D2 Unofficial Beta Testing

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Truedat775
United States of America

D2 Unofficial Beta Testing

Post by Truedat775 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:25 am

Join us in testing our new 2018 mod engine D2Non, complete with ex Ruby Dreams.

https://github.com/truedat775
https://d2non.weebly.com/

cla$$ics
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: D2 Unofficial Beta Testing

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:27 am

This is very interesting. Do you have any information about it?
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:08 am

D2Non is written in C++ for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction 1.13d. It was originally an belt module, and now since Blizzard
has recently patched it and it can no longer be used as an exploit, I have converted it to a plugin that can function as an
aux engine making all kinds of code modding possible.

Ruby Dreams is the first in a series of small unofficial mod expansions I will be working on for the next few years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diablo II Version History
- Patch 1.13d (Ruby Dreams)[Rev. 0.9.0 Beta]

New Features

- Gold, which is now insured by the royal banks of Lut Gholein, will be
replaced with the new Imperial Dyne bill.
- New and different types of currencies to trade with other players.
- New Design UI features including life dots which resembles old Diablo I Battle.net
rankings. (On average, people who have completed the Hell setting have
3 life dots)
- New cheats you can unlock if you dare.
- Reduced the chance to find items from monsters and bosses.
- Increased the chance to gamble unique and set items, including exceptional and
elite items.

Major Bugs

- Sometimes client will crash after a long period of time, although, this problem
seems to have improved with the latest release.

Minor Bugs

- On operating systems newer than Windows XP, sometimes an exception occurs when
Diablo II closes.

DIABLO II Standard IMPROVEMENTS/CHANGES:

-10 new unique items.
-17 new set items, in 4 new sets.
-1 new secret Horadric Cube recipe.
-1 new secret Rune Word.
-Monsters will now have a chance to drop 'junk' items instead of loot.
-New 'component' item types used for Horadric Cube recipes.

DIABLO II CLASSIC IMPROVEMENTS/CHANGES:

- New secret access to restricted areas, but you must have someone show you
the way!

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:39 am

It appears I have posted in the wrong section. Would a mod please move this to the appropriate forum. Thanks :)

PaintedDots

Post by PaintedDots » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:47 am

Been fooling around on this mod for a while and noticed a couple things I thought worth mentioning.

1: The UI is very intrusive. The bottom part from the EXP bar and below is okay, but I think it should be toggled on or off by the user, also the rest should be added to the stats screen, or brought up only by hotkey. Life dots IMO being the worst part as it is literally in the middle of the screen.

2: 100% do not understand what "insured by the royal banks of Lut Gholein" means, as so far what I can tell the only thing that's happened to gold is that it's graphic and name has changed.

3: There's no documentation about what the new currency or the new 'component' items do, so they are basically useless to anyone playing this mod until you explain further.

4: "New cheats you can unlock if you dare." I haven't found a single mention in the game of how to unlock these, so another feature that unless you explain further, basically isn't part of the game for the rest of us.

5: The new secret recipe and rune word will almost 100% certainly never be found out, unless the game hints to them in some way. Mods generally aren't "huge" anymore other then modded realms, and as such you wont get the hundreds or thousands of people putting every combo imaginable together trying to find it.

6: Played classic for a VERY little bit, but haven't found any mention or clues of secret areas or how to get there.

All in all, I really like the idea behind it and I am so far enjoying playing, but I really think that the big problem for me is that hidden things in the game should only exist if I can find them WITHIN the game. Hints from an NPC quest, an item that tells you about it, etc. Otherwise it's literally a wild goose chase. Unless I just haven't gotten far enough in the mod to find these things, which at the point I am right now I definitely think that I should have found most, if not all hints that there could be (if there are any).

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:35 am

Patience, I just released it as a beta, you can read the code or the tables for now.

I am very busy, I will write the documentation later.

Type ?help for more information.

And you are correct, all I did was replace gold with bills and adjusted item values, the part where I said it is insured is just part of the lore. You can purchase gold from gheed if you wish but it is very expensive. The idea behind this is to allow for very expensive trades without having to go to a third-party website like d2jsp.

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 am

Sorry about that, I really need testers because I don't have a lot of time to play while I code.

?help for more information.

I don't want to spoil the cheats for anyone, so please read through the code on my github.

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 am

Components are in testing and very limited, kinda like WoW when it was in beta, very incomplete.

You can collect Balrog Copper Ingots, but you won't be able to use them until the first non-beta release.

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 am

Updated the last release to Beta 3, check the website. If your character is corrupt, you may need to use the last version to drop items because I changed the codes of ingots.

Jair

Post by Jair » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 am

Wow, More images please :D

Truedat775
United States of America

Post by Truedat775 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:02 am

I posted some pictures on https://d2non.weebly.com/ unfortunately I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

Wings of the Goddess is now in alpha, check out the Wings of the Goddess Preview thread, I am going to continue posting there.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65234

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”