Tournament Central

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

maxmage
Paladin

Re: Tournament Central

Post by maxmage » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

if i can get at least 3 people interested in this i will post it in the eastern sun thread and dust it off and spiff it up a bit. then well make our chars and such.
====================================================================================================
OK GUYS THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!

the "Bare Back Iron Skin Challenge"

basically

mod = eastern sun
characters= you choose its up to you
skills=any
gear=NONE
am i allowed a merc?= YES but he has to be naked and every time he dies you lose 10 points. also if he dies during a boss fight with the act boss while trying to progress to the next act he cannot be revived till the act boss is defeated.
am i allowed to use tps?=NO ( will permit this in the case of act 5 baal since the 5 waves of minions are ridiculous. but after they are gone no more tping when you fight baal. and you are allowed to leave a tp outside the red portal in case you die. HOWEVER if you bring a merc trying to get the retirement bonus. you cannot tp unless you run out of pots. i don't want this exploited so you can chicken through a tp if your merc is about to die. and he cant be resurrected till you fight baal)
am i allowed to respec? =NO
am i allowed to adjust stas?=NO
am i allowed to use wps?=YES
am i allowed to use charms= if you can find a way that says your still naked and include proof of concept then yes you can BUT if proof of concept succeeds- you can use only 3 charms (anything but the dmge augmentor is a charm.)

scoring: for every quest and uber lvl you do you get 1 point for every difficulty you compley you get 2 points.
what about sub quests= 1 each. for example getting the scroll from radamant = 1 point getting to the box you would usualy get the cube = 1 point getting the staff pieces = 1 point etc.
jack pots scoring = if you get a partial set drop you get 50 points. full set drop you get 100.
item scoring= you cant use items but! if you manage to make a charm rune word then 20 points.
dstone scoring= this is optional but choose an item and for every dstone you put into it you get 10 points you cant wear the item tho the whole point of this challenge is to do it naked.

ok now strategies:

when you fight a boss fill your cube and inventory with pots cuz its a long walk to town.

ok now a right of passage privileges.

when you go to fight a boss. when i fought andy i was lvl 20. if you can get to lvl 27 your allowed to use a crude or dmged normal(not magic or higher) bucklar shield. with no modifiers on it. when it breaks due to running out of durability you CANNOT repair it.

banned skills. static field it gives an unfair advantage to sorcs. any skill that gives crushing blow eg. annihilation aura.

restrictions. any summons are restricted to 1 summon (this is in effect so that you don't have an army of meat shields) pick wisely for a druid the obvious choice is a elemental or the rubber moo moo. cuz a single wolf will be useless. things like oak sage do not count as summons they count as a buff.

lvl that you may use the right of passage.

when you fight andy you must be lvl 27 when you fight duriel you must be lvl 35 mephisto lvl 45 diablo 50 and baal 60. after normal is completed you can use the right of passage any time you want. ONLY IF! you met the right of passage for all the act bosses. and can repair your shield at any time.

penalties. if you die reduce your score by 5% if you died from a act boss or in a uber lvl reduce it by 3% round i to the nearest high number, no decimals.

when you have gotten as far as you can and decide to retire. add up your score if you manage to beat all the bosses without a shield increase your score by 1% and retire.

this is an idea please help me fine tune it. BUT KEEP IN MIND. this is about being naked and beating the game or getting as far as you can.

edit: new bonus! if you do it in hard core and don't die EVEN one time. you get a 5% bonus. if you die then this bonus cannot be applied.

edit. for zons. you can use small bows with no modifiers on them as these are needed for your main skills. you may also use normal lvl 1javelins as these are required for your main skills. the chance for piercing attack is allowed. but it has to be a lvl 1 item with no other modifiers on it this is the requirement for bows as well.

NO THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN USE THEM FOR NORMAL ATTACKS... they are only for skills that require them. such as poison javelin lightning fury or exploding arrow and ice arrow. i wouldn't recommend using melee skills that do flat dmge since the dmge of your jav will be 3-11 and 1-9.

edit. all bosses must be done on a minimum of players 3. if you beat them on players 8 increase your score by 10% after you beat them.

edit: NEW BONUS!
if you manage to get 10 million gold increase your score by 10% at retirement (make sure to keep note of all BONUSES that aren't effective immediately)
if you manage to BUY *not find or cube* 1 of each gem 6pack can increase your retirement score by 10% if you only manage 1 less then all of them or less. increase your retirement score 2% for every 6pack.
for EVERY unique dropped from the quest drop of an act boss (meaning when your trying to progress to the next act. increase your retirement score by 1%

edit: NEW BONUS! if you beat every act boss and your merc survives (while trying to progress to the next act) you get a WHOPPING 20% bonus to your retirement score!

edit: modification to merc retirement bonus.
he doesnt have to survive the 5 waves of minions in the baal quest. but if you choose to do this you get a 1% bonus to your retirement score for every wave he survives. he cant be resurrected till all the waves are finished.

ALSO NEW BONUS: if you can come up with proof of concept that your still naked if you are using charms or certain types of charms.. you get an automatic 200 points!. i sadly dont qualify for this as i would be hypocritical xD
power is only limited by understanding hence its possible to attain power far more powerful then unlimited or infinity
but if you cant comprehend such power
then such power is not possible for that individual....

well guys here is the asnwer to why you never get answer to your modding questions that have to do with features of other mods.
Myhrginoc wrote:The game does read bin files, but it is no trivial task. We haven't pursued the technique, it would be a huge chunk of code. And we repect the wishes of mod makers who don't include changed txt files because that would give away their secrets.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:03 am

Ok, being back in the tournament mode here, I'm eager to have the 2nd Rares Only Tournament. Ideas about scoring would be appreciated. I'm going to hunt down the first thread, but I'm thinking we may want to add some fresh ideas. I'll edit this with further on the rules soon.

Edit...I found it too...here are the rules:

-New, untwinked chars only. One shot. No reallocation of stats or skills. Death means elimination.

-No rerunning
rerunning Blood Moor and Den of Evil is allowed until You reach lvl 12, but no chest- or shrine runs, kill everything You can.
Returning to earlier acts in the same difficulty to do special areas is allowed, but no picking up items or touching shrines on the way.
The use of "Find Treasure" skill is banned.

-No Gambling or Chitting

-No buying of Gems or use of scroll #14

Equip restrictions

-Rares only
This includes SOCKETS and CHARMS, except Noobs Odd Charm and the Damage Augmentor
As long as no rare is available for a SLOT (slots do not include sockets or inventory space for charms), Youre allowed to use dropped or bought (no skilltab jewelry) white or blue items in these slots. Once an equipable rare drops for an item slot, it has to be equipped and only rares can be worn in this slot from now on.
Forgings, dstoning and gem-melding are not restricted.

Scoring

1. Quest Collectors
10 points for each quest, and 30 bonus points if all quests in one difficulty are solved. You dont have to collect the rewards. (up to 900 pts)

2. Charsis Booster Pack
Women usually arent interested in trading cards, but they are allowed to chose the booster packs since they are supposed to have "Lucky Fingers".

Requirement level of the Charsi imbue x3 (Normal) x5 (NM) and x7 (Hell). It is ok to wait with the imbue until clearing the cow lvl.
(for 900 points average lvl has to be 60)

3. Sports Cards Collector Bonus
Try to get some player signatures for your rare sports cards...

Number of rares dropped in Gfraizer Dome and Bill Roper Memorial Ball Park x20
(the sky is the limit, 15 rares per difficulty would be 900 pts)

4. Perfect Rare Contest
The best thing about colecting cards is showing off your ultra-rare stuff to others.

Once finishing (death or retirement), every player has to submit 3 rares (screenshot would be nice, otherwise just post the stats):

one Weapon, one Circlet (or class-specific headgear) and one piece of Jewelry.

50 points for each the following affixes on each rare:

Knowledgeable
+class skills
+tab skills (no amazon/sorc weapon automods)
additional socket
resist all
250%+ enhanced damage or defense
+2 or more max dam/clvl
+2,5% or more max dam/clvl
of Aurora
of Skillmaster
of Shielding
ctc amplify damage

(up to 900 points)
Last edited by Billybgame on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 am

Billybgame" wrote:Ok, being back in the tournament mode here, I'm eager to have the 2nd Rares Only Tournament. Ideas about scoring would be appreciated. I'm going to hunt down the first thread,...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51205

I found it for everyone's convenience.

EDIT: Wow. Goeido has not been on the forum in 8 months. I did not realize it had been that long.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:42 am

Sorry to post again so soon, but I want to make sure my thoughts don't get missed.

I like the rules, except #4, the Perfect Rare Contest.

Instead, I would like a scoring component that adds up the required levels of you and your mercs rare items. At least I think that would be a good component. Sort of like what we've seen in Craftsman tournaments.

I was pondering allowing normal charms, but I'm unsure. Getting scroll 27 is such a question mark, it can create an un-level playing field.

It was certainly a hard tourney, the first time. Allowing charms could help. We could limit the number of blue charms allowed, I suppose. Just throwing out ideas:)

Edit:
But, I do know the first tourney was really a blast. Hopefully we'd get more to actually PLAY this time, but a tourney where you need to use what you find, so you are in a constant hunt, was very, very, fun.

Also, I wonder if we should take out the Bill Roper and GFrazier scoring component. I know that can be a very hard area for the under equipped, which many were in the first one. We could replace it with something. Again, though, I'm just throwing thoughts out there.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I've had a few thoughts on how to improve the Rares Only Tourney....give me thoughts please:

Limited gambling: You are allowed to gamble for one rare item per act. The first rare that you get, is your one and only gambling effort.

Scroll 27: If you reach the end of NM and have not acquired AS 27, you are allowed to mule it on from your shared stash.

I think these two don't nerf the tourney too much and would improve and level the playing field. Those who would get AS 27 had a nice advantage, I think.

Still might not be enough for some though, as many died before Hell! But, it could help.

After this stuff is decided I'll rough draft some rules and post it.

swevev
Champion of the Light

Post by swevev » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:21 pm

I just read through the rare tourney stuff. I think one rare per act gambling is needed, without reruns what are the chances for char specific rares: claws, druid hats etc. Very limiting without at least a minimal chance for one. I would be in for this tourney.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:04 pm

swevev" wrote:I just read through the rare tourney stuff. I think one rare per act gambling is needed, without reruns what are the chances for char specific rares: claws, druid hats etc. Very limiting without at least a minimal chance for one. I would be in for this tourney.
Good to finally get some feedback....thanks. I like that idea, too. Where are the other tourney people with their feedback...come one, come all:)

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 pm

I'd give it a shot, provided S series doesn't come first (and chances are it might not happen). Save those flawless gems, everybody :)
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Moonie
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Moonie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:55 pm

I d be totally up for that one aswell, was one of the most challenging ES tourney I played here and I d be up for another round for sure, gonna try to reclaim my first place for sure!

Maybe allow more than one try this time, as the first one had an insanly high death ratio and it would loose activity really fast.

The gambling thing is too much in my opinion, I guess once after act1 would be ok, to get the right weapon in case you need sth specific, but after every act it would provide you with a constant flow of high ilvl items, which are the most valueable goods along with gems in that tourney.
ohai

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Moonie" wrote:I d be totally up for that one aswell, was one of the most challenging ES tourney I played here and I d be up for another round for sure, gonna try to reclaim my first place for sure!

Maybe allow more than one try this time, as the first one had an insanly high death ratio and it would loose activity really fast.

The gambling thing is too much in my opinion, I guess once after act1 would be ok, to get the right weapon in case you need sth specific, but after every act it would provide you with a constant flow of high ilvl items, which are the most valueable goods along with gems in that tourney.
Great minds think alike:) I'm planning on open re-entry this time.

As far as the gambling goes, it's one rare, each act, first one you get and that's it. So, it might help you, it might not. Chances are you'll get the base item, even if you're in NM or Hell. So, it's not a huge addition, just a bit of a lessening of the difficulty, as right you are, it is a tough one:)

The AS 27 mule on rule will help too. Getting rid of that luck factor will be big, IMHO. Those that did not get 27 would sure be at a disadvantage in damage, life, resists, etc.

Moonie
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Moonie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Totally agreeing on the AS 27 btw, but still I dont think the gambling part is ok, as there is basicly nothing you need money for, gambling costs should never be a matter anyways, so you will always end up getting a rare from the desired type of item, the ilvl will be high, way higher than the actual drops you d be gathering and with baseupping and rerolling, you can get almost any stuff you want.

But that just my view of things, on the other hand it would of course raise the survivability overall, due better equipment, though I dont think anyone will make it through hell.
ohai

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I wasn't around for the first rares tournament. Forgive my newbish question.. but is this another melee tourney?
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Moonie
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Moonie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Not really, you pick out of the whole spectrum, but somehow melees may be more useful, considering getting a lot of skill + with only rares is kinda hard, compared to getting a decent weapon.

Still, even if its about Melees, its no farm fest and the resitricted ruleset makes it a constant fight for surviving.
ohai

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Alright. Considering for the fact that I'm all melee'd out from the Immortals' tourney, but I would still give this one a go.

Moonie
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Moonie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Not saying melees are the way to go,but most players were some kind of melees after all, last time, though Dapaba showed us Summoner Necs also work, by ending on rank2.
ohai

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:01 pm

I know that, I was saying that in the tournament I might not go melee in the first few tries.

Moonie
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Moonie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Just want to make sure you play the tourney, even though most people will play melee, what you had enough of it seems. :)
ohai

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am

Just wanted to pass on some info.....I've been eager to do the Rares Only Tourney, but I'll be traveling for Easter, then moving, so I'll be busy as all get out, and possibly even without internet at times. So, it would make a lot sense to hold off a bit. Probably start in early May.

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Billybgame" wrote:Just wanted to pass on some info.....I've been eager to do the Rares Only Tourney, but I'll be traveling for Easter, then moving, so I'll be busy as all get out, and possibly even without internet at times. So, it would make a lot sense to hold off a bit. Probably start in early May.
That's when I was thinking you might want to start and is the main reason why I'm closing other events soon. Believe me, Billy, it's only going to help participation.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Moonie
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Moonie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm

I also expect you to play it till the bitter end this time Metro :D
ohai

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Moonie" wrote:I also expect you to play it till the bitter end this time Metro :D
Lol. I will. ;)

Billy, if you want I can start writing the rule set and making sure to incorporate everyone's contributions/suggestions.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Cheveyo
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Cheveyo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 am

Had a concept for a tournament myself, based on item color.

No, not rarity. The color of the item itself.

In addition to being able to use all mundane ("white") items, you may use all items that match your chosen color whether Magic, Rare, Unique, Set, or Gemword. If you choose Black for your Barbarian, you may dualwield unique Short Swords as soon as you find them.

Certain runewords would also be allowed based on either the color of the base item (Your color is White? Runeword that Robe!) or the color implied by the runeword (cLoD Leaf qualifies for Green).

The exact rules will need to be worked out by someone more familiar with tournaments and ES, but there's the idea.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:36 am

Cheveyo" wrote:Had a concept for a tournament myself, based on item color.

No, not rarity. The color of the item itself.

In addition to being able to use all mundane ("white") items, you may use all items that match your chosen color whether Magic, Rare, Unique, Set, or Gemword. If you choose Black for your Barbarian, you may dualwield unique Short Swords as soon as you find them.

Certain runewords would also be allowed based on either the color of the base item (Your color is White? Runeword that Robe!) or the color implied by the runeword (cLoD Leaf qualifies for Green).

The exact rules will need to be worked out by someone more familiar with tournaments and ES, but there's the idea.
Wouldn't everyone "choose" to their benefit? Green, for example, would seem to be the best color. Any set item allowed for you, then, among other things.

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 am

No, Billy. He stated color does not mean rarity — i.e. magic, rare, set, or unique item description color. He means how the item appears to look on your character.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Cheveyo
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Cheveyo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:16 am

Thank you, Metro.

Take Arcanna's set, for example. That qualifies for blue, as that's what color the items are. Though it's a set, it does not qualify for a green character.

Return to “Eastern Sun”