BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by devurandom » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi,

I don't know much about hotkeys. Also BaseMod isn't under full time development, its a side project when I find time. People are welcome to make suggestions, but I'm planning to take a break from coding.

Thanks
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:22 pm

If you have time, could you please look into extending the hiredesc.txt file? Currently, it is hardcoded, but there are plugins for older versions of Diablo 2. Would be cool to be able to add new entries to the file in the newer versions of the game. Thank you.

Here is a topic I found about it:

viewtopic.php?t=30865

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 pm

It looks strate forward. Not sure when I'll have time to look into it, but I do appreciate you linking to the topic for info.
;)

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

imakeigloos_pat

Post by imakeigloos_pat » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:28 pm

Did you by any chance change the odds for gambling? Because I seem to gamble a lot of set items and very few rare items - it almost seems like they are mixed up with each other.

As always, love the project! :)

Darkquake
Australia

Post by Darkquake » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:52 am

imakeigloos_pat wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Did you by any chance change the odds for gambling? Because I seem to gamble a lot of set items and very few rare items - it almost seems like they are mixed up with each other.

As always, love the project! :)
The amount spawned and the gable rate seems to have both been changed. It doesn't update from modded files(DifficultyLevels), however it will update from gamble.txt.
I make things? I make things.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/darkquake

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:14 am

I rewrote a lot of the server side code, and just hardcoded it to spawn like 20 items per pages. so the old asm patches won't work on it anymore for increasing the amount of items per page. I didn't want to go much higher than that because of all the Items Gamble refresh gets spammed as tcp packets. Also I think there is a bug in the difficultylevels.txt cause someone else contacted me about it. soon as I have some spare time I'll look into that.

imakeigloos_pat

Post by imakeigloos_pat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 am

Thank you sir!

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:24 am

Hi, just a small suggestion. Is it possible to assign a specific state in which mana orb turns purple by Basemod.ini/bin? Mana orb that changes color in different state is a good feature, and I wish that could be free to mod-maker's choice. Anyway, thanks for all your efforts and keep up the great work. :mrgreen:

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm

@imakeigloos_pat Check your Discord PM for a test version

@borg Mana Orb turns purple on state BLOOD_MANA, so it wouldn't be much trouble to do that as default then give it a user assigned Global where people can change it.

:)

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am

Darkquake wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:52 am
The amount spawned and the gable rate seems to have both been changed. It doesn't update from modded files(DifficultyLevels), however it will update from gamble.txt.
There was a *bug* for rare/set items getting the values flipped for DifficultyLevels.txt
But that is the only issue I found. So if someone knows of another issue with gamble refresh *speak up* and describe how to repeat that issue.

*In DifficultyLevels.txt values GambleUber & GambleUltra functions works a lot differently from the functions that handle GambleRare, GambleSet, and GambleUnique. The function that handles GambleUber & GambleUltra isn't changed by BaseMod, it still works just like vanilla.

See this post for how math applies to GambleUber & GambleUltra
viewtopic.php?t=15203

The gamble screen only generates items with iLvls that are within plus or minus 5 of Player level.
So.. if you set GambleUltra or GambleUber to 10,000 for Normal Difficulty in DifficultyLevels.txt,
and gamble with a level 10 character you will never get an Exceptional or Elite Item on the Gamble Screen, only normal items will get Generated, because Exceptional can't spawn with Ilvl =15.

With a level 99 character setting GambleUber = 100 (vanilla) and GambleUltra = 10,000 for Hell Difficulty, will still generate 50+% Exceptional Items, the rest being Elite.

if you set GambleUber = 0 then you can get 100% Elite Items on Gamble Screen, under the same Scenario.

Psycrono7

Post by Psycrono7 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:50 am

What about the ability to let Life/Mana/Stamina globe/bar to go above 32767 and level in character screen above 255 without a rollover?
Miniguns Assault!

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 am

Currently I believe set item has a serious display bug that unlike other types of items, socketed rune can't appear its name when you hover the mouse over a socketed set item.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:15 pm

@Psycrono7 not sure I'd have time to look into that soon.

@borg it seems to work the same in vanilla with Runes in Set Items, unless I missed something.

BaseMod v1.13.1
===============
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vddpupz1v20zh ... od1131.zip

Fix Bug in Gamble Refresh where Generate Set/Rare item Quality Ternary values got flipped for evaluating DifficultyLevels.txt
Thanks to imakeigloos_pat and Neon for reporting an issue and testing.
Gamble Items per screen set to 24 items instead of 20
Add option to allow user assigned player state to activate purple mana for non animated orbs

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

devurandom wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:15 pm
@borg it seems to work the same in vanilla with Runes in Set Items, unless I missed something.
BaseMod v1.13.1
===============
Yes, you are right. It is a vanilla display bug indeed, and perhaps there is no way to fix it.
Btw, thanks for you quick and marvelous update. You are the man.

Razi198

Post by Razi198 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:30 am

Where can I download files: LifeOrb.dc6, LifeOrbPoi.dc6, ManaOrb.dc6, to use Animated Life/Mana Orbs ?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:16 am

They're mostly custom made, but I think some were uploaded in this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=65599

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:46 am

People have asked for Fog.dll loaders for BaseMod
Here's the link and they're for 1.13c and 1.13d only.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mor3oiokjiya ... oaders.zip

zysus
Spain

Post by zysus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:38 am

Thank you devurandom, a great contribution for the few who are creating mods in this community.
pardon by my badly language, Hi have to translate with dictionary

Razi198

Post by Razi198 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Is it possible to display how many gold was picked up? Or may be some hacks can display that amount?
Can you make separate enable options for display Item Level and display Max Sockets in the ini file? Because Plugy also has option to display Item Level. I want to use, Plugy: display Item Level and Basemod: display Max Sockets options.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:01 pm

It regularly takes 50-75 hours to do seemingly simple stuff like display ilvl/max sockets. ran into a lot of issues with that, and had to rework it several times. do I want to rework it again.. not really. It would be possible to display the amount of gold picked up, but for the time it would take to display it on the client and then store the figure some place and update it with a packet every time gold is picked up, it wouldn't be worth the time from my perspective.

BaseMod project status is on hold for now, and I don't have time to work on my main project right now.

chippedsapphire
Germany

Post by chippedsapphire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Hello,

first off: absolutely phenomenal work, this will bring me joy for years to come!

Secondly, I'm trying to get the animated orbs to work. I have some .dc6 files, but I'm not quite sure how to add them to the game. I created a custom MPQ file which loads them fine, but not in the correct position. Also does not remove the default UI. Simply creating a data/../ path with the files didn't seem to work.

If you could give me a quick heads up what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it!

(1.13c loader, 800x600)

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:49 am

You have to adjust the offsets in the dc6.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

chippedsapphire
Germany

Post by chippedsapphire » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Got my hands on the DC6 Creator, any way to find out the correct offset? Do I just try until it looks right?

rewike
Russia

Post by rewike » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Dear forum users. I ask you to share dc6 files of animated HP and MP to version 1.13c. I ask you what I really need, and I play without multi-resolution since it does not work for 1.13c at least for me. If someone can send me this, or do it, but I think someone has already done this version. I personally tried to do it, but it didn’t work out and I am a full lamer in programming, so please attach dc6 animated xp and mp please.

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:27 am

I haven't posted in a long long time, but I wanted to thank you for this great plugin. <3
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”