Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

A-C-E
Paladin

Post by A-C-E » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:20 pm

make some good ias stuff gloves amu rings you made a lot fcr stuff and ed stuff some ias stuff or add ias also to the different kinds og stuff for exsable carrion wind and nature peace rings and ias too the gloves
and the ama skill setup so it like the others

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:38 pm

First off...ias?No idea what you are talking about there bud.
Secondly the zon skill's are getting reworked also as I forgot em early on heh heh.I wouldn't expect a major overhaul but at least a little change.I'm going to try and add some more stuff to the otheres as well.
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

A-C-E
Paladin

Post by A-C-E » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:30 pm

ias hehe increased attack speed :D
with ama skill setup i only meen so you can put in almost every skill when you are lvl1 and you dont need to put in one skill to come to another one like the rest of the char becuase it unfair for amas they "loose" skill when they need to use some before they can use some others

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:59 pm

Well Ok now I got you there lol.And yes there are more ias stuff coming then but there should be more as is in this version bud. ;)
The skill requirements is intentional my friend, :cool: I think most of the other people are going to get an awakening when I drop the requirements back in for all classes....heh heh.So that is why I have left that part of the class alone. ;) Well you get a heads up about whats coming heh heh...
nuff said
Hades

A-C-E
Paladin

Post by A-C-E » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:14 pm

if skill requiremnets go back to normal or not just make it the same for all chars så all chars have the same dis/adventages imo
it also seems that many of the summons like shadow master and warrior and the barb golem have given moore life expceps ama valkyrie i think she should have that also increased.
there are a lot of + to ED and thats great, one og the reason i like the mod shoo much is moore dmg skill point and so on, but some skill seem to have been left behind and therefore not making them very usefull when monster are made a lot thougher assa venom and necro psn nova
they could use a little upgrade i think
We have talk alot about that moore psn dmg on sorc only items either make the eldritc death fantom normal sp they give moore elemental dmg or make some new items that give + to cold -light fire that would be cool and that are IMO some stuff that could make the mod even moore fun
keep up the good work :D :D
Last edited by A-C-E on Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:58 pm

Some of the idea's there are possible but....I'm not putting any more crutches in the mod really.Like extra so and so to this skill and so on.I'm actually going to take some more away from other classes too.But I'm going to make it worthwhile too so dnt worry heh heh.Like more o skills on a number of uniques and maybe more extra fire or cold etc on certain uniques...but I won't tell ya which ones.Just so you know there will be a FEW of the extrs stuff out there ok?
Right now I'm fooling around with some maps so I'll get around to what I can in time for version 2.6 ok... ;)
nuff said
Hades

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:39 am

Actually hey tell me what YALL think of this
we can get rid of 1 of the BARB combat skills (stun)

and put this in
a second Whirlwind tu

the OBJECTIVE of this skill will Deal MAGICAL/ELEMENTAL damage

well cause for 1 thing BEZERK is just way 2 slow
basically substitute the stun or bezerk space or ad in a complete NEW SKILL and make it this magical/elemental Whirlwind

it starts off like the same as WW weak at start NO phsyical damage (iron Maiden Immune :) ) also make it so you cannot leech life with it

could even make it like a sacrifice skill to take your life when u use it
like 5% life 5% mana needed to cast or sumthing that way it has consquences when u cast

keep in mind i play hardcore, so dont have it take like 50% life to cast unless you can leech with it ^.^ howver wheres the fun in that ^.^

also was wondering
would it be possible to have a CHARM that can CHANGE YOUR COLOR STATE
aka
RED (like those maurders in regular D2)
BLUE (like cold/frozen)
GREEN ( like posioned)
then throw in a few other colors like Black Yellow Purple.. if possible, i know the BLUE RED and GREEN you can make with an editor ive dun it on regular d2 single player with an editor
then mabe add in like a FADE image to make it look pimp ^.^ however make these be like amulet thing possibly kinda like a morph amulet but not a morph amulet that way you could have a TRANSPERANT GREEN DIABLO muahahahahaha the power of Looking Godly while being GODLY best combination to have ^.^
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am formerly one of the previous leaders Clan Triforce [TF] Clan Elite Martial Force [EMF] Clan Apocalyptic Harbringers [AH] and I run and operate a of multiple Teamspeak and Ventrilo Servers. Since those clans are long since gone im Looking for some active people to game with.

If you have any questions concerning Diablo II, D2:LOD, D2 Mods, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or if you're looking for a gaming buddy feel free to contact me via XFIRE.

And if you play DOTA *A DEVILISH GRIN* I may request a throw down.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:06 pm

Not bad suggestion,as some of those things are getting implemented already heh heh.And the color change thing yeah more than likely for people who want that stuff,easy to do.. :D
I've been fooling around with the states for a bunch of reasons so alot will be changing there anyways bud...
Keep em coming...
nuff said
Hades

tamerlane

Post by tamerlane » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:51 am

an idea...don't know if it's already implemented...make specific rune or items that offer the chance of summoning unique monsters or tele to unique level, as in morrowind, i thought that was diabloesque and awesome how he dropped a unique item and the way there was found in a wizard's tower. also have charms with specific summons...is this there already? maybe appearance and classification change with higher levels, ie paladin...champion...saint...with specific items geared to these...
"I'll wash me beard in yer blood!"

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:03 pm

Nice idea's also bud,however for rune changes and diff powers on them,I have those kind of features more in Apocalypse bud. ;) And more diff skill's and powers are going to be added to them along with about another 100 more new runes added onto the already 40 or so new runes.
But that's Apocalypse heh heh.
This one may have some of those features very soon as well but I'm going to be having different stuff in both of the mods to keep some base differentiality to them.But dnt worry Underworld will still be getting new things and items,and maps,etc along the way as well...
nuff said
Hades

tamerlane

Post by tamerlane » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:16 am

thnx for replying...i am looking at the (im)possibility of races in a d2 mod, or some general method of further specialization, as it's been said before and i think i agree that the d2 generic skills are generally well done but something more along the lines of what i see in kingdom of tenai mod would be good for a mod specifically because it's branching out.

also, the need to give all characters the use of leap/ teleport skills...they are just too convenient and lead to my personal preponderance of barb and sorc chars :arrow:

tamerlane

Post by tamerlane » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:30 am

another skill idea...have the sorc/druid/ even amazon gain abilities of the elemental auras as a result of their elemental casting skills, ie make fire mastery give bonus to max resist, and holy fire aura of the skill level...and give pally a holy (magic damage) aura with more of a bright light visual effect...i guess i am giving suggestions without knowing whether you haven't included all these in one or another version of mods...but a druid wind damage tornado aura would be cool to compete with whirlwind. as a big barbarian fan i notice in general that mod sets usually focus on swords as the set item...how about polearm/spear more, or throwing axe/jav/bow? double axe? well you probably have those.
one question...is it possible to gain bonuses of alternate weapon/shield, at the same time as primary? and to make these a set as armor/sword/bow set. changing dynamic of when equipped too hard?

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:13 pm

Nice idea's there bud but try and use the edit button if you are the last poster of record. ;)
I like some of those idea's,and as for the skill's,yes there are going to be alot more new skill's coming up veryyyyy soon. ;) Leaves me with a few things to hammer out and implement in the best way but should see some new skill work in next version.Just have been juggling between mods now and weighing which change fite which mod lol...
nuff said
Hades

ChaotiX

Post by ChaotiX » Mon May 09, 2005 2:58 pm

If possible, remove blood golem and make a Bone Golem.( or better yet remove a crappy skill and make bone his 4th golem, replacing fire.)
"The Horsemen are drawing nearer
On leather steeds they ride
They have come to take your life
On through the dead of night
With the four Horsemen ride
or choose your fate and die!"

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Tue May 10, 2005 7:51 am

I'll be re-doing a bunch of stuff once I get back to modding. mostly Skills though. I LOVE skill editing. It's why I started modding.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

ChaotiX

Post by ChaotiX » Thu May 12, 2005 6:53 am

I was thinking...would it be possible to make summoned monsters drop items when they die?

Of course their would be some restrictions, like they only drop when they are at max level to prevent abuse.

And also maybe make summoned G.Bears use shockwave or fire claw...maybe Maul when they attack?

I think Necromancer golems are seriously underpowered. Big Hp...and thats it. My necromancers Clay golems have 10000+ hp...which is great but they cant kill anything. I think its cause Fire golem is no longer around to give an attack boost with its synergy bonus.
"The Horsemen are drawing nearer
On leather steeds they ride
They have come to take your life
On through the dead of night
With the four Horsemen ride
or choose your fate and die!"

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 am

That is a very good point about the golems.

But making summmons drop anything is bad. Too broken. Unless you make them only drop stuff from Misc.txt. But I kinda doubt it'd work.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat May 14, 2005 2:49 pm

No for making them drop stuff bud.But I'm going to be adding in other summons for him too as well as other ones for some other classes though,should help out along the way not to mention beef up the damage done by a few.
Keep working on those skills bud... :D
nuff said
Hades

mogx

Post by mogx » Sun May 15, 2005 5:46 am

How about giving pallys back concentration? That change broke BH pallys... Why did you take it away from them?

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Mon May 16, 2005 9:15 am

BH? huh?

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Tue May 17, 2005 7:19 pm

While playing my necro I had a good idea for the mod.

Replace the act 3 mercs, instead of all elemental they would be completely diffrent.

Necromancer bone - This merc casts Teeth, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, and a weak version of corpse explosion that only does 30-50% health dmg.

Necromancer Poison - This merc casts a poison type bolt, Poison Explosion, Poison nova, and Andarials type poison spray.

Elementalist - This merc is basicly a combination of the 3 old ones, he casts fireball, glacial spike, chain lighting, Lighting storm, Blizzard, and Meteor.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Wed May 18, 2005 7:53 am

I don't know about that. Hades might be inclined along those lines though.

Krazy Kris

Post by Krazy Kris » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:44 pm

I have 3 ideas :cool:

1.) Instead of 5 stat points when you level up how about 10 (or more...) :?:
2.) Instead of 1 skill point when you level up how about 2 (or more...) :?:
3.) How about more exp from monsters :?:

Check back later.

-Krazy Kris

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:30 pm

1: no. A bit too game altering. Having to kill cows in act 1 is bad enough.... Making it so that you are godly and can waste everything including them is straight out.....

2: Didn't Hades do that already?

3: Why? Leveling up is supposed to take time......

Nosferatu

Post by Nosferatu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:32 pm

Well hy...i am new to this page...not new to diablo.Have some so called rpg backround...well actually i played almost every damn rpg there is.
First of all i just love this mod...hades my congrats...I do not understand why just so few ppl appreciate your mod...
I wanted to add..some ideas..maybe you thought of them...maybe not..
For ex...you know there is an rpg game called sacred..try to take out some skills from there....like multi hit....fist of the gods.....for gladiator....
Try to take out some sounds from the game.....like battlemage hitting with meteor shower....You could add new skills to all the heroes like a combo.... a combination...that may be available only from lvl 50-60+up....
Adding magic skills to barb...well i do not really use them....nor golem nor meteor....Barb is brute force in my opionion....Try combo combinations instead of magic skills.
Have you played sacred? try it out,it may not beat the king...but that game has what diablo has not....some secondary quests....Huge variety of creeps
Oh and pls....others had the same issue i guess...I entered nightmare at lvl 68 and after killing blood raven went down in mausoleum.Was packed with diablos..good...bad thing however..that all the diablos dropped the same artefacts.was kind of ennoying after the 8'th diablo kill.
Try to add some sounds from MK ....Like diablo ,baal,or a mini boss saying"You Will Never Win","Don't make me laught" "Muhahhha" and so on...
If a man has nothing to die for, then he has nothing to live for.

Return to “Hades Underworld”