New game select screen

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

New game select screen

Post by jbouley » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:56 am

To prevent confusion, I'm not only updating the game select screen to say 2.21B (obviously), but I'm changing the image. Here are the candidates (shrunk down to save you on loading time...they will be 800x600 pixels in the mod itself).

http://d2mods.xfernet.com/~sanctuary/game-select-1.jpg

http://d2mods.xfernet.com/~sanctuary/game-select-2.jpg

http://d2mods.xfernet.com/~sanctuary/game-select-3.jpg

Any preferences? Place your votes now :)
Last edited by jbouley on Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

pmpch
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: New game select screen

Post by pmpch » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:32 am

Where do you get those images? I've been searching the web for ages, finding either complete junk or some of those having a large copyright cross image.
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the RABBIT, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
King Arthur: Who leaps out?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:19 am

Don't remember where I got those specifically...a lot of times, I find these things on 3-D Rendering sites (of which there are billions on the Web, it seems).

Usually, if there is any copyright mark at all, it's small and in a bottom corner.

Do a google search for "3-D render" or "3D render" and you should come up with plenty of good sites with huge galleries or links to galleries very quickly. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:43 am

I'm torn between #1 and #3. I can't for the life of me figure out what #2 is supposed to be.

I say #1. The gate is sooooo very big :)
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:32 am

@ Max-Violence:
#2 is a desktop with a book, globe, candle and some inexplicable other item I've never been able to figure out. ;)

@ pmpch:
Did you have any vote on which you prefer? So far, #1 is winning by 1 vote! ;) :P
Last edited by jbouley on Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

ThorAsgard
Banned
Crusader

Post by ThorAsgard » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:19 am

Its a very hard one here... Im debating between #1 and #3 myself... I wouldnt think that the alchemy thing (#2) would be any good, and its just a plain one :P

The third with the prison or whatever it is is cool... (And if i see that right, there is a skeleton over there)

The second is just another large gate, Nothing really special.

I think that i go with the third? ;)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:15 am

I lean towards #3 myself. But you need to be careful where you put the text, or it will get obscured by buttons or the flaming D2 logo.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:29 pm

Theres something about number 2, a bit nostalgic.

My vote in favor of nr2.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:42 pm

One vote for #3.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:16 pm

number 3 for me

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:45 pm

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="129321"]I lean towards #3 myself. But you need to be careful where you put the text, or it will get obscured by buttons or the flaming D2 logo.[/quote]

The text falls just a hair underneath the flaming D2 logo, actually, so it's pretty much perfect positioning. I copied the positioning from my 2.21a game select screen, which was perfect positioning just from dumb luck. I knew I needed to avoid the logo and the buttons, but wasn't sure how to measure it out...and I guessed right. :cool:
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”