Ancient unique and set items, similar to d3

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

hellfreezer

Ancient unique and set items, similar to d3

Post by hellfreezer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:58 pm

I saw a mod that has ancient and primal ancient versions that roll higher stats on the items like in Diablo 3. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be achieved without recreating duplicates of every unique and set item in the game?

jessedazebra
Paladin
Russia

Re: Ancient unique and set items, similar to d3

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 pm

It's either duplicates or CE workaround. Even if it's doable with txt editing, duplicates is the easiest way.

hellfreezer

Post by hellfreezer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Yeah, I think you're right. I've been thinking about it a bit and copy and paste and a percent calculator actually probably wouldn't take too long. Then just give them a lower percent chance to drop.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Russia

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:29 pm

I just came up with an idea to make these duplicates tier-oriented, like for example: Normal Harlequin Crest (Cap), Exceptional Harlequin Crest (War Hat), Elite Harlequin Crest (Shako) and split them into something like Legendary, Ancient, Primal Ancient with different stats.

hellfreezer

Post by hellfreezer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:14 pm

I like that idea as well, the mod I'm working on isn't so much to change the game rather than add to it or make quality of life improvements and I think it would be cool to find a shako in act 1 normal and upgrade it and be able to see I found this helmet 50 levels ago and I can still use it. I also think it would give more reason to use the upgrading recipes.

Return to “General Mod Making”