How To remove Gloams Transparency

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

GreenHeaven
France

How To remove Gloams Transparency

Post by GreenHeaven » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a new to the forum and mod making. Atm I am working on an overall improvement of DII Vanilla, adding new runewords, uniques etc...

I want to create a set similar to Trang'Oul, when the characters transforms into an Archon, like the Sorcerer's D3 endgame skill. So far I managed to get it done by cloning the transform effect in states.text.

I am using the Willowisp sprite n°121 in monstats.text, so far it works but I can't figure out how to remove the transparency when it moves. As a backup plan I could use the finger mage sprite, but the Willowisp is way close to D3 Archon. Is the Willowisp movement animation coded somewhere else ?

Thank you for your help :)

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: How To remove Gloams Transparency

Post by Cypress » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:25 am

I think the transparency is from the Gloam's walking animation, which you can find in monsters/WW/WWTRLITWLHTH.dcc.

GreenHeaven
France

Post by GreenHeaven » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:34 pm

I haven't dug the animation modding yet but this could be a good start.

Could you be more specific on the dcc monster file location and how to edit it ?
Thanks !

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:09 pm

Data/global/monsters is in d2data.mpq, which you can take out via winmpq or some other mpq editor. For DCC editing, you can use CV v5.2 (which is in the download section under Animation Editing) although the program is a bit buggy.

GreenHeaven
France

Post by GreenHeaven » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:30 am

Yes, found the .DCC !

When I load the .DCC file into Cv5 all I get is black frames. I went through the readme file and the knowledge base, tried changing the color palette without success...

Also, how do I inject back the new animation into D2data.mpq, is MPQ2K the fastest way ?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:54 pm

You don't put anything back into D2data.mpq, place it in your modded Data folder. Diablo 2 knows to override anything that you place in your modded Data folder with whatever is in the Data folder of other mpqs (and be sure to use the same folder location; if you found the file in d2data.mpq's Data/Global/Monsters/WW, then it goes into your modded Data folder's Data/Global/Monsters/WW). And I have no idea how to do much of anything with Cv5 except converting from DCC to gif and vice versa, so I can't help you with that. I'm lazy when it comes to doing graphics work, so I'd personally just find some other non-walking gloam animation of the same animation length that looks okay and replace the walking animation with it.

GreenHeaven
France

Post by GreenHeaven » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:47 pm

Oh yes I get it now. The path shown in D2data.mpq details must be the same as my modded data folder.

This tip will be very helpful for any upcoming changes I am working on. I will do further tests with Cv5, but if i fail changing the animation i'll stick with the Finger Mage which works perfectly.

I have yet to fix other stuff (Barb morphing into Talic has a slower attack framerate, even if use the Werewolf ias skill table), otherwise thank you for your help, much appreciated :D

Return to “General Mod Making”