ES Beginner

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Hegemon

ES Beginner

Post by Hegemon » Sun May 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello, I'm a long time Diablo 2 LoD player and fan. I wanted something different and a friend suggested me ES mode as the best mode out there. I've installed everything up to ES Rises 4.51N. And so I read here some threads and started learning the ES Database. My question now is what is the best beginner friendly build with which I can learn the basics of the mode and easily farm the special zones. I learnt the basics for now and wanted to start with something easy and powerful. Also I like to play on higher difficulty between /players 5 and 8 so the build should be good there too. So can you suggest me a something. Lastly I don't like Bowazons any other class/build is ok for me.

Texalic
Paladin

Re: ES Beginner

Post by Texalic » Sun May 06, 2018 4:25 pm

You don't need to bother that much, this mod isn't that hard - at least not now, so any build you chose will go fine.

Just chose the skills and play, if you don't like them you can always reset them and chose another.

Plugy will enable you to reset them as many times as you want.

But just in case always create a backup of your save files before you reset your skills.

I went with the amazon, it was my very first time ever to play with her, I think I had some set items, mostly played with the normal melee attack and Valkyrie as a little help, and mostly passive skills.

It was really nice.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue May 08, 2018 6:05 am

First you posted this in Eastern Sun Rises subforum, which is a modmod based on ES Rises 4.51N. If you wanna switch to ESR I suggest joining our discord for help, if needed. Otherwise I'll move your post into the ES subforum where it belongs. Just let me know.

Caster druid/sorc is probably a good way to start and both excel at farming. Thanks to various ways to improve your equipment you can play nearly any build, some will be harder to farm up to though.

Cheers
AlphA

Hegemon

Post by Hegemon » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Yes, sorry my version of the game is 5.1E. You can move this topic to where it belongs, no problems. Can you guide me on PM how to join discord. I'd like to take a part of the community

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 am

If you version is 5.1E, then it's ESR and belongs here;).

Join the Eastern Sun Rises Discord Server

Cheers
AlphA

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 am

If you version is 5.1E, then it's ESR and belongs here;). You can find a link to Discord in the [Patch E Released] Eastern Sun Rises thread.

Cheers
AlphA

oldirtybingo

Post by oldirtybingo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 am

Hey every1!
Figured this was the proper place to post since new players would probably want to know this.
I recently played eastern sun after a few years out of the game, and discovered the awesome work by alpha, and decided to give it a try.
So far it seems great, with all the text and graphics changed, giving diablo a more gloomy and eerie look.
My question is:
I did a few hours of ES before discovering ESR, and in ES i got a whole set from killing rakanishu at the cairn stones.
Is this still a thing in ESR?
I´ve killed him a few times, so is it just based on chance?
Thanks in advance!

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:21 pm

AFAIK it's still possible for boss/minion packs and superuniques to "jackpot" though in my plays so far it's yet to arrive for me. So I'm probably hoping someone who did encounter this can answer it for you.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”