Question about xp potions

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Question about xp potions

Post by tmuhlhausen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Currently making an exp potion that i want to implement into boss drops, the potion seems to work fairly well. Ony issue is if it is used, and the total amount the potion adds exceeds the remainder to the next level. the level doesn't ding, The character stays level 1, but his xp goes above level 1. Any idea how to force a check every use?

i feel like it has something todo with lastexp and nextexp in itemstatcost.txt

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Question about xp potions

Post by Necrolis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm

This cannot be done without CE, as there currently is no pspell that will correctly add exp as the game does via the ancients quest reward or killing a monster.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Ah okay, i was following along with your thread about this topic, was hoping i was able todo something like Stat1 experience
Calc1 (stat('next_exp')=<499)?(stat('experience'.base)500:0

but im really horrible with math so.. and i clearly do not understand the syntax

also i apparently cannot read because it says what i was reading was written by Nefarius and was by Xeno
and Kingpin.. my bad. referring to the formulae guide
Last edited by tmuhlhausen on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 pm

tmuhlhausen wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm
Ah okay, i was following along with your thread about this topic, was hoping i was able todo something like Stat1 experience
Calc1 (stat('next_exp')=<499)?(stat('experience'.base)500:0

but im really horrible with math so.. and i clearly do not understand the syntax
The only thing a formula can accomplish is taking you to one less exp than required for the next level; in which case you need to cap it by: current exp - next exp - 1.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:06 am

that actually might just work, as i only intend for them to give small amounts of xp anyways. Just in case they are used within 500 pts of the next level threshold that cap will stop it from breaking. Much appreciated Necrolis

and by current xp you mean "experience" right?

Return to “General Mod Making”