queries for the knowing souls

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

zuluspear

queries for the knowing souls

Post by zuluspear » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:07 pm

the chimera crossbow...how does it work,I notice that is doesn't damage enemies with any sort of ammunition.

the sorc has a certain staff type weapons that do not work with the locus class skills, why is that? invariably thay are staff one handed types. is this a game balance issue???

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: queries for the knowing souls

Post by jbouley » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:47 pm

The Chimera has been fixed. But that must be in my soon-to-be-completed version 2.21 (Don't know why I thought I had fixed it in 2.20...I guess not). At least, it was working last time I checked :roll:

The special sorc orbs are intended not to work with Locus skills. I get many requests for them to do so, but there are two reasons I haven't done this:

1) It is a balance issue. Locus skills are more potent (at least, they SHOULD be) that those in the other trees, which is the payoff for not being able to wield a shield.

2) Setting item limitations on skills is not as specific as I would like. If I were to make the warp orb and other orbs "staff-class," they would work with Locus Skills, but because the staff-class weapons use a two-handed animation, the orb would disappear and it would seem like the sorc was wielding an invisible staff...that wouldn't work well ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Arcanum Archives”