Noob having trouble with VERY simple cube recipe

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

flyspray091
Australia

Noob having trouble with VERY simple cube recipe

Post by flyspray091 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:18 am

Hi, this is embarrassing, but I honesty can't figure out the problem. I have a cube recipe that turns an item into a unique. Very simple. Put an item in, hit transmute, it turns unique. Problem is, it only works the first time. After that the item just turns into a rare. I honestly can't understand.

The recipe is enabled, I tried with version on both 0 and 100, and numinputs is 1.

The input is "weap,any" and the output is "usetype,uni". The lvl and ilvl columns are 98.

I tried adding ingredients like antidote potions or tp scrolls, but nothing changes. The item turns into a unique on the first transmute, but if I hit transmute again it becomes a rare, and then just keeps rerolling a rare. If I save and exit, the recipe will work again, but only the first time. Then it's broken. If I go buy a new weapon, it'll work, but again, only the first time.

Any advice on what could be causing this? From all the tutorials and documentation I looked at, it should be so simple. This is 1.13c and Plugy.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Russia

Re: Noob having trouble with VERY simple cube recipe

Post by jessedazebra » Sat May 16, 2020 8:55 am

The game cannot spawn the same unique in one session, so you need to set nolimit to 1 in uniqueitems.txt for every item you want to spawn more than once per session.
Also you may want to check this topic, if you want to use CE workaround: viewtopic.php?t=63614

flyspray091
Australia

Re: Noob having trouble with VERY simple cube recipe

Post by flyspray091 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:24 am

Thank you so much! I was losing my mind with testing, lol.

Return to “General Mod Making”