damn good job!!!!

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

zuluspear

damn good job!!!!

Post by zuluspear » Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:48 pm

a buddy of mine turned me on to this mod here. I haven't been playing D2 long but the game was turning kinda banal real quick, with your mod. I can't stop playing. you've done some fantastic work here!

a number of things I have noted, I'm not too sure if you are aware. 1) some of the set items have no graphics e.g. mesh headgear and the berserkers helmet 2) the sorc locus spells have it so she must wield a staff or mage sword, that's great, but the one handed staffs such as Jareds stone and clasped orbs do not facilitate those spells. would you happen to know why this is? 3) again for the sorc, the crystal swords and astral razors and I believe the pandemomium sword all boost sorc spells. I was wondering if they can be considered in the class of mage swords and staffs seeing as they are specific to the class 4) the harbinger mace for the assassin, sadly, I wish could be considered a claw class. mmmm. am I dreaming.

the kit you have put together for the game is absolutely astounding. the harbinger mace, the disciple mace, the bracers, the mage sword, those talismans, armours and other items. DAMN!!! u have made a friend of me, pal. looking forward to 2.0 and whatever other goodies u can muster. take your time, a man's gotta work.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:10 pm

Actually, the reason the Locus Skills require a staff or mage sword is, aside from being just an idea I liked...helps balance the fact that by and large, those spells are very heavy-hitting compared to the other two trees.

So, theoretically, the compensation is that you cannot have a shield, but you can unleash a big can of whoop-a$$.

I knew about the set helms graphics problems (found out recently) and have discovered that I mistyped the names of the graphics for three set helms. All should be fixed in 2.0

The harginger mace will probably remain non-claw-class. If I recall from some early beta testers, those maces were pretty darned potent. I fear what might happen if they were claw class besides. =8o Anyway, they would run into the same problem as the katana, which is also claw-class...you can only wield one. If you try to wield two, both weapons become invisible...so dual wielding ain't gonna happen if that's what you want, unless you like your weapons invisible. ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Arcanum Archives”