BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by devurandom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Well thanks for trying, but it works I've tested it multiple times, multiple ways, Multiple OS's and renamed the dll.
Check the README file in MPQINI folder. You have to compile a new .bin file, anytime you want to change an option, unless you're using the plugin as basemod.dll and don't want to change any of the default options. BaseMod will not read the file from Patch_D2.mpq you need to make a new mpq file, outlined in the readme file.
even if it only contains the one file.

It Sounds like a PITA, but I think a lot of modders don't want users to change their setup options so easily.

If something is still not working, please explain steps to take how I can reproduce the bug issue.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Conqueror
Argentina

Post by Conqueror » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 pm

devurandom wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm
Well thanks for trying, but it works I've tested it multiple times, multiple ways, Multiple OS's and renamed the dll.
Check the README file in MPQINI folder. You have to compile a new .bin file, anytime you want to change an option, unless you're using the plugin as basemod.dll and don't want to change any of the default options. BaseMod will not read the file from Patch_D2.mpq you need to make a new mpq file, outlined in the readme file.
even if it only contains the one file.

It Sounds like a PITA, but I think a lot of modders don't want users to change their setup options so easily.

If something is still not working, please explain steps to take how I can reproduce the bug issue.
Do you mean that if I use a Mod.mpq I can not use Patch_D2.mpq?

I'm sorry, I just did not understand. : /

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:09 pm

He means that the bin file wont be loaded from the patch_d2.mpq file. You either need to use the basemod.mpq, which comes with the basemod plugin, or rename it, if you want. Or if you want, you can create your own mpq file. I personally use the basemod.mpq for that, at least for now, and it works flawlessly for me.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Yes that's correct.

Patch_D2.mpq is delay loaded by Diablo II module. Yes you can still use that for other files, but not for BaseMod.bin. You'll need to create a new mpq for basemod in v1.10.

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm

Just a question: Except for the documentation, you didnt changed anything else right? Meaning that I didnt need to replace this one with the 1.10 beta ?

Also, could you extend the hiredesc.txt file with the basemod plugin?

Here is an old post I found about it:

https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30865

There also was plugins for Diablo 2 1.10 I think, but it would be needed also for the new versions.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:18 am

I just had to revert some changes I made last night in v1.10, I did those changes because one AV was giving a false positive. Just now I had to restore some of those changes, because it would effect D2SE compatibility.
Its a bit tricky to make reading ini files from mpq all work right & also with D2SE. So if you download v1.10 today in last 5 hours you'd need to re-download it, from the first post. sorry about that.

There's only about 3 changes since the beta version for usability - better error handling, adding
the mpq name string with D2Memory management.

TheWolfx
Romania

Post by TheWolfx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:57 pm

So I made it work with plugy (just added basemode.dll to d2 folder and forced it through plugy.ini) my question is how do i add the mod configuration also so I can have only the gold pickup enabled
and some of the features disabled that interfere with plugy

updawg

Post by updawg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:25 pm

TheWolfx wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:57 pm
So I made it work with plugy (just added basemode.dll to d2 folder and forced it through plugy.ini) my question is how do i add the mod configuration also so I can have only the gold pickup enabled
and some of the features disabled that interfere with plugy
Download version 1.09 and it has a BaseMod.ini file where you can change all the options.

TheWolfx
Romania

Post by TheWolfx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:22 pm

I placed the ini file in my d2 directory but it doesn't have any effect...

updawg

Post by updawg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 pm

use the 1.09 dll as well

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 am

@devurandom: I think you should add the possibility to use the ini file as well. perhaps the logic should be:
check for bin
check for ini
use default settings

this way players who just use your basemod plugin for vanilla gameplay (like I do) don't have the hassle of starting with -direct -txt etc.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi ChaosMarc,

Its a good suggestion. The latest version seems to have a frosty reception.
I really like the new method from a coding perspective, since adding new ini variables is simpler, but for end user
its not. So I think I need to come up with different way. Also maybe load Patch_D2.mpq early, like I did for BaseMod.mpq so it can look in there for the bin file as an alternative.
:-|

Maybe if I add ability to read BaseMod.txt file in its current form from the same directory where BaseMod.dll resides that would help.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 am

Hey devurandom

if it possible for you to actually choose between the ini and the txt file in the installation folder I would definitely go for the ini file. Modders will have no problem opening the txt with afj's sheet editor or siminlar but the random user will just open it with the windows editor and will be lost due to bad formatting and litte/no documentation.

I'm sorry that the txt aproach is not so well received. I really like it! I always bugged me that it was fairly simple to manipulate the plugy presets modders had chosen for their mod (even in the plugy_fixed.ini).

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 am

I'd want to come up with a different method for reading ini file, if it includes that.
Right now working on other code so, I'll wait for other suggestions people might have.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm

I suggest you to look on this stuff, really great thing to have in your plugin. :)
https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62068

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi,

Thanks but it seems like its only useful to people using PlugY.
Issue after that i forsee.. people ask why doesn't it add the inventory starting at the first empty page of infinite stash.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 pm

A long time ago there was a mh that had this feature. It was really great quality of life boost. Even without plugy I think it would be great. Move to cube/stash if opened and back with only one click. 8-O a dream come true.and for your concern. Just say no. I for myself would not want it because I have specific order in my stash pages. Just adding it to the next few page would break that.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:04 am

I'm without knowledge of using PlugY really. About the Only time I use it is in D2SE installs of Dark Alliance.

If PlugY can take items from regular Stash and move them into its infinite stash on its own, then it wouldn't be
that hard to add the code to do inventory to regular stash.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 am

Plugy replaces the regular stash completely. It gives you 2 separate sets of pages which can be a toggled with a button. One set for each character and one shared for all chars. Technically the shared stash is a new file and completely distinct from the vanilla stash. The new personal stash is a new file "d2x" per char too.but IIRC it starts at page 2. Page one is the regular save game stash. It's a bit tricky :(

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 am

Ok, does PlugY have some automated way of collecting items from regular stash into its inventory?

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 am

Not sure if I understand correctly.
The first page of plugy's personal stash IS the vanilla stash. You don't loose items in the vanilla if you enable or disable plugy.
For transferring items into the inventory there is no special mechanism. It's like vanilla. Click item in stash to pick it up, move cursor to inventory, click to drop item in free space. There is no case where items are moved to or from the stash without user interaction.

If you like we can move this discussion to discord.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 pm

I believe I found a bug: I'm using basemod v1.10 with D2SE. Just added several new monsters with new sounds to my mod, but there are no sounds from them. I have the ExtendSounds set to 1 in the basemod, created a new bin file, but there are no sounds played during gameplay. However, if I set the ExtendSound setting to 0, the new sounds play just fine, just like it should. Im confused, in order to set the extended features on, I need to put 0 in enabled column, not 1 ? Or is it just indeed just a bug? I have not tested yet the other file extension features (the levels and objects), but maybe there are bugged the same way?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:23 am

I rechecked, It does apply the patch with ExtendSounds Enabled column = 1. The patch is not applied with ExtendSounds Enabled =0. Maybe you changed the order of the Rows in your txt file?

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:08 pm

If I have it like this, the new sounds doesn't work:

Code: Select all

name	Enabled	param1	param2	param3	param4	param5	param6	param7	string1	string2
Version	0	110	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
AnimateInventory	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
LifeManaAnimate	1	2	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
LadderRuneWords	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
EthSocketFix	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
AutoGoldPickup	1	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
NoPickup	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
RedPortals	1	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
ExtraDll1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	PlugY.dll	0
ExtraDll2	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	SomePlugin.dll	0
ExtraDll3	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	OtherPlugin.dll	0
SpawnMissingSU	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
WorldEvent	1	1	600	40	70	0	2	7	Nagelring	rin
IlvlDisplay	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
PlayersX	0	8	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
Language	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
ExtendLevels	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
ExtendObjects	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
ExtendSounds	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
UniqueNoLimit	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
NilPortalFix	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
MapAutoRegen	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
Players127	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
If I set the ExtendSounds Enabled to 0, then the new sounds play just fine.

I tried to play around with the other features to see if some other feature is colliding with it, but nothing. If I enable the extended sounds, the new sounds just don't play during gameplay, just if I set it to 0. Also, I have the plugy enabled, but as far as I can tell, plugy doesn't change anything with sounds, so it's not because of that. I'm also using D2SE, but that too shouldn't change anything with sounds.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 am

That's the correct order. The patching enabled/disabled code is working verified in code.. might be a bug in the patch.

Question are you adding a sound past the limit 4698 with it disabled/enabled ?

Also consider the Shenk bug, where you have to include a copy of Sounds.txt (and SoundEnviron.txt if changed) in your mpq file. Sounds.bin isn't read IIRC.

EDIT:

It is confirmed a bug. Just set it to disabled for now.
The patch works for extending music, not sound.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”