Make unique/ set items through cube recipe

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Devangell
Belgium

Make unique/ set items through cube recipe

Post by Devangell » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Hello all

I made a sort of upgrade off every elite unique, as well as several set items, and changed the 'level'-column of all these new items to 110. By doing this, they will only drop from monsters who are level 110. I do this to make it so that these items will only drop in the cow level and nowhere else. Now, making the monsters in the cow level drop these items is no issue, but trying to create them through cube recipes is where the problem is. When I change the 'lvl', 'plvl', 'ilvl' columns in cubemain.txt to 110 it doesn't work, I always get the 'normal' set part of that item and not the new upgraded one. Are these columns capped at 100? If that's the case, I guess making these items through recipes is impossible? Unless there is a way to do this.

Thanks in advance

Grtz

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Make unique/ set items through cube recipe

Post by Cypress » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:33 pm

There is definitely a way to do it, but I'm not exactly sure how. I know that, by default, the ilvl of recipes caps at 99 (or maybe 100, I can't remember exactly). But in my own mod, I am able to produce items from ilvl=255. I believe the limit is based on experience.txt, so if you increase the max level you probably also increase the max ilvl (note that you can prevent players from going over level 99 despite increasing the max level by making it so they gain no experience at level 99, and also making it so the exp difference between 99 and 100 is so great that the Ancient's cannot push you over the requirement).

EDIT:
I decided to check it myself to make sure, the limit appears to be based on the value of the maxlvl row in experience.txt; it doesn't even seem necessary to expand the level rows below it (EDIT: IT IS NECESSARY. Be sure to expand the level rows, or it'll overroll and break your characters). I set The Gnasher to ilvl=110 and created a cube recipe that produces an lvl=110 item, and it wouldn't produce, but upon setting maxlvl=110 for all 7 characters, it does produce the item.

Also, according to another, much more reliable source than me (viewtopic.php?t=46873&highlight=), it would seem that the true limit is ilvl=127.
Last edited by Cypress on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devangell
Belgium

Post by Devangell » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:00 pm

I thank you for your fast reply and solution as my recipes do their job now.

Thanks!

EDIT: setting the max lvl for each character to 110 does make the recipe work BUT when I killed an enemy my lvl was reduced to lvl 1 and he won't gain any exp, because I didn't add the extra lines. Can this be fixed that my character max lvl is set to 110 but he can only grow to lvl 100?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:04 pm

Oh shoot, you are correct. In that case, you'll want to set expratio=0 for level 99, and add in additional rows for levels 100-110. Level 99 to 100 is also already set to require 300 million experience, well beyond the Ancient's, so you should be fine setting any exp requirements for the other levels as long as they are of higher values and do not exceed 4294967295.

EDIT: Or actually, since you want level 100, you'd want expratio=0 for level 100 so that you can't level up to 101. It's confusing to me since the expratio applies to the level's row, but the experience value is the amount required for the next level.

Devangell
Belgium

Post by Devangell » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Tested it and works perfect. Thanks for your help!

Return to “General Mod Making”