Using PlugY with BTH

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Squirrelloid

Using PlugY with BTH

Post by Squirrelloid » Fri May 01, 2009 6:42 pm

So, I've tried to get PlugY to work with BTH because I want to use the multipage/shared stash feature to make muling easier (no friend needed, can happen during game). The problem being that the D2Mod.dll is created by the BTH.exe file, so its not available for the PlugY.exe file to use. Any idea how I can get this to work?

I mean, I suppose I can turn on PlugY's 'run multiple d2 games' feature and use the first instance solely to create the D2Mod.dll for use with PlugY launched games, but that's... really inelegant.

Edit: Ok, and the inelegant workaround is also failing for some reason. It seems to be loading non-BTH d2 instead of BTH. Needless to say, the PlugY documentation isn't helping.
Last edited by Squirrelloid on Fri May 01, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 pm

you can't use plugy in BTH
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Squirrelloid

Re: Using PlugY with BTH

Post by Squirrelloid » Fri May 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Sigh. Muling is annoying enough when its a version everyone plays. At least in original d1 you could just drop stuff on the floor of Tristram... (Had a realistically complete unique collection back in my d1 playing - realistically complete because you miss a few from quests that you didn't get).

akagambit

Post by akagambit » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Is there any plans to make this possible or is there a solo dll to use plugY with BTH? Cause I have tried about 20 different ways around this to use PlugY but nothing works, either PlugY is loaded and none of the GFX work in BTH or BTH works perfectly but PlugY does not load, maybe add an option ini in BTH to use plugY with BTH or something like that? I mean it does not SEEM all that hard to me to make a small change like this but I am not sure if it really WOULD be easy to do this, so sorry in advanced if this all seems insulting or something cause I am not trying to do so. :)
Last edited by akagambit on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 pm

PlugY and BTH are not compatible, end of story.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

akagambit

Post by akagambit » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:11 am

Dunno why I kept thinking it was "Return to Helfire", My bad, sorry about that...hmm ok Guess I wont continue playing then...sucks cause it looks so good, I just cant play with such a little inventory. Good game though. Cheers.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 am

It's your choice. Diablo and Hellfire didn't even have a stash and you could carry from game to game only as much as your inventory. There are not that many items to collect in BTH either - the focus is on the gameplay, not on the items.

Let's not forget that Diablo II and LoD didn't have a mutli-page stash up until v1.10. Players are spoiled :mrgreen:
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Olanonymous

Re:

Post by Olanonymous » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:24 am

onyx" wrote:PlugY and BTH are not compatible, end of story.
This is not true

At first, sorry for my terrible english, my native language is russian, and I wrote this post using google translate.
By using WinHex, I was able to replace the file d2gfx.dll used by BTH.exe to a new, with the support Plugy. Also, I have made all necessary changes in plugy.ini. Archive with the hacked BTH.exe can be downloaded here: <deleted> (or download attachment) To install simply unzip the archive to the folder containing the mod.

VirusTotal log: Clean file (0/ 42) http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1309216033

Request to Onyx - do not delete my post, the player himself must choose to use it or not PlugY

Ignaitus
Champion of the Light

Post by Ignaitus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:20 am

Necropost, and tagged as "hacked".. Big no-no here.

Also surprised on how well GT translated it well.... usually it speaks cave man in whatever language you translate.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was joking, a bit bad translation, but not as bad as something like:
"BTH PlugY work do. .dll fix. Link download. Delete post not. Player decision."

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 am

Goodbye.
ONYX

Return to “Back to Hellfire”