ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man, tsuru, AlphA - The Real One

thanosdk

Re: ES Troubleshooting & Problem Solving FAQ -- 2011-01-10

Post by thanosdk » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:36 am

After trying multiple times to run es300_R6D_full in Windows 7 64-bit with LoD 1.10 using the mini cd's from the OP, I kinda left the thing since it would not read the expansion mini image with all correct settings to either Alcohol or Daemont Tools.

I came across a vanilla mod, which is great by the way, and the mod maker included mini images as well if one would use a version of LoD that requires a CD. Anyway, tried with this mini image and bam, ES worked straight away, I don't know what is wrong with the OP's mini image but for me they never worked. If allowed, here is the link to that said mini image:

https://github.com/fearedbliss/singling (Just download a zip file from github and the mini images are inside).

Worked for me, even though I installed a 1.13c version, all I had to do was replace the files in my game install folder with this from PlugY website: http://plugy.free.fr/Patch/LODPatch_110.zip then install ES, and finally mount the mini image in Alcohol with the settings from OP. Voila, 1.10 and ES working in windows 7 64bit nicely.

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 am

Hey there!! Hope someone's still around here since I decided to play this mod again.
I'm running it in Windows 10, set compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and everything seems to be working fine so far... Except fot he fact that I can't re-allocate my stats :( Sadly for me, this is kind of an essential. Tried the Player Utility, but not only it didn't work, it also assigns new maps for single player and ruins my farming :(
Could it have any solutions?? Trying to solve one problem, I got myself into another one.

Thanks in advance for the answers!!

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm

I am around here still on occasion....still playing my HC Challenge chars every now and then.

Don't think I can help you with the re-allocating....never having used it as it's never been allowed in tourneys.

As far as map reset...the ES Preferences program has a toggle for map regeneration....did you check that? Doesn't save you if you change difficulties, though. So, if you go to Nightmare, then back to Normal, your maps will be reset. Anyhow, you can find that program in the main ES folder.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks Billybgame!! Appreciate that there's someone still playing this and willing to help.
Checked the PlugY configurations inside the mod folder and indeed, the map regeneration options in single player was there, it worked fine.
Couldn't fix the stat problem, but I came out with a question regarding that: the stat re-allocation feature, it's an Eastern Sun feature?? Or a PlugY feature??
That might give me a clue eventually on how to fix it...
Thanks again!!

PS: sorry for the bad English

ivanweiss

Post by ivanweiss » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:08 am

Reply to myself:
Problem solved!!! :D I looked after the PlugY main folder inside the Diablo II directory, entered the configuration file, scrolled down until I found the "STATS" tab, and copied the stats assignment options there.
Then I pasted it into the Eastern Sun's PlugY configuration file, and done!! The reassign stat option appeared as I entered my character.
Hope this helps anyone in the future!!

Return to “Eastern Sun”