Mod release: Diablo 2 LoD 1.13 Content Update Mod

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
FlowerDance
Germany

Mod release: Diablo 2 LoD 1.13 Content Update Mod

Post by FlowerDance » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Sooo it all started with wanting to add a few uniques here and there, then I got hooked a little bit and suddenly I was creating dungeons and converting gifs to make new auras at 4 am. Anyways here it is, my content update mod, kinda like the additional expansion daddy blizzerd never gave me.

It's nothing too crazy just mainly new items, few new skills, awakening skill for each class at level 100, higher level cap (120), new endgame content etc. So I mostly like to think of it as another expansion as I already said tho I did do a little bit more than initially intended but anyways here is a list of all the changes (I kinda put a lot of anime references into the mod but dw if you don't want to have anything to do with anime you won't even notice):

If you are a lazy reader just watch my hype/trailer video :D

General game changes:
  • Decently higher unique and set drop rates from super unique and boss monsters
  • Much higher high rune drop rates
  • 50 tp/id scrolls in books
  • Bigger inventory and cube size
  • Arrows at every vendor
  • Magic / rare / unique arrows and bolts
  • Increased gambling odds
  • Difficulty resistance penalty increased by 10 in normal 20 in nm and 30 in hell
  • Monster def, attack rating, hp and damage +10% in normal, +20% in nightmare and +30% in hell
  • Death exp penalty 1% / 3% / 6%
  • Monster level and monster density +10%
  • Monster groups can be slightly bigger now
  • Static field in hell only gets monsters down to 66%hp
  • Added a few mods to mag/rare/crafted items and made magic/rare items able to spawn with slightly stronger mods
  • New recipes for stronger crafted items (recipes are further down)
  • Countess can now drop up to KO in nightmare (special rune drop)
  • Only two runes are required to upgrade to the next level rune
  • Slightly altered characters base stats and hp and mana per lvl
  • Pgems are now purchasable at Akara and you can use them to upgrade your gear
  • Added melee splash dmg mod on certain uniques and jewels
  • Added a new elite sword type: Rapier (DMG: 43-47, speed- 30, range 5, max sockets 4)
  • Increased save bits for every stat by 1
  • Decreased the amount of gold you are gaining
  • Decreased gamble cost a bit
  • Removed mana burn and explosion on death mods from super and champion monsters

Changes to mercenaries:
  • Act 1 Hell Fire: LVL20: Might + Multishot
  • Act 2 Hell Freeze: LVL16: Blessed Aim + Multishot
  • Act 3 Hell Fire: LVL6: Conviction + better skills
  • Act 3 Hell Ice: LVL10: Holy Freeze + better skills
  • Act 3 Hell Lng: LVL6: Conviction + better skills
  • Act 5 Hell: LVL 12: Concentration + better skills
  • Lowered all merc res and res/lvl
  • Mercs can have full inventory now (only 1 ring)

Skill changes:
Every class has a new awakening skill that becomes available at level 100 and their max level is always 10.
These skills are NOT increasable by items or charms, so only hard points matter.
Skills that give stats are also always linear so for example 40% ed at level 1 -> 80% ed lvl 2 -> 120% ed lvl 3 etc

Barb:
Increased Stamina(removed)-> Lion Pride (grants increased strength)
Mastery skills simplified to Melee and Throwing mastery
Whirlwind dmg buffed

Sorc:
Inferno(removed)-> Phoenix Sage Fire (a skill that fires multiple firebolts that split into two on impact and search for enemies)
Frost Nova/Nova/Frozen Orb -> New/Buffed synergies
Buffed thunderstorm (less frequent but way more dmg) / Hydra
Slightly buffed enchant

Druid:
Now able to summon all spirits / grizzly / both wolf types (5 of each)/ 1 vine type /
Buffs to ravens, wolfs, bear and vines
Adjusted some fire synergies
Changed firestorm projectile (bigger fire yay) / Rebalanced it
Armageddon now deals 50% physical dmg
Hurricane hit frequency buffed
Duration buffed for Armageddon/Hurricane

Assa:
Blade Shield, blade sentinel and blade fury -> buffed weapon dmg and synergies
Changed Inferno Sentry to Fireball Sentry and adjusted the dmg accordingly

Ama:
Multishot: 100% weapon dmg
Skills no longer use arrows/bolts/javelins
Adjusted dodge, evade and avoid values and removed their animation

Necro:
Buffed skeletons and skeleton mastery and max amount of skeletons
Nerfed the following curses:
Amplify dmg: 100% -> 75%
Life tap: 50% -> 25%
Decrepify: 75% -> 50%

New endgame dungeons!
Collect 9 God Portal Runes that can drop in hell and cube them to get a Magical God Dagger which allows you to open a portal to an endgame dungeon.
If you collect 3 Magical God Daggers you can craft them again into a Crafted God Dagger which allows you to visit an even harder dungeon.
In that second dungeon monsters can drop the 'Key To Nazarick' which will allow you to enter a new dungeon (not added yet).

Items:

Hundreds of new uniques (Using Talonrage uniques that I edited further to make them more balanced to my mod + around 60 of my own)
-> Featuring your favorite anime weapons like Divine Axe Rhitta and The Elucidator.

New and strong glowing set for each class
Slightly buffed some older non-class sets

New endgame items available through cube crafting:
Jah + 2x SOJ -> Ring of Ains Ooal Gown (+1 to teleport/+1 to all skills/30-40% mana/5-15% fcr/+10 to iron golem/+10 golem mastery/30-40% mf)
Jah + 2x Ring of the Warrior -> Ring of Odin (+1 to all skills/10-20% ias/20-30 str/15-20 min dmg/5-12 heal after kill/15-20% to attack rating/200-250 defense/20-30% mf)

New runewords:

Weapons:

Winters Tribute (Any weapons) - Shael/Thul/Lo - DMG% 250-275 / cold dmg 200-250 / ias 20 / 30% chance to cast level 30 frost nova on attacking / 10% chance to cast level 20 frozen orb on hitting / 50-60 cold res / +1 To Cold Mastery (oskill)

Armors:

Paintaker (Body Armor) - Mal/Sol/Um - Defense% 250-300 / Defense 200-300 / HP-regen -10 / heal on kill 10 / all res 20-35 / reduced dmg% 5-15 / 1.5hp per level

Might (Body Armor/Shield) - Shael/Fal/Sur - DMG% 125-200 / Level 4-7 Might aura / Defense% 25-75 / Reduced requirements 25% / attack rating 10-20% / dmg-to-mana 15% / mf 20-40%

Force of Nature (Body Armor/Shield) - Um/Vex/Ohm/Lo - 2 to all skills / Defense% 75-100 / Increased fire/cold/ltng dmg 15-25% / all-stats 20-25 / fcr 15%

Weapons and Armors:

Body (Swords/Shields) - Ith/Sol/Eth/Hel - FHR 55 / HP 89-112 / Defense vs melee 250 / energy 22 / IAS 15-25 / reduced phy dmg 3-8 / DMG% 100 - 200

Soul (Weapons/Helms) - Lum/Um/Lum - All skills 2 / Mana 55-80 / MF 20-30% / FCR 10-20 / FRW 20 / dmg to mana 25

Crafting Recipes:

All old recipes are still available for now but they are changed to: Specific Magic Item + Jewel + Perfect Topaz

These are the new recipes:

Caster Amulet: Rare Amulet, Jewel, Perfect Saphire = Magicfind 10-30% | Mana 20-60 | FCR 5-15 + 4 Random Affixes
Caster Ring: Rare Ring, Jewel, Perfect Saphire = Magicfind 5-20% | Mana 15-45 | FCR 1-5 + 4 Random Affixes
Caster Belt: Rare Belt, Jewel, Perfect Saphire = Magicfind 10-30% | Mana 20-60 | FCR 5-15 + 4 Random Affixes

Warrior Shield: Rare Shield, Jewel, Perfect Ruby = All res 15-30 | ED 75-150% | Blockchance 10-20 + 4 Random Affixes
Warrior Armor: Rare Armor, Jewel, Perfect Ruby = All res 15-35 | ED 75-150% | HP 30-90 + 4 Random Affixes
Warrior Weapon: Rare Weapon, Jewel, Perfect Ruby = Enhanced DMG 50-150% | Lifesteal 3-9% | Max dmg 10-25 + 4 Random Affixes

Ranger Gloves: Rare Gloves, Jewel, Perfect Emerald = Knockback| IAS 1-5% | All res 5-15 + 4 Random Affixes
Ranger Boots: Rare Boots, Jewel, Perfect Emerald = Movespeed 5-10% | Dex 5-15 | All res 5-15 + 4 Random Affixes
Ranger Helm: Rare Helm, Jewel, Perfect Emerald = Atkrating 150-250 | IAS 1-10% | All res 5-15 + 4 Random Affixes

More new recipes:

Any unique, rare, set, magic or crafted item without sockets + PRuby + Gul rune = 1-2 sockets
Any unique, rare, set, magic or crafted item without sockets + PSaphire + Ber rune = 1-6 sockets (notice that items still have the same amount of max sockets so you cant get like a tiara with 6 sockets with this recipe)
Any unique, rare, set, magic or crafted item with sockets + PAmethyst + Jah rune = 1-6 sockets (you can basically reroll your sockets on an item with this recipe)

Unique Item + 3 PSkull + Sur rune = reroll stats on the unique item

This mod is still a work in progress so I will add some stuff over time like more runewords and stronger dungeons but for now I feel like it is pretty good already!

I am also using Base Mod so all these features are included in my mod aswell. https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65492
Also the mod was intended to be played with plugy but if you don't like plugy for some reason you can also use Base Mods features to enable single player runewords and uber trist!

CREDITS:
Zekken (FlowerDance)
The entire PK community for putting up great guides and helping me whenever they can!

Special thanks to:

Nizari
Kingpin
LeNzY
Ascended
dreameaterx
HarvestWombs
Vav
kong
Korelik
Fusman & Phalzyr (Biggger inventory/cube)
jessedazebra (melee splash dmg) -> taken from Resurgence mod!!
eezstreet (skill icons)

I probably forgot a few people so I already apologize :D

Installation:

Download the rar of the mod here:
Version 1.0: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... d.rar.html
Version 1.1: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... 1.rar.html
Version 1.2:https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... 2.rar.html
Version1.3: https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-2-lod ... update-mod

I will probably just upload on moddb from here on ^^

Then simply put it into your D2SE mod folder, copy the Basemod.dll and Basemod.ini into your Diablo 2 and copy and paste the 1.13c loader into your D2 folder aswell!

The mod is also all txt files so feel free to spice things up to your liking!
Also if you have any questions hit me up here on discord Zekken#0820

EDIT:

I forgot to remove the explosion on death mod from champion monsters, it feels very bad to play against since the monsters are already stronger and it just feels terrible to lose 600+ out of 800 hp after killing a monster.
Anyways the download link is updated now with the correct files^^

EDIT2:

Just fixed a bug where the new hell mercenaries are bugging out in nm difficulty + added 3 new crafting recipes: Caster belt, Warrior Armor and Ranger helm!
Also brought back the ltng merc in hell act 3 with a level 6 conviction aura and a better skill set!

EDIT3:

Version 1.2 is out now!
The 2 biggest changes of this patch are:

1. Corrupting!
You can now find scrolls of corruption that you can use to corrupt your gear!
There is a 1/3 chance that your item will turn into a random rare and a 2/3 chance that it will gain additional stats!

2. Treasure Goblins!
Treasures Goblins will now randomly spawn and drop a ton of loot if you manage to kill them!

Check out the full patch notes, all cube recipes, all runewords and credits in the download!

EDIT4:

Version1.3: https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-2-lod ... update-mod
Last edited by FlowerDance on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 13 times in total.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Re: Mod release: Diablo 2 LoD 1.13 Content Update Mod

Post by jessedazebra » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Looks interesting. ;)
Btw: melee splash damage wasn't implemented by me, I took it from Resurgence mod and shared it on forums, so I don't take all the credits for this. I only added missile effect, that's all.

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Aah okay thanks for clarifying I will change that in the credit section :D!

Ascended1962

Post by Ascended1962 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:29 pm

Unable to download it, maybe upload it on MODDB rather :)

My Antivirus is not allowing it through.

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Ascended1962 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:29 pm
Unable to download it, maybe upload it on MODDB rather

My Antivirus is not allowing it through.
Thanks for the info I just uploaded it there and am awaiting confirmation now :p

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:03 am

FlowerDance wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:32 pm
Just fixed a bug where the new hell mercenaries are bugging out in nm difficulty + added 3 new crafting recipes: Caster belt, Warrior Armor and Ranger helm!
Also brought back the ltng merc in hell act 3 with a level 6 conviction aura and a better skill set!
You can download it now it's version 1.1

My mod is now also available on https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-2-lod ... update-mod

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Patch 1.2 is out now!

File-Upload Download

Moddb page

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:42 am

Are there any new combat skills apart from the Inferno replacement?
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:34 pm

mmpx222 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:42 am
Are there any new combat skills apart from the Inferno replacement?
Nope so far that is the only replaced combat skill ^^

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 pm

Just gonna bump this because of patch 1.3
https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-2-lod ... update-mod

PS: There are 2 new combat skills now :D @mmpx

Clayton43nyy

Post by Clayton43nyy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 am

Is there any possibility you could make a separate download available where the only change made to the game was the scrolls of corruption. I want to try playing Vanilla D2 with scrolls of corruption being the only change. Thanks for your time.

sheepstick

Post by sheepstick » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:12 pm

This mod is great for solo play and a bit of co-op multiplayer. Really appreciate the increased rune and unique drop rates.

Tyrael16
United States of America

Post by Tyrael16 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 am

Thank you for a terrific mod. I just can't get enough of it! :D

However, there is a question about something that I did not find included in any of the files. Are sacred treasure items still possible to acquire? How to obtain them? Is it through crafting or simply a rare drop from a specific boss? I have completed all sets so far and I think I have uncovered all unique items (save treasures). Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”