Unique/Set visual drop indicator like in Diablo3 for legendary items on ground

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Unique/Set visual drop indicator like in Diablo3 for legendary items on ground

Post by MagicMatze » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:44 pm

EDIT 2019-Jan-04:
A plugin was uploaded to the filecenter: https://d2mods.info/forum/downloadsystemcat?id=41
---
Original message:

Hi all,

I want to add a visual graphic to uniqe and set items when they are dropped. Something simial to the Diablo 3 legendary drop "lighting pillar" on the ground when dropped from inventory or looted.
I am not sure if the "flippyfile" column in uniqueitems.txt are good for this? Does anybody have tried to add this to diablo2 mod so far? Iam off modding for years and maybe I missed this (along with many other things). :)

Here is an example picture of what I want:
Screenshot004.jpg
Thank you for any ideas and happy new year 2019 :)
Last edited by MagicMatze on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huohuowu2
Paladin
China

Re: Unique/Set visual drop indicator like in Diablo3 for legendary items on ground

Post by huohuowu2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm

It's done in Le Royaume des Ombres.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Re: Unique/Set visual drop indicator like in Diablo3 for legendary items on ground

Post by jessedazebra » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:42 am

huohuowu2 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm
I checked it and it's really cool realisation indeed. The only problem is if you use flippy files for uniques or sets it should be already identified to show the effect. There are code edits for 1.13c to make items drop already identified. From Whist's code edits compilation:

Code: Select all

"Items drop already identified"

D2Game.dll - F6BD '[unique]'

016DF6BD   6A 00            PUSH 0

///

D2Game.dll - 104C0 '[magic]'

016E04C0   6A 00            PUSH 0

///

D2Game.dll - 13DA9 '[set]'

016E3DA9   6A 00            PUSH 0

///

D2Game.dll - 15442 '[rare]'

016E5442   6A 00            PUSH 0

;0 = spawns unidentified
;1 = spawns identified
EDIT: Well, it looks pretty awful, but I did it just to show you that it's pretty doable. :D

Gonna make it my mod as well, I thought of this before, but idea of using flippy files never crossed my mind.

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:55 am

Thank you for your reply!

Is there a qick way to "mass edit" the flippy dc6 files? I have looked into the files and would recommend to put a golden / green lighting pillar into the last frame. Which tool should I take for this edit?

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:26 am

MagicMatze wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:55 am
Thank you for your reply!

Is there a qick way to "mass edit" the flippy dc6 files? I have looked into the files and would recommend to put a golden / green lighting pillar into the last frame. Which tool should I take for this edit?
I use DC Creator + Photoshop.
I don't think there's a way to mass edit all flippy files, though. I just added this ray to the last frame of the flp file + added a color in chrtransform column in uniqueitems.txt. Something like dgld for uniques, cgrn for sets.

The result is pretty rough, but it looks decent anyway.

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:06 pm

I have now created new flippy files (maybe half done with all) and discovered some problems with the flippy files: Some of them won't be displayed correclty - they were missing the new graphic!

I have made two screenshots:
Screenshot002.jpg
#1 shows some items with the new flippy file.
Screenshot001.jpg
#2 shows some items with the new flippy file and with pressed ALT Key.

My problems are: The "Doppelaxt" (Berserkers Axe=not identified) and "Cathans Herrschaft / Kriegsstab" (Cathans set weapon=identified) doesn't show up correctly because I miss the green beam graphic. I checked the files (last frame with added beam ist there) and there are no typos in the TXT files.

Would this work correctly if I add the code edits for "Items drop already identified" as mentioned before to the dll files?

BTW: I will share the files after its done.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 pm

It won't work if item is unidentified, because there is no unique version of flippy file in weapons.txt nor armor.txt. When they unidentified they will use flippy file from weapons/armor text files, if unique is identified - it will check for flippyfile column in uniqueitems.txt, same for setitems and misc. So I had to add these code edits, just to make it work this way. Also, pic with beam should be #17 in the list (last frame) of .dc6 file, otherwise it will use other frame on the ground.

I made all existing flippy files for every item that has unique/set version of the item in the standart LoD. Also there are .pcx files and .txt files with edits, but they are modified, so don't use it as standart .txt files.

Edit: dunno why there is no file in attachment, so I uploaded it on mediafire.

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:46 pm

I have finally altered all necessary images and did some testing:
Screenshot005.jpg
Screenshot004.jpg
I havent made the code edits for already identified unique/set items -this was not necessary cause the game added the new flippy files to all unidentified uniques and sets correctly. I have also made a pm to a moderator to up my files / plugin to the filecenter so others may use this or test it cause there might some missing graphics?!

For custom mods I have added always a unique and set version of the flippy file so mod makers could use more modified flippy files as it had been neccessaty for vanilla d2 (for example: set ballista etc.).

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:59 pm

So, you edited all flippyfiles in armor.txt and weapons.txt files and now every item has this effect? Or is it working for uniques and sets only when they are unidentified?

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:13 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:59 pm
So, you edited all flippyfiles in armor.txt and weapons.txt files and now every item has this effect? Or is it working for uniques and sets only when they are unidentified?
I only made changed /adds to: uniquitems.txt and setitems.txt / misc.txt. But I made a discovery that a unique ring dropped and the flippyfile had wrong graphics (handaxe I think). But when I identified it the flippyfile was correct (ring). Not sure if there has to be more disocvery etc.

BTW: I play D2 unmodified 1.13c with PlugY, some small DLL edits and HighRes Mod. So there are no other "cross side effects". So for me as this visual effect is good as it is. If someone needs to make this "perfect" - feel free.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:40 pm

MagicMatze wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:13 pm
I only made changed /adds to: uniquitems.txt and setitems.txt / misc.txt. But I made a discovery that a unique ring dropped and the flippyfile had wrong graphics (handaxe I think). But when I identified it the flippyfile was correct (ring). Not sure if there has to be more disocvery etc.

BTW: I play D2 unmodified 1.13c with PlugY, some small DLL edits and HighRes Mod. So there are no other "cross side effects". So for me as this visual effect is good as it is. If someone needs to make this "perfect" - feel free.
I just thought while watching on your screens that you discovered how to make this effect work for uniques and set items when they are unidentified. I guess there's no softcoded way to make this happen. Either it'll be for all items of all qualities with armor and weapons txt-editing or with using uniqueitems and setitems txts and making these qualities drop already identified.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:32 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:42 am
huohuowu2 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm
I checked it and it's really cool realisation indeed. The only problem is if you use flippy files for uniques or sets it should be already identified to show the effect. There are code edits for 1.13c to make items drop already identified. From Whist's code edits compilation:

Code: Select all

"Items drop already identified"

D2Game.dll - F6BD '[unique]'

016DF6BD   6A 00            PUSH 0

///

D2Game.dll - 104C0 '[magic]'

016E04C0   6A 00            PUSH 0

///

D2Game.dll - 13DA9 '[set]'

016E3DA9   6A 00            PUSH 0

///

D2Game.dll - 15442 '[rare]'

016E5442   6A 00            PUSH 0

;0 = spawns unidentified
;1 = spawns identified
EDIT: Well, it looks pretty awful, but I did it just to show you that it's pretty doable. :D

Gonna make it my mod as well, I thought of this before, but idea of using flippy files never crossed my mind.
Can someone please post the code edits for 1.14d ?

prawn
Paladin
Great Britain

Post by prawn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Nice just used this for rune drops thanks

Return to “Multimedia”