BGmod 2.0 Idea and a wish list

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.
Eisead
Champion of the Light

BGmod 2.0 Idea and a wish list

Post by Eisead » Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:58 am

Ok, this is your place to name any idea, wishs, or things you must have fixed (not bugs, more like qurks)

Skill Certificates – these are like Mastery Spheres, only less powerful. They are upgraded via money, and are used to specialize your character. Think of them as skills/feats you find in DnD.

Class skill bonuses/ enhanced class weapons – In an attempted to diversify the types of players out there I’m making several changes to these. For example, as it stands now Polearms are sub-classed as Daggers for use by the Necro. I’m going to take it the next step and Sub-class Daggers as spears. So as a spear class user you go with daggers if you wanted. Paladin swords will be sub-classed as Maces, Assassin swords will have random Parley effects added and be sub classed as Polearms.

Fist weapons will be added, Staffs and fist weapons will be classed as Maces. Fist weapons will come with Barb and Assassin skills, while Staffs will be given Parley effects to encourage Melee Sorc’s

Some quests will be changed. These include Harder Mini-Bosses and redone .ds1 levels. The exact changes have not be documented yet.

The battle Arena: I will be editing the Inner Cloister to hold a large arena. Two WP’s will most likely be used to create this so combatant would each take a different WP into the battle room then fight each other to fight.

The after Baal: Acts 1, 3, and 5 will all have after Baal things, Act 1 will have ‘Destructions Army’ (Cow Level), Act 3 will have Kurast and the Temple of Time, and Act 5 will the ‘Frozen Tomb’. Kurast being the easyist, followed by Destructions Army, and the Frozen Tomb being the hardest.

NOW, here is the most crazy of the crazy ideas I’ve ever had and I would like some options from the rest of you. How would it be if I scaled all difficultys so low level chars could survive the beginning of the acts while higher level char’s would only survive later in the act. Giving you the ability to go to act five with your lvl 9 Conjuror while at the same time a level 54 Archer was having troubles in Catacombs Lvl 3.

It would be more like an open adventure thing. Yes? No? Am I crazy?

So anyway, let me hear you input.
Last edited by Eisead on Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xenobi
Paladin

Re: 1.07 Idea and a wish list

Post by Xenobi » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:19 am

I got plenty of ideas, be patient and read em all please :)

First off, with the spheres, make them a socketable item, make them about 10x better then they are and require level 99. Give people a reason to get to level 99.

Add alot more sets and uniques. There are hardly any!!

Final Zon set - Create 2 sets here, exact same requirements, but in one set make the weapon a javelin and in the other make the weapon a bow.

Final Barb set - Hrm...gotta go with dual swords whirlwind set. Could you possibly throw in a mid to high level throwing spear set?

Final Paly set - Definetly make this a Zealot set, Its the most common (and best) class, in my opinion

Final Necro set - I like artymancer set here (bone/psn/curses) because I got a crappy comp and this kind of necro lags less..lol

Final Asn set - Definetly claw weapon set w/ + to trap skills. Your decision on claw + shield or claw + claw.

Final Druid set - Dunno here, never played one. I don't like em.

Final Sorc set - Make a all around set for all 3 elements.

Skill ideas

Zon: Skills are pretty good as-is. Re-enable Valkrye.

Barb: Haven't played a barb yet, dunno what skills or not to change.

Sorc: Same as barb.

Paladin: Add alot more +ed% and ias% to Fanatisicm. Make all auras actually function like auras again, remove cast delay on FoH.

Necro: Make more bone skills. Alot more. Summons work well, no change needed here.

Druid: Same as barb and sorc.

Asn: Add alot more useful shooting traps (like death sentry, ones that shoot stuff)

Make the act bosses harder and more rewarding. Also, Possibly make Arcane sanctuary incredibly larger. Im not sure if thats possible, it would be cool if it was though. What better place to do it but in the best mod ever?

I'll post more stuff as I think of it[/u]
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:45 pm

[quote=Xenobi";p="91379"]
First off, with the spheres, make them a socketable item, make them about 10x better then they are and require level 99. Give people a reason to get to level 99.
[/quote]

They are already socketable. Sphere+Sphere Amulet

Cubed Sphere Amulet+ Artifecers Blood x 4
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Xenobi
Paladin

Post by Xenobi » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:52 pm

no i meant like being able to put them in armor, weapons, etc. i already knew about the sphere ammulets. make them like a gem or a rune is what im saying.
Whenever my character is having trouble, I reset the game, but what happens to that world I reset? It's only a virtual world I realize, but thoughts turn into reality, and I fear that the world I abandoned was overcome by evil...

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:14 pm

But then they would be totally overpowered.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Reltach

Post by Reltach » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:37 am

I'm fairly new to the mod and my biggest beef is that it's way to easy, i've often wondered, do the monsters even deal damage at all? It seems that only the unique monsters do, and the others just have a nice thick layer of hp and that is it.
Skill, from what i've seen, seem done quite well.

Bounty Hunter's claw mastery is a little bogus in my opinion, very limiting to claws only, perhaps change it to 'Ninjitsu Mastery' And have it add bonus's to Hand to Hand combat(being No weapons in hands), added bonus to Kicks damage, and then any other weapons that would be deemed 'in' the bounty hunters regular arsenal.

Perhaps thats what you were going for with the sub-classing x as x, but, that sounds much more difficult than simply being more specific with the weapons. The reason i think it woudl be better to be more specific is simple, it will be easier to control the balance of things. Or perhaps i'm miss understanding how sub-classing works. Either way, whichever you think works best here i'm sure will do.

Bounty hunter Claw block, should add to any dual weapon block for them, perhaps dual daggers as-well?

Bounty hunter swords should be able to be dual wielded by a bounty hunter (if this is already possible, forgive me, i didn't even try yet)

Bounty Hunters Shock web seems slightly underpowered, for it needing level 4, and being ineffective in the blood moor, makes it plainly useless. The way it hits monsters alone makes it a little difficult to use, but on top of that dealing unnoticable amounts of damage, only makes it a throw away sklills.

Conjurer's Storm casters seem to be afraid of everything, usually standing right behind me too far away from the monsters to attack. However they're fine as long as i go into melee combat with something. the succabus is very aggressive, It woudl just be a little more accurate if the storm casters would, kinda, follow her lead instead of me having to go into melee to get them to attack. Although, back to monsters not doing damage.. has made this almost unnoticable, my naked necro even went great against andarial. the poison did a little damage though.

Well, besides the monsters not doing damage the mod is.. decent, please correct it, I want a challenge with all these niftly lil graphics :)

Reltach

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:33 am

I've made this a sticky.

I've looked at and considered many of your views. I've Increased all monsters AR by 2x.

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:28 pm

increase the drop rate of gems and make them a tad more usefuln even when your character is in the high levels.
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Thu May 08, 2003 4:50 pm

[quote=Eisead";p="91358"]
NOW, here is the most crazy of the crazy ideas I’ve ever had and I would like some options from the rest of you. How would it be if I scaled all difficultys so low level chars could survive the beginning of the acts while higher level char’s would only survive later in the act. Giving you the ability to go to act five with your lvl 9 Conjuror while at the same time a level 54 Archer was having troubles in Catacombs Lvl 3.

It would be more like an open adventure thing. Yes? No? Am I crazy?
[/quote]

I was just thinking this over, and I think it's a really cool idea, I wish I had thought of it much earlier. :D You'd have to figure out some way to give credit for the final quest, maybe clone something into the act boss that you must kill. But this could be very interesting, especially if the levels get renetworked.

You could even do something like move the baal-equivalent into the durance act 3, and then spread the four (or possibly more!) parts of khalim's will across the other four acts. This way you can go about it in any order, but you have to delve into the hardest part of each act before you can fight the final bad guy and move to the next difficulty. This non-linearity would be extremely BG-like and quite cool. :D

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Fri May 09, 2003 8:18 pm

Hmm, thats a good idea Foxbat, I think I'll use it.

epsilion

Post by epsilion » Wed May 14, 2003 12:35 am

crap posted twice
Last edited by epsilion on Wed May 14, 2003 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evolution of Man-4 steps
God makes Man
Man makes War
Man makes Gun
Man destroys God

epsilion

Post by epsilion » Wed May 14, 2003 12:36 am

Ive got some ideas. Rename some of the skills and give them new graphics.
Bone armor would be cool if you replaced it with a globe of imunity or protection from missiles graphic.
There are no storm casters in bg turn them into vampire mages or something.
Sucubi should be skeletons and renaimed animate skeleton.
Metor could be melfs minute metor.
diferent curses could be renamed to ray of enfeelbement, slow, entanglement and such.
Vigor needs be called haste!
energy shield should be replaced with some spell deflection graphic
Same apllys to cold armors.
Enchant should be called flame sword
Ill probaly think of more stuff like this
And all skills should have graphics icon graphics from the game, thatd be cool.
-New items-
Robe of the evil arch magi-Necro armor
Robe of the neutral arch magi-Druid armor
Robe of the good arch magi-Sorc armor
Pixie prick-Slow cold damage dagger
The Wave- cold crushing blow halberd *VERY POWERFULL*
Nebs Head-Necro head
Celestial Fury-Lightning damage one handed sword
Gessen short bow- high damage lightning bow.
Rift Device-Wand with some insane charges(lvl 40+ lightning and such)
Human Flesh armor-High def armor with resistance
Gorgon Plate-Fire/Posion resist armor high def
Staff of the woodlands-Druid Staff
Staff of the Magi-Lightning/Fire Sorc staff
Lilacor-Silly mods not usefull at all
Cloak of bravery-Necro Armor
Tears of bhaal-Unique Charm +atributes +1skills

New sets
-Firkaggs Defence
Dragon Helm-Resitance Helm
Red Dragon Armor-FireResitance Armor
Dragon Slayer-High Fire damage quick speed
Dragon Shield-Resistance Shield.
Cloak of the shield-Charm high defence bonus.

Rename base items to actual item types from the game, ie no ponigrads.
change graphics of class specific items to items from the bg.

I like the idea with the non linear acts, its cool. Why not rename some npcs(drizzit, renal bloodscalp,minsc,cromwell,tiax etc) and places as well.

Replacing bhaal with irenicus might be neat. Other act bosses could be firkraag, saverok, or kangaxx.

Well thats it for now ill probaly think of more things, glad to see the mod is up and going again. Maybe the other veterans will come back too.
Evolution of Man-4 steps
God makes Man
Man makes War
Man makes Gun
Man destroys God

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed May 14, 2003 5:14 am

Thank you, I'll most likly end up using alot of those no less.

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:58 am

I'm new to this mod, but I really LOVED it!
Yet you could do with some improvements...
  • Why did you remove crystals and special potions (you've left the least useful of them) from the shops? You can put them back making them cost more, a lot more - for balancing.... like Lightning Crystal 10000 gp, Poison Crystal 12500 gp, something like that....
  • If you already added two crystals that are slightly linked to "Etherlords" - Ether and Kinetic - you might also consider adding three more of them... I realise it's a bit offstyle in a BG mod, but it'd be fun, I think:
    • Vital Crystal - adds life (maybe also mana) stealing/regeneration/both
    • Chaotic Crystal - adds something at random, like random chance to cast random spell of random level on striking/when hit
    • Synthetic Crystal - adds durability/self-repair/both
  • To ensure the doom of the minions of the Three there should be a whole class-specific outfit for each class.... and maybe set...
  • I like FoxBat's idea of moving Baal, but why only him? are others better? let's move all of them change them to something new, make the appear in item-related areas (so that you must find/forge/cube/anything a certain item before entering) and make killing them a prerequisite to beating the game..... :mrgreen:
  • You can make a "secret cow level" some kind of temple in which a new Worldstone resides... so that nothing would be irreversible... but the nearby farm cows went mad from its emanations... :mrgreen:
well, that's it for now...
what d'ya think about it?
Musst conssume, or oblivion will take uss...

Ciderax

Post by Ciderax » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:41 am

Just one thing and I'm happy, Make the game harder ;P

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:45 am

Oh, one more thing...
Why did you make Succubus on the basis of Clay Golem? I think Blood would be more fitting her style - with blood bond and life stealing....

I've started the game with a Conjurer and I'm trilled... ;))))

Ciderax

Post by Ciderax » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:49 am

Make it PvPGN compatible ;P

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:46 pm

Can you please make a skill cap a little more - like 100 or 666?
I'd just love to see a lvl 100 Pit Fiend or a lvl 100 Blade with lvl 100 Undead Mastery... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:20 am

More sets!!! More sets!!! like:
  • * +1 and +2 mercenary sets;
    * if possible - subclass specific mercenary sets, something like Fiery Maiden Gear and Ice Damsel Outfit;
    * Normal and +2 class specific char sets;
    * maybe a mercenary generic set - armor and helm
Well, you can also make a set drop rate a little lower, 'cause my clvl 52 Act 5 NM Conjurer is overburdened with Vecnas and High Forests and Fools Prides, which he never needs, and has no Xzars, which he desperately seeks... :cry: :cry:

Well, it would be fun if you'd increase crystals and special potions drop rate, or make them buyable at any (preferrably big) cost...

Why did you make Knave's Robe a Dusk Shroud? Conjurer looks awful in that... I understand it's awe he needs to make impression of, but could you change it... for instance to Ornate Armor... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: 14.7 - already clvl 61 and has one Xzars Soul and hundreds of High Forest Spirits and Vecnas Hands...
Last edited by Chiffa on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonely Wolf

Post by Lonely Wolf » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:13 pm

Ok, here’s some of my ideas:

1. Bounty Hunters (Thieves) should have a Dagger mastery that improves their damage and to-hit with daggers and throwing daggers. This will encourage dagger (thrown and otherwise) use by this class (which seems right). OR maybe you could have a skill called "weapon training" or something that does that for claws, daggers, and all the bhunter specific weaps.

2. All classes should be able to duel wield weapons. (Though this is likely require new graphics and be too hard to do). The duel wield could somehow change the Str reqs (probably hard to do as well) on the weapons in question, so that you'd need a strong chr depending on what weaps you want to use duals of.

3. Also I’m not sure if this is a bug or if it was done for a reason or not but, Demon spirits drop WAY too much in the first act (not too sure about other acts). Considering they can be sold for 10,000gp+ a piece, I see this as a problem. My lvl 6 Shapeshifter had his money completely maxed out (for his level), very early in the game!

Well that’s all I can think of for now… oh, and well done on this mod by the way.

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:15 pm

• * Crystal of Luck - looking like a piece of rainbow - adds magic find...
    * Crystal of Greed - looking like a gp ($, lb, sheqel, euro, anything) - adds (as some of you could have already guessed) extra gold from monsters...
    * Runes should be reworked. Now you can hardly see a symbol on them, wich takes out some fun...
    * Can a runeword be set? For example - a set "Conclave's Will":
    • * wand + Ehwaz + Nauthiz
      * armor + Thurisaz + Algiz + Raedo + Othila
      * skull + Ansuz + Dagez + Uruz + Nauthiz
    gives to the char a look of High Templar... :twisted: :twisted:
    * Crystals of Spells - add a chance to cast
    * Crystal of Speed - looks like a whirlwind - adds faster run/walk/stamina heal
    * A way to make a charm from scrap with desired attributes

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:54 am

did some painting.... :roll: :roll:

tell me is it a little pretty, and could it be used in The Mod...

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:43 am

We'll your graphic talents are pretty good, those have way to much color for d2's limited pallete. But nice work indeed.

I also plan on adding more merc sets and getting knifes and throwing weapons back into the loop with some new class skills spreed out amoung the tree.

-> Also as a note, I've changed the name to BGmod 2.0. Because it will be the next verion. Not a fix of the old ones. :mrgreen:

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:06 am

@Eisead : My proposal for suctom aniamtions or specific dll editing is tsill up :D

If you need some preview of all the BG/BG2 monsters I have converted, I an make up a web page during this WE and you can pick the one you may want.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:33 pm

I would be content with that. When you have it up let me know via something. Thanks joel.

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”