GAMBLING: More than 20 items per Gambling Page

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

hellnecrotom

GAMBLING: More than 20 items per Gambling Page

Post by hellnecrotom » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:39 pm

Hey guys, I followed this guide to make gambling runes fun: https://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=189

I also added a DC6 file for a blank rune successfully so that the person can't tell what rune he's gambling for.

HOWEVER, in Misc.txt, the "cost" and the "gamble cost" fields don't seem to be doing anything when gambling for the items. They only affect the cost when I try to sell the not-yet-transmogrified (right clicked) blank rune back to the vendor. Why is the gamble price the post-transmogrified price and not the pre-transmogrified one (the blank rune)?

I set both the cost and the gamble cost to 1, so that I can tell when it is working and when it isn't.

Thank you

NEVER MIND - I figured out the above part.

My questions are:

- I once made a mod where, without code editing, I somehow managed to get more than 20 items per gamble page. How is that done (I fail to remember)?
- Can the blank rune be transmogrified instantly when it transfers to the player's inventory from the gambling page (can it be done somehow?) or we must right click it for this technique to work?

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: GAMBLING: More than 20 items per Gambling Page

Post by Necrolis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:41 pm

hellnecrotom wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:39 pm
- I once made a mod where, without code editing, I somehow managed to get more than 20 items per gamble page. How is that done (I fail to remember)?
This might have been possible in much older versions of D2, but now requires either a code edit or a plugin like D2Mod or Basemod
hellnecrotom wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:39 pm
- Can the blank rune be transmogrified instantly when it transfers to the player's inventory from the gambling page (can it be done somehow?) or we must right click it for this technique to work?
Unless you want to add new code, the player will need to right click the item.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

hellnecrotom

Re: GAMBLING: More than 20 items per Gambling Page

Post by hellnecrotom » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

Understood - thank you

Return to “General Mod Making”