2.0 bugs/2.1 Wishlist :)

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:36 pm

Ok heres what i already try to hav more than 3 socket on magic/rare :

magic gothic shield+ recipes from gloimere mechanist book (3socket) with and without power preservation (try both) + 3 :-O-:

also try

rare sword +same as above except the last one i use 1 :-O-:

And both is not working , so i think i get lost here :( .Weird.. i can hav more than 1 socket on uniq item but cant hav it on magic/rare :cry:
Btw found another item with black background , its Grizzly Mantle (uniq talisman mantle)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:41 pm

I think the recipe works, but I haven't tested it since 1.01 or 1.02, so I could be wrong...maybe something has changed.

E-mail me the exact recipe you are using so that we can make sure the mistake isn't on your end, and I'll try to do some more testing myself before releasing 2.1.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

SnakeyeS
Paladin

Post by SnakeyeS » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:22 am

I don't know if this was intentional or a bug, but Sander's Riprap (normally set heavy boots) is now set Bone Shield.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:24 am

Heh...don't recall if that was intentional or not. I made a few very small changes to set items...that may have been one that I made ages ago...or it might have been an error. But I suppose as long as it isn't too silly as a bone shield, I might as well leave it alone. ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:57 am

Here is an Act 2 bug, this in Far Oasis. Unhandled exception, access violation c0000005, fault address 6FDFC49B while executing function D2CMP.#10055. This DLL handles compression routines for DCC and DC6 formats, and sure enough there was a reference on the stack dump for xztrlits1hth.dcc. Since the level had Basilisk, mosquito type, Huntress and buzzard type for normal monsters, I suspect I was approaching a boss group when I crashed. This might have been the one-time crash SnakeyeS reported earlier, a boss group wouldn't repeat regularly.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:23 am

The XZ would lead me to believe its my World Corruptor (the unused "flower demon" animations) crashing as a boss. It seems to work OK as a token change for the Tentacle-head monsters normally, but I guess as a boss it's questionable. Worked as a Baal minion, though it didn't behave "right," so that probably should have been my tip-off not to use the buggers as bosses. ;)

I'll go through and remove all the World Corruptors from the unique slots in levels.txt. Thanks, Myrhginoc. :)
-Jeff Bouley

SnakeyeS
Paladin

Post by SnakeyeS » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:15 pm

Hehe, that crash happened to me again yesterday, going through oasis in nightmare. I made one of those huge charms mentioned in the recipe scroll, and its VERY huge 8-O 8-O 8-O like almost half the inventory space!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:30 pm

Yup...very big...I gather that the powers aren't enough to compensate for size, eh?

May have to rethink that...
-Jeff Bouley

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:27 am

jbouley" wrote:I think some folks have managed to cram another row or so in the "backpack" inventory, but I've always used plug-ins myself to do that...never had the time to fiddle with all those offsets and such myself.

I'll check around though...maybe I can convince a fellow modder to part with his work. ;)
The following is a reply to a Private Message I got from SilentX a month ago. The following describes basically how to go about doing these inventories.

In inventory.txt, you'll see a number of columns named stuff like (rArmLeft), (rArmRight), (rArmTop), (rArmBottom), (rArmHeight), (rArmWidth) and such.

There are also the following row entries..................

Amazon (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Sorceress (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Necromancer (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Paladin (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Barbarian (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Monster (Vendor Buy/Sell Dialog 640x480 Resolution)
Trade Page 1 (Upper Multi-Player Trade Window 640x480 Resolution)
Trade Page 2 (Lower Multi-Player Trade Window 640x480 Resolution)
Bank Page 1 (Stash 640x480 Resolution/Classic Diablo II)
Transmogrify Box Page 1 (Horadric Cube 640x480 Resolution)
Guild Vault Page 1 (Unused Guild Vault 640x480 Resolution)
Trophy Case Page 1 (Unused Trophy Case 640x480 Resolution)
Expansion
Big Bank Page 1 (Stash 640x480 Resolution/Diablo II: Lord of Destruction)
Hireling (Hireling Dialog 640x480 Resolution)
Druid (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Assassin (Inventory 640x480 Resolution)
Amazon2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)
Sorceress2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)
Necromancer2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)
Paladin2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)
Barbarian2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)
Monster2 Vendor Buy/Sell Dialog 800x600 Resolution)
Trade Page 1-2 (Upper Multi-Player Trade Window 800x600 Resolution)
Trade Page 2-2 (Lower Multi-Player Trade Window 800x600 Resolution)
Bank Page2 (Stash 800x600 Resolution/Classic Diablo II)
Transmogrify Box2 (Horadric Cube 800x600 Resolution)
Guild Vault Page2 (Unused Guild Vault 800x600 Resolution)
Trophy Case Page2 (Unused Trophy Case 800x600 Resolution)
Big Bank Page2 (Stash 800x600 Resolution/Diablo II: Lord of Destruction)
Hireling2 (Hireling Dialog 800x600 Resolution)
Druid2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)
Assassin2 (Inventory 800x600 Resolution)

What I have in perenthesis is what each Row represents and isn't shown in the inventory.txt.

As you look through the inventory.txt entries, you'll notice that the values for the 640x480 resolution dialogs (left/right/top/bottom) are different from those of the 800x600 resolution values.

For all of the Dialogs, GridRows and GridCols tells you how many squares are in your inventory, stash, etc..... Default for inventory is 10x4. For D2X stashes, it would be 6x8 (GridRows 6 and GridCols 8). For the hireling, this will be set to 0 for 640x480 users and -1 for 800x600 users since that dialog has no squares for storing equipment.

GridBoxWidth and GridBoxHeight tells you the size of each square. Default for them is 29 Pixels. Anything dealing with Width and Height should generally be left alone.

One thing you want to make sure of is that if you have, for example, a 10x8 inventory setup for the Druid's 800x600 resolution dialog, his 640x480 must also be set to 10x8 to avoid crashes). 99% of these values you'll be dealing with as far as location and size will be dealing with pixel coordinates with the exception of GridCols and GridRows, which defines how many squares are going across and up/down.

If you've got an unmodded inventory.txt and a modded one (Preferably from the MegaInventory Stash Kit), you can look at both of them and see how their values differ. This was basically what I did way back when to find out how to rig up those large inventory/stash/cube/multi-player trade dialog setups.

There was a download for the mega inventory/stash/cube kit here at the keep. However, since the new file center isn't done yet, the link is unavailable. But, you can also download it at the following link. http://www.hcgaming.com/

That's basically how these inventory changes work. Good luck with it:). If you've got any other questions, I'll try and help as much as I possibly can.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:16 am

Wow. Thanks for the tutorial, Zhoul...more than I could have hoped for. Now it's just a matter of whether I can sort it all out. ;) :mrgreen:
-Jeff Bouley

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:46 am

You're welcome :) .

That's how the process works for the most part. The Right/Left/Top/Bottom (LArmRight, LArmLeft, for example) are for setting your offset variables. For successful implementation, they need to be set for both the 800x600 and 640x480 variables so folks that are running one resolution don't end up with a bunch of mess or even a crash:).
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

malice
Paladin

Post by malice » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:14 am

here's some easy ones, typos actually, not bugs :)

when you first talk to warriv upon reaching act 2, his introduction speech has a typo at the end. the word "spells" is spelled with 3 letter 'l's. his intro speech is unrepeatable. i had to resort to taking screenshots to jot down his clues, lol. hmm that works better than repeatedly asking people. maybe i'll take screenshots galore from now on :p

when you first talk to geglash, also upon reaching act 2, his introduction speech has a typo at the end. he spells his own name "gelgash" instead of "geglash".

i haven't found any more, actually i'm taking a break and playing fft, heh. later.
" Because sooner or later, seeing his picture might make you have one. " - Avatar profile 1:1

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:10 am

Cool. Thanks.

I've made most of the other fixes to the mod. Just have to test a few of the ones I'm not 100% sure of yet.

Plus, I'm toughening up monsters overall. Nothing extravagant. Just increased minimum HPs for most monsters in Normal..and increased the max HP on a few as well, though I mostly did that for monsters in late Act 2 and beyond.

I'm also making HPs higher in Nightmare and Hell. I'm not putting the values through the roof or anything (I don't think), but I did want to make it a bit more challenging for players.

Since people have been saying it's a bit easy sometimes, especially after you get cool equipment, I wanted to keep it interesting. If I haven't gone far enough or if I went too far, I know y'all will let me know. ;)

I hope to have 2.1 finished on Monday, though this weekend turned out not to be as productive as I had hoped. Wife was out of town, but I had to deal with some other issues, family related and otherwise. So there are still things I need to ADD to the mod to make it truly a version 2.1 rather than a 2.0c. I don't plan on releasing it until that's the case, so if it takes another week or two, I hope y'all won't throw rocks at me. ;)

But I do hope to have it ready early in the week. :)
-Jeff Bouley

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:11 am

Is Canyon of the Magi supposed to be a gem farm? I saw more gem drops there than in the rest of Act 2 and all of Act 1 combined! {M}

(Minor nit, in one of your added NPC speeches you called Drognan Dorgan.)

I am in Act 3 and having a blast. Thanks for a highly enjoyable mod, Jeff!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:38 am

Act 2 in general has sort of become a gem farm. ;) It used to be really bad...swarms were dropping gems at stupendous rates.

I probably should tone it down even a bit more than it is now...but act 2 will probably continue to be a good place to stock up on upgradeable gems. :)

I hate spelling errors...makes me look bad, being a writer and all. Then again, always harder to edit one's own work. ;)
-Jeff Bouley

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:38 am

I just got " arcane jewel " from courier bag and it has no bonus (blank) :?: . Is this a bug or maybe this jewel have another purpose ?

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:17 am

I'm guessing that you can imbue it, but I don't have need for any new equipment :P

Act 5 normal and I've got the stuff I'll be using for the rest of the game...

Anyhoo, are there other 'extra' runes than the Master Runes/elemental runes? I combined three **** runes (I was feeling lucky 8)) and I was pleasantly surprised...also gives me something to spend my money on! Still wondering how to unlock Khalim's Arcana, though. Is there a scroll for that one?

BTW Myhrginoc, most of those gems are probably from the World Corruptors: they drop either a gem, a jewel or a charm. That is, when they don't crash the game ;)

Last night, the game crashed while I was fighting Baal. On my friend's computer, I was dead but mine just bombed out! I don't recall the actual error message, but heck, I thought I just lost ANOTHER character :P Fortunately I crashed BEFORE I died...

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:07 pm

I'll check into that jewel from the bag and see what I did (most likely my fault).

Hopefully, the changes I'm making to monsters in Nightmare and Hell will make you think twice about whether you'll need better equipment later. ;)

The Master Rune isn't technically a rune because it cannot be socketed. A clue drops in Nightmare/Hell as to what to combine with it (which I think is also when the clue drops on how to make the master rune to begin with). There are five uber-runes in the game: Sumr, Autn, Spri, Wint and GodsEye. There are even special runewords for them. Again, those clues don't drop until Nightmare/Hell.

The clue to opening the Khalim's Arcana box is in its name. In other words, the answer to how to open it is right in front of your face. I made it so obvious that it's actually easy to miss. Don't feel bad; you aren't the first one to miss the simple answer. :)

Baal crash is odd...I'll assume general game weirdness. It's not like he's been heavily altered aside from hit points, and he doesn't have any "special" items in his treasure drop.
-Jeff Bouley

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:28 pm

jbouley" wrote:
The Master Rune isn't technically a rune because it cannot be socketed. A clue drops in Nightmare/Hell as to what to combine with it (which I think is also when the clue drops on how to make the master rune to begin with). There are five uber-runes in the game: Sumr, Autn, Spri, Wint and GodsEye. There are even special runewords for them. Again, those clues don't drop until Nightmare/Hell.
Master Rune ? what is that ? Im on act3 hell now and havent found any clues about this :?: or maybe this clue drop on later act eh ?

Hehe... but i know how to unlock khalim arcana :lol: , its pretty easy actually , i just imagine.... if that box is real box in real life then.... i need *** to open it :) and now i hav all the uniq charm from khalim :)

Anyway i just got another arcane jewel but this time its magic ( arcane jewel of ire +3 to max damage )

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:54 pm

I'll be damned...o_O unlocking a pile of books, but heck I did it. w00tski!

Master rune...the ultimate rune, if you catch my drift ;)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:23 pm

> Azmodan: Oh, that worries me if the clue isn't dropping. Let me double-check the TreasureClassEx.txt file. There are several "high level" clues that need to drop in Nightmare/Hell...such as how to make the 1x1 jewel charms and other goodies. Yikes! =8o

Hopefully I can figure out what's happening with that.
-Jeff Bouley

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:26 pm

Actually I got in in act1 NM...but I'd made master runes before that. :)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:29 pm

You mean you got the clue in NM?

I figured you made the master rune just by experimentation, as your post indicated.

Maybe I've just got the NM and Hell clues set to drop too rarely. I'll have to fix that. Because there are probably a half dozen important clue scrolls (maybe more) that I'd like people to be able to get once they pass into Nightmare difficulty.
-Jeff Bouley

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:46 pm

Err... wait , i think i know that master rune , i hav spri rune (+ dex , + lightning damage on weapon ) so. is this that master rune ? no?

Edit: Ehehe.. yeap its master rune , i just checking my stuff and master rune+ * = spri rune , so sorry its my fault :oops:

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:21 am

I made one in A3 normal by experimentation, then found a clue scroll in A1 NM...

Return to “Arcanum Archives”