Best class to complement the Assassin?

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
Xandir

Best class to complement the Assassin?

Post by Xandir » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 am

Hey everyone ;)

So I'm planning on building a Kicker/Trapper hybrid, usually playing in TCP/IP games with my brother. However, I was wondering what class would go best with the 'sin?

We already did a Sorceress/Fishymancer, so I doubt he will want to play another Necromancer.

I don't consider myself to be rich, the best I have is a Magefist, although I did recently find a Goblin Toe, Bartuc's Cut-Throat and a Manald Heal. Lucky me lol. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Best class to complement the Assassin?

Post by gogodanny » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:51 pm

assuming u're playing vanilla (=normal LoD) let me suggest the following:

In order for your assassin to be hell viable you need to make sure to focus on 1 of her trees perhaps with a slight investment into another but not more.
A viable option would be to focus on traps (bartuc's will be quite acceptable, but look for magic +3 traps claws with nice extraskills like lightning sentry etc...) with spare skills going into shadow warrior/master for a meatshield and 1 point into shuriken (that thing where she launches shurikens with a manacost of 3-4 per bolt). This way you've got it all covered (lightning, fire (from the explosion of death sentry) and physical from that aforementioned skill.

For your brother I would recommend either a fury druid with maxed oaksage or heart of the wolverine + a single point into grizzly (perhaps better to find this as an oskill on a magic/rare druid helmet though) OR a paladin with Zeal/Smite/Vengeance and either Conviction aura (to help your traps and his vengeance) or Fanaticism (if he prefers smite/Zeal).

Those pairs should be quite viable although a barb can contribute quite well also (his shouts) and with a massive weapon is a real killing machine also.

your choice :D
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Xandir

Post by Xandir » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah, I'm playing vanilla with the addition of PlugY, so I don't have to worry about skill or stat distribution, and the added feature of infinite stash space is also nice. Right now I'm playing as a pure Kicksin, although the game play feels a little slow on /Players 8. I really need some more AR though, I'm only hitting about 90%, and can't find any Angelics anywhere.

The game crashed as I was fighting the ancients :(

Anyway, I will suggest those builds to my brother. Thanks

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Xandir" wrote:The game crashed as I was fighting the ancients :(
don't use cloak of shadows on them, it leads to this
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Necrolis" wrote:don't use cloak of shadows on them, it leads to this
never heard about that. 8-O Does it happen anytime or under some certain conditions? (doing quest, or too high skill)
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 pm

mirecek" wrote:
Necrolis" wrote:don't use cloak of shadows on them, it leads to this
never heard about that. 8-O Does it happen anytime or under some certain conditions? (doing quest, or too high skill)
dunno, I've never had this either, I just seen various bug logs stating this (and a few not so legal things with fixes)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”