Finished Hell. Great mod!

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

wlparker

Finished Hell. Great mod!

Post by wlparker » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:19 am

I just finished hell mode with a sorc, and man was it fun! I hadn't played much D2 in over a year, and had more fun with this mod than I've had with this game in a very long time.

I didn't use the cube much at all, other than for the three sockets in a unique recipe. I found Glory of the Mage Wars in late NM, and man is that item wrong:) I put two clovers in there to give it 234% magic find, and that unique charm that gave it +100 life like it needs that, haha. I think it was eventually boosting my life by about 750, or about double. Plus solving all Str/Dex requirement worries for life and allowing lots more room for charms after ditching all +str ones.

I leveled to mid teens with Damnation Sphere at five points. Then pumped arctic lances and cold mastery, maxing lances out at level 31. That spell was a superstar all the way up until about hell act 4. After level 30 I worked on maxing Dragon Storm and then Fire Mastery. Added one point in lightning bolt and lightning mastery as a nice "keep away" spell to deal with any fire and cold immune bosses. This worked extremely well, with Dragon Storm killing almost anything in one cast (including Hell Andariel, heh.) To my surprise, with +skills and fire mastery my "wasted" points in Damnation Sphere actually started becoming useful again in hell for dealing with cold immunes while my Dragon Storm was recharging. I ascended at level 68.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Finished Hell. Great mod!

Post by jbouley » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:46 am

Glad you enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

Glory of the Mage Wars was a big, fat, unintentional mistake :oops: , and I've nerfed it for version 2.21 (which will be out soon). I don't know if I've nerfed it enough yet...maybe by the time I get to version 5.0 I'll get it right. ;)
Last edited by jbouley on Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Untamed
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Untamed » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:54 am

errmm... ive heard about this helm but i have never aactually seen it... could we get a screenshot by any chance? or a least a list of stats?
Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot.

ozhenson

Post by ozhenson » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:30 am

Ya, i would love to see why this item is so powerful. A screen shot or even just a description would be great.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:32 am

[quote=ozhenson";p="114533"]Ya, i would love to see why this item is so powerful. A screen shot or even just a description would be great.[/quote]

I won't be able to post a screenie, as I don't plan to hunt through my files to find which version had the most egregious version of this item. ;)

Suffice to say that for a very mild penalty to mana and energy, you got strength, hit point and damage bonuses that probably made the sorc every bit as tough in melee battle as a paladin, perhaps even a barbarian...maybe even tougher than the average barbarian. ;) :roll:

So, with the Glory of the Mage Wars, a sorc owned the game ten times over...and she's already well-nigh upstoppable at higher levels as it is with just her spellcasting abilities. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Madness

Post by Madness » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:11 am

I think im on act 1 hell with my lvl 39 throwing barb, also i was just wondering , what is the best throwing wepon, ive found lots, but all not so powerful like the one that requires lvl 67 i think, and looks like a bird, i got 2 of those just by a couirer bag and one of thoes knives.
Ma[fade]dness.......[/fade]?

[sub][fade]I am legally insane.[/fade][/sub]

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:19 pm

I'm not sure what the "best" throwing weapon is, exactly.

However, there is a Barbarian set (or is it two different sets?) designed for double throwing barbs...and I personally thought those rocked...though players and testers of the mod would have to comment on the new sets more deeply than I can...since I get so little play time in on SiC.
-Jeff Bouley

Madness

Post by Madness » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:09 pm

Yes, i think i've found a few set thrwoing wepons 4 barbs, i would have to chek my character again though, i think its some sort of axe, but is there any elite throwing barb sets?
Ma[fade]dness.......[/fade]?

[sub][fade]I am legally insane.[/fade][/sub]

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:30 am

Don't recall off-hand. But most of the class-specific sets, unless I completely switched gears and forgot, have lots of stats that scale upward with level. In most cases, those should be enough to offset the fact the base weapon's damage may only be normal or exceptional.

I could be wrong, though...again, balance is a tricky thing, and I may not have built them "to last" as well as I thought I had. ;)
-Jeff Bouley

KillBurn

Post by KillBurn » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:42 pm

toodelo im back :P

ive been playing The Fury Within for a month or so now and got tired so when i saw that there was a new version of SIC out i just had to try it :mrgreen: these new set items really rocks :D so now me and my buddy Ruben (yes its he who Ruben the Gheed is named after :mrgreen: ) are playing sic again

i just wanted to say good work Jeff :) and im looking forward to your new mod

uh one more thing is there a runeword with those season runes? i just got the winter rune yet but i think ill be trying to make the other ones if i find out how :mrgreen:
there is no spoon

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:36 pm

Not sure if the runewords themselves are revealed in the runeword spoiler thread...but yes, there are eight "seasonal" runewords using various permutations of the seasonsal runes (four for weapons and four for armor).

There are also two "uber runewords" that use the seasonal runes and a special one called the GodsEye rune.

Good to have you back. I'm hoping to actually complete v2.21 within the next two or three weeks for SiC...then I'll move onto 1.10 editing for the new Rise of the Old Gods Mod.

:)
-Jeff Bouley

KillBurn

Post by KillBurn » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:57 am

ok :) hope it will be even better than sic :mrgreen: hmm i got the summer and winter rune now and soon one more if i guess correctly
my mate missed and used up 3 zods for nothing 8-O
i know how to make autum but i really want to find out how to make spring :)
there is no spoon

Return to “Arcanum Archives”