weird issue (i think)

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Untamed
Forum Regular
Angel

weird issue (i think)

Post by Untamed » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:59 pm

ok everytime i go into the cold plains and forward the monsters i go near get might aura! whats with that? is it intentional? it really hurts... i thought it was my rogue merc that caused it becuase it pretty much started when i got her but i killed her of and it still happend... is there something i dont know?

oh and for the next version could you remove those damned fallen volcanos? they arnt as bad in this mod as they are in other but they are still pointless.. no exp and no items (or any ones worth having)
Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:41 am

There must be a unique monster with "aura enchanted." That's just the game itself...nothing to do with me specifically

...unless there's a superunique somewhere nearby to whom I gave "aura enchanted" on purpose....but I don't recall off-hand what powers I assigned to superuniques in that area.

I'll see if I can improve treasure drops for the "fallen volcanos," but I'm not inclined to remove them entirely....they are infrequent enough in the game overall, and I like 'em. :mrgreen:
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko » Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:17 am

It's not an aura enchanted unique. It happened to me a few times too, and I killed all the monsters in the area searching for the unique...but there was none. It was fairly odd. I don't mind the volcanos, just so long as they don't appear in the Den of Evil...cuz killing everything else, then having to find them and wait for the fallen guys to pop out so they can be massacred....well, i have better things to do with my time.

KillBurn

Post by KillBurn » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:06 am

did anyone else here know that the volcanos sometimes is are bosses? :D ive seen loads of them with auras everything from might to that green thningy that lowers def (cant remember the name) ;) i think that is what u guys have seen :turnevil:
there is no spoon

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Re: weird issue (i think)

Post by Ssergit » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:03 pm

It happened to me, too--only happened when I used a staff, though. Began in the 'cave' level in cold plains, I cleared the entire cave, and found no might enchanted guys whatsoever. I'm in stony field now, and its still happening--when I switch weapons though, it goes away.

He's right, the volcano thing was might enchanted.
Last edited by Ssergit on Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:10 am

I have seen lightning-enchanted volcanos, now that's just plain dirty pool! :P
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:07 am

What? You want the Prime Evil to play fair with you?
;)

OK, sounds like this might solve the mystery of Ssergit's earlier post about a possible link between a staff and the Might aura...I hope.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:54 am

??? I have never found this one !!!. :)
But is it really a problem for a sorc? 8)
I'm just a french fan..

keethrax

Post by keethrax » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:13 pm

[quote=jbouley";p="46286"]There must be a unique monster with "aura enchanted." That's just the game itself...nothing to do with me specifically

...unless there's a superunique somewhere nearby to whom I gave "aura enchanted" on purpose....but I don't recall off-hand what powers I assigned to superuniques in that area.
[/quote]

Nope, no uniques to be found anywhere, happens to my assassin frequently so far. Hppened to me in the cave (thats the cold plains dungeon right?) with some fallen guys and in one of the tomb's after killing Blood Raven with some zombies. In both cases it was not due to a unique.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:04 am

If the old Might aura is in use by what used to be Inner Sight, then the rogue merc is the reason for it. I was trying to put together why a sorc player would see it, but then I remembered the rogue.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:59 am

That would be the explanation, then...the "Might" aura in SiC is actually a ghostly image of a Gargantuan Beast.

I don't remember which animation I applied to the "Aura of Discernment" skill, but I'm pretty sure it is the former Might aura animation
-Jeff Bouley

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:10 am

the rogue "aura of discernement" is the star-like yellow one.
I'm just a french fan..

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Post by Ssergit » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:45 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

The Rogue merc was casting that...that explains why it seemed so random! The sorc was the first char I played so I had NO idea about might/aura of discernment.

Thanks for clearing that up, guys... I didn't want to have to deal with might monsters for the whole game! As to why this is a problem for a sorc--low life, badass monsters = 1 hit kills, I assumed I'd get wasted if I got hit.
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:33 pm

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="81149"]I have seen lightning-enchanted volcanos, now that's just plain dirty pool! :P[/quote]

Waiting for the first extra fast extra strong cursed volcano... :)

Or else a cold enchanted one. :mrgreen:
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:55 pm

[quote=Brother Laz";p="81569"]Waiting for the first extra fast ... volcano... :):[/quote]

Talk about "going nowhere fast," eh? ;)
Last edited by jbouley on Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Jeff Bouley

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:08 pm

While playing a druid, I noticed that my minions could attack volcanos... not sure if they could kill them though.

I keep encountering this bug where Eidolon Bears do not drop out of "phase" even when attacking, making them impossible to target except with normal attack unless I use the shift key and guess where they are. This is VERY annoying when one of them spawns with stone skin, and it has not happened with other "shifters". Incidentally, the bears do not become visble when attacked, unless they are frozen.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:50 pm

Minions will attack many things that you cannot (including the nasty, invisible and unselectable incubus/Izual-type guys in the mod).

I'm not sure whether they can kill the demon-spawning volcanoes either, but I'm not surprised they can attack them.

I don't recall encountering Eidolon Bears that attack without dropping out of phase, so this is a new one on me. Ouch! Not sure that there's much I can do about those occasional stone-skinned, I-won't-allow-you-to-chance-to-attack-me guys, except recommned that you have items with area of effect spell harges or explosive attacks or something....or a really good hireling/minion who can actually fight the bears for you. ;) Either that, or just run like hell. 8-O
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”