charstats.txt trouble

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Post Reply
ectorzage
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:52 am
United States of America

charstats.txt trouble

Post by ectorzage » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Hello all,

I've done some more testing to recreate the elixirs from diablo and now have pinpointed the issue to charstats.txt. I've tried following https://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=464 to achieve the results I want, but the game keeps throwing an access violation whenever I add the correct Skills to the SkillX columns in charstats.txt. I'm making sure to not leave gaps in the columns in case anyone would ask. Is there something with that file that I'm not understanding or should that be working if everything else is in place?

User avatar
HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Angel
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:50 pm
United States of America

Re: charstats.txt trouble

Post by HarvestWombs » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:28 am

This doesn't sound like a charstats issue at all.

I need more information.
Are you creating a new character
Are you using an existing character
Do all classes have the same amount of skills
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

ectorzage
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:52 am
United States of America

Re: charstats.txt trouble

Post by ectorzage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 am

So I'm trying to work a solution for another of my posts - https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66026. I was a bit afraid of necrothreading, so I made this one (though I may have overreacted).
The first part is on itemStatCost.txt. I made three properties - passive_elixir_life, passive_elixir_stamina, passive_elixir_mana as dummy values.
The second is on misc.txt where I added quasi-elixirs that raise the attributes directly by 1 and maxhp, maxmana, maxstamina by the passive_elixir property values.
The third is on skills.txt where I created 7 skills (one for each class) which raise the dummy properties by the LifePerVitality, StaminaPerVitality, and ManaPerMagic values for each class. Each skill is set as a passive.
Finally, I added each skill to the nearest SkillX slot for each class.

I "think" I'm getting close but I could be going down the wrong path.

ectorzage
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:52 am
United States of America

Re: charstats.txt trouble

Post by ectorzage » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:48 pm

The trouble seemed to occur when I added something to the charclass field in skills.txt. Once I removed that and just gave control over to charstats.txt, the skill seemed to load. I still can't this new property to be correctly read, but I'm trying.

Post Reply

Return to “General Mod Making”