Crafted items?

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

etomlinson

Crafted items?

Post by etomlinson » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:56 am

:? Color me stupid, but I have no clue how to make crafted items. I've been playing D2 since it came out, but I've somehow managed to ignore crafting items? Can anyone give me a steer in the right direction? =8o
Last edited by etomlinson on Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Crafted items?

Post by jbouley » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:12 pm

If you to to a site like Arreat Summit or diabloii.net, you should be able to find the recipes for Crafted Items.

Currently, only Blizzard's original crafted items are possible in my mod.

However, I think I will add several for version 2.21, which will likely be done this month...the sooner the better, but I find that when I set deadlines I end up breaking them because something always comes up.
;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:11 am

Yea, the Crafted items available in SiC are pretty crappy, especially considering the costs (i.e. a perf. gem and you get a whopping 5 mana :()

I'm all for new, useful crafts! :D
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:39 pm

Most likely, my crafts will rely heavily on the various items and reagents I've added to the mods, though I'm sure things like gems, jewels, etc. will also factor into recipes.

It's not likely I'll make more than 10 or 15 crafted recipes for 2.21, just because of all the work involved in creating more clues in the game and things like that. But you never know, I may get on a roll with them and create a bunch...and I may make the recipes similar enough that I won't need more than a few clues to drop in game.

Much like with my runewords, there will probably be some crappy crafted items just because, well, the powers of darkness ARE trying to thwart you, after all. :twisted:
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

etomlinson

Post by etomlinson » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:36 pm

Maybe, Sir Jeff, you could go the same route as Blizz and just release the recipes for crafted items on the forum. Unlike Rune Words, Charm recipes, and the like, crafted items could be "less rare"? Not that you can't make it a cast iron biatch to get some of the ingrediants! :turnevil:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:04 am

I suppose that's not a bad idea...I was always under the impression, though, that it was D2 players and sites, not Blizzard itself, who "leaked" the crafted recipes. But maybe I was wrong about that.

In any case, I can also put them in the readme doc/manual too in addition to posting something on my pathetic, woefully incomplete Web site :roll:
-Jeff Bouley

etomlinson

Post by etomlinson » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:37 am

I was under the impression that Arreat Summit was a Blizzard owned site. Anyway, however you do it Jeff, we'll play play play ;)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:53 pm

[quote=etomlinson";p="86984"]I was under the impression that Arreat Summit was a Blizzard owned site. Anyway, however you do it Jeff, we'll play play play ;)[/quote]

It is...but I wasn't sure if they listed the crafting recipes there (haven't visited in a while) or if the only reason they do list them (if they do) is because diabloii.net and others leaked the information so thoroughly as to make it "public knowledge." ;)
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”