Site/Portal Upgrade (2004-04-16)

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

No votes

Total votes: 0

spin
Retired Admin
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Site/Portal Upgrade (2004-04-16)

Post by spin » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:49 pm

Welcome back to the Phrozen Keep's Forums. Once again updated and loaded with tons off new features.

Running on a new server, owned by myself, so we are no longer depended on sponsered hardware. (Though the internet connection is still shared with the Rednas Group)

Most noticable feature-wise will probally be the fact that the forums have been promoted to a full portal site, housing the entire Keep's site.

Next to the portal, here are some of the new features :
  • New level's of User Permissions,
    the senior moderators & hosted modmakers now actually have their own user level, completly seperated from the normal moderator level.
    With this, the senior moderators get access to their own control panel, and the hosted modmakers will be able to access their own filecenter categories.
  • A User Control Panel,
    everything that has effect on you, can now be found here, your profile settings, favorites, buddy list, ignore list, personal photo album and more.
  • An integrated File Center,
    the pafiledb setup has been rewritten and integrated into the forums system.
  • A Knowledge base,
    all the articles, file guides, howto's, interview's and more is now neatly categorized into a knowledge base, including a feature to search through them.
  • Photo Albums,
    should they want, modmakers can now get a photo album where they can upload preview screenshot to from their work in progress. If they want to, public uploads can be allowed, but will feature a approve block before becoming publicly viewable.
  • Attachements & Calendar events,
    some forums will allow you to attach files or images to your posts, some other forums (or maybe the same, all depending on the settings) will allow a topic to be linked with a date, these topics will then show up on the calendar.
  • NavSlices,
    Looking for the "Print this topic" or "Email this topic"? Then check out the new NavSlices which holds them.
  • Lots and Lots more, for these please have a look in the Modifications Listing, which also has been updated to a new version.
We hope you enjoy the changes, have fun while surfing the site, and don't forget to stop by the Off Topic forums aswell, because they got allot of new toys aswell :)
zomg, no more sites!

Joel
Retired staff
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:15 pm

Great works there. Congrats to all the Admin for their hard work
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

spin
Retired Admin
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by spin » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:48 pm

As an almost forgotten left-over from the upgrade, I just added 56 new smilies to the set.

Just don't go nuts with them in this thread, k :numchaku:
zomg, no more sites!

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: Site/Portal Upgrade (2004-04-16)

Post by Vendanna » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:59 pm

I must say that the new smileys you added are delicious, I especially liked this one, I know more than one modmaker that could use this one as signal of success :victory:

as always you never stop to surprise us ^_^
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Return to “Feedback”