no topic on that.

Twitter link here.
Non-Twitter articles are already piling up. One example is here.
Glad to see you back! =D

As for the multiple projects, I guessing there will be another addition to D3 in some way, specifically due to all the seasonal stuff they are trying. There will be a next-gen Diablo project as well, probably a straight up D4, but I dunno if they'd make it an MMO, WoW has kinda killed off most of the market. I think there will also be something different, like a Diablo themed Hearthstone, or some like a Diablo dungeon builder where you have to defend against heroes. And unless they are planning to remake all the models for D2, I don't think they are actually gonna remaster it (and besides, the remastering team still needs to finish WC3 remastered), I don't think it holds enough money for them (SC:HD does due to esports, WC3 is a lot easier to remaster).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

jerk-o wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 pm
Why is it a dead company to you?
Somehow they do not fail to disappoint me every with every single release since November 13, 2008. From that date I've seen nothing even close to my expectations from such a company with legacy and name. I reckon this drastic shift is due to their change in ownership and post 2000 demanding gaming-culture trends. No one particularly to blame, just a bad luck for Blizzard in my eyes.
As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Money makes the world go round and for these big companies its hard to resist. So they go mainstream. As a person that plays Warcraft 3. The cinematics of WC3 are another lvl compare to the immature mainstream {filtered} blizzard makes nowadays for Wow. In today's wow, the tone, the expression, the dialogue is made for 12 year olds compare to the mature style WC3 had.

Return to “Off-Topic”