missile tables

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

No votes

Total votes: 0

Baz
Champion of the Light

missile tables

Post by Baz » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:52 am

What's the best way to find them? plz tell me how, and I'll do the big stuff :D
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss

Realm of Chaos mod

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:24 am

If we can't find them, I doubt you could be able to find them...You will need to know some assembly to be able to recognize those tables...I think it is probably 3 dwords long, 1 being the starting function, 2 being the finishing function, and the third not sure of(missileID?)...

Baz
Champion of the Light

Post by Baz » Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:38 am

what would be the best way to find them? I think I'll have to use OllyDbg (or should I use XVI32). Plz tell me HOW you think to find them... and I'll try to find them :roll:
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss

Realm of Chaos mod

Jarulf
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by Jarulf » Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:45 pm

[quote=Baz"]what would be the best way to find them? I think I'll have to use OllyDbg (or should I use XVI32). Plz tell me HOW you think to find them... and I'll try to find them :roll:[/quote]

I gave some brief explanation about a similar case for the normal attack skill a few topics below. Just look in the missile code section instead (it is easy if you can see the assertion messages, not sure how Olly would show that). They should be used at the end of the missile section. Look for the kernel call for bad code pointer or whatever it is called.

You should see something along the lines of [reg + 6fdxxxxx] (possibly 6fcxxxxx) in there accessing the actual table, with some lea and shift instructions before it to get to the correct entries, it will appeara a few times, normally for both fetching the address for the pointer check and then for the actual call (where you will see a call reg instruction instead for a real address). That is VERY general how it looks when the game fetches a code pointer from a table. The size of the table should be possible to determine through the calcs just before.

Return to “Code Editing”