Download Version 2.2:
QtCore4.dll, QtGui4.dll, mingwm10.dll
If you are updating from a previous 2.* version, you will already have the dlls.
Downloads including dlls:
7-Zip (2968KB) or Zip (4144KB) (also at the Keep, and at paul.siramy.free.fr)
If you already have the dlls:
7-Zip (216KB) or Zip (280KB) (also hosted at the Keep)
7-Zip (88KB) or Zip (136KB), and on GitHub and at paul.siramy.free.fr
Thanks to GuyAskingQuestion and the Keep's admins for hosting mirrors.
ReadMe (also included with downloads)
If you have any sort of comments, suggestions or similar, please post them here! most Feedback is welcome!
- Create batch/ini files for ds1edit or run the editor directly
- Configuration dialogs for both the editor and the loader itself
- Association with .ds1 files (see the readme, "Setting up the Loader")
- Includes (editable) list of all standard Diablo II maps and the parameters needed to load them into the editor
- Display editor output directly in the loader rather than in a console
- Resizeable dialogs, some with different layout options (configurable in the "Configure Loader" dialog)
- The list of maps and their params is now in its own .txt, in the format of the data/global/excel/*.txt files (i.e. tab-delimited columns), and thus can be edited easily with D2Excel/OpenOffice/etc.
- In the "Configure Loader" dialog, the parameter list is now batch-editable:
If you select multiple lines and click "Modify" or "Duplicate", you enter the changes to make to all selected files.
- Support for letting the editor auto-detect the LvlPrest Def entry
- Pops up small dialog on new install asking for ds1edit location and whether the .ds1 extension should be registered.
- Eliminated file association bug.
- Some small UI option changes.
- Hopefully final version, major change being that the file association is done, otherwise lots of small things.
- Known bug: opening a .ds1 without first opening the loader will make a little error message pop up, just ignore it, everything is actually working fine. If I manage to find out why Windows is doing this, I'll fix it. ph4t chance of that happening
- Added possibility to add maps to maplist in maplist entry selection dialog
- Double-click map list in main window brings up maplist entry selection
- Added Brappy's suggestion
- Some fixes and cleanups here and there (thanks to Paul Siramy for pointing some stuff out)
- Added drag-and-drop support.
- Complete rewrite using Qt instead of MFC.
- Dialogs resizable and different layouts available.
- Support for newest (a.k.a. since mid-2004 ) editor features.
From Old Version: (1.*)
This is the original post including updates and all. This version of the loader is no longer being maintained.
PhrozenHeart has just uploaded a tool I made: a GUI for Paul's ds1edit. It has many features, although I'm open for suggestions. Currently it supports:
-shell extension: after clicking the right button, all you have to do is double click on you .ds1 to bring up the loader with that file in the list.
-batch or direct: when you have all the files you want in the list, you can either create a .bat file (and a .ini, if necessary) or you can run the editor directly (the output is read into a box in my program)
-all command-line parameters supported: chest check the check box and when you run your program, the parameters are added with all the correct values
-easy adding and removing of files from the file list: select any amount of files to add to the list at one time and the list is filled (paul's editor takes a maximum of ten files, so the list also has a maximum of ten)
I think that's about it... I suppose it's worth mensioning that the output box and parameters can be hidden to make the window smaller. Also, the window dissapears while the editor is running if you use the run button.
Please give me feedback! The program can't get better if you don't! (And please, only constructive complaints)
New in the Update:
- No need for directorys: When you add a file to the list, if multiple files in the ini have the same name, you are give a list of the files with their LvlPrest Name, Directory, LvlType Id and LvlPrest Def.
- View And change the Properties set: By simply double-clicking on an entry in the list, you can view the properties (see previous feature) of the clicked file, and using a button, change them to that of a different file with the same name in the ini.
- Output in monowidth font: The program output is now using the Courier New font, so the text is properly aligned.
- stderr output: The contents of stderr.txt (created by paul's editor) is now added to the end of the regular output.
- dt1 configuration list changed: it now works just like the ds1 list: you use the add button to add new files to the list directly.
- ini format change: Due to the first feature listed, the format of the ini has been changed.
- Many, many bugs removed.
Please, take your time to rate this file in the file center! I will greatly appreciate all feedback!
And the next Update:
- At least one bug removed.
- Drag-and-Drop for the main window (for anyone who doesn't know what drag-and-drop is, it means you can pull a file from an explorer window onto the loader's window and it will be added to the list)
- A lot of bugs with the "Register Extension" thingy fixed.
- Allows up to 100 files in the map list
- Completely new feature: ds1edit.ini (the editor's ini, not the loader's) modification made easy! just use the "Configure ini" button and make your changes.
- New Icon! Thanks, RaeVan Morlock! The icon is the same for the map files, only the editor's main icon has changed.
- verify existence of mpqs (or make the mpq names readonly so that you HAVE to use the "..." button, or both)
- add a "..." button to the mod_dir line. First I need to make a decent "Directory Select" dialog or find a way to modify the standard "File Open" dialog.
- Load previously created .bat/.ini files
- New layout: most features are in the menu (parameters and output are still in the main dialog box)
- probably some other features and bugfixes I've forgotten.
Please note that this is the final version unless someone reports a bug or Paul modifies his editor.
And please, rate it in the file center! (link in signature)
- Bugfix: When editing the .inis the loader used to write some sort of adress to file rather than the string!
- One or two bugs fixed
- After digging deep into the windows API, i finally found the functions that creates a dialog where you select a directory rather than a file. Thus i have finally added a "..." button to the mod_dir setting for the editor's ini!
- Oh, and map files have a new, improved icon. thx volf for the help and ideas
EDIT (27.04.2014) - by Paul Siramy:
- Added links on my website for backup