do you believe in mysticism?

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

rikeproseet123

do you believe in mysticism?

Post by rikeproseet123 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:39 am

Once again I played games and thought about how many people are afraid of the existence of mystical creatures. Or maybe they believe in magic or mysticism. And I'm talking in a broad sense, even for example connection with the universe or rituals.

P.S. About myself, I can say that I believe in tarot cards and now I am even learning to understand them.

garyware1299

Re: do you believe in mysticism?

Post by garyware1299 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:47 pm

I believe with mysticism and other things. It seems to me that it is impossible for us to be alone in this world. I also believe in horoscopes and the fact that the sign of the zodiac matters. I started to get interested in tarot.

Update. Found this article about tarot https://yourmindyourbody.org/how-to-ask-tarot-question/
Last edited by garyware1299 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:00 pm

Mysticism ... well, I believe in it firmly in Heroes 3: Shadow of Death ;) Not in real life.

Mystical creatures - probably not in our Earth time. But definitely in the "escape world" and the imagination of a lot of people (and I am so thankful to all of them for sharing their stories and imaginative creatures, spells and skills with the world). Not as much as a distraction, but more as "something of your own", something that makes one excited.

As for the zodiac (incl. the Chinese one) I believe it has more of a psychological input (not defining it, just input) to character development - what happens when you celebrate your birthday (the year and the season) and you are happy or unhappy about it as a kid and as a teen. That would impact the way you see the world around you. Few of my own examples (to which there are of course multiple exceptions): people born around Christmas tend to be more social as they celebrate their birthdays in a (long line) of social events in December and January. People born mid-summer (usually) don't get all the friends they want on their b-day parties - almost everyone are on vacation at that time.
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

thereaverofdarkness

Post by thereaverofdarkness » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:31 pm

Supernatural things are by definition not real; if they were real, they would be natural.

Aptably
United States of America

Post by Aptably » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:38 am

rikeproseet123 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:39 am
Once again I played games and thought about how many people are afraid of the existence of mystical creatures. Or maybe they believe in magic or mysticism. And I'm talking in a broad sense, even for example connection with the universe or rituals.

P.S. About myself, I can say that I believe in tarot cards and now I am even learning to understand them.
Mysticism has a place in our life. But most often people do not want to make any effort to change their lives and turn to some rituals, I personally am against this business. I believe that anything can be achieved with hard work. A striking example is rituals for beauty, people do a ceremony in order to be beautiful. This is generally nonsense. So I wanted to get in shape, went to the gym, started doing programs https://bestbodyworkout.com/body-composition-exercises/ and after 3 months I became handsome :) Absolutely everything is in your hands and head.

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:49 pm

Aptably wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:38 am
But most often people do not want to make any effort to change their lives and turn to some rituals, I personally am against this business. I believe that anything can be achieved with hard work. A striking example is rituals for beauty, people do a ceremony in order to be beautiful. This is generally nonsense. So I wanted to get in shape, went to the gym, started doing programs (URL removed) and after 3 months I became handsome :) Absolutely everything is in your hands and head.
And what is mystical about going to the gym? :roll:

Nobody would mind Health and Lifestyle discussions as long as they are relevant to the topic.
X) As the thread progresses, please do not stray too far from the original subject. While the Phrozen Keep Staff tries to give as much leniency as possible on this matter, if a topic goes off on too much of a tangent, the original thread may be locked and you may be requested to start a new topic.
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Return to “Off-Topic”