few questions

Information and updates for all other projects by Black Omen Productions (besides Shadow Empires): Namely Codename: MetalStorm, Anti-Balance, Ultimate Fixer and all versions of XyRAX

Moderators: Nefarius, Joel, Doombreed-x, Vendanna

Exact420

few questions

Post by Exact420 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:51 pm

I have a few questions that I was wondering were do able so here I go

-When making a character you can't have any numbers or symbols in your name, would you be able to make this possible?

-Will you have your own cinematic throughout the gameplay in your mod?
I know the answer is probably no but it would be sick if you did.

-will their be new command sounds?
during gameplay you hit 0-7 to get your character to say a command.

-Do you yet have a guesstimate on the release date?
Autumn, winter, 1 year, 2, 3?

Thank you.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: few questions

Post by Necrolis » Fri May 15, 2009 3:42 pm

[quote=Exact420";p="416339"]-When making a character you can't have any numbers or symbols in your name, would you be able to make this possible?
[/quote]what is the point of this? we aren't on bnet, so it ain't gonna change much at all(except in tcp when everyone laughs at you cause your char is called "OMGHAX 1337 PWNJ00")
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Exact420

Post by Exact420 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:59 pm

sorry that you don't like my questions, but I was asking Nef, not you since it is his mod and all.

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 pm

my two cents here:

Nec is right, no numbers in names... but I would like to extend it to more chars ( iirc? 15 -> 18 ), or allow two - / _ symbols (Shoop_da_WHOOP named singer barb ;) )

and about the numbers, I would like to see the ability control some aspect by them, not just dummy messages that no one was using (maybe merc control for attack, retreat, hide, wait ..)
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Exact420

Post by Exact420 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:26 pm

[quote=mirecek";p="416403"]
and about the numbers, I would like to see the ability control some aspect by them, not just dummy messages that no one was using (maybe merc control for attack, retreat, hide, wait ..)[/quote]

That would be an awesome idea.

Exact420

Post by Exact420 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 pm

[quote=mirecek";p="416403"]
and about the numbers, I would like to see the ability control some aspect by them, not just dummy messages that no one was using (maybe merc control for attack, retreat, hide, wait ..)[/quote]

That would be an awesome idea.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat May 16, 2009 2:41 am

-When making a character you can't have any numbers or symbols in your name, would you be able to make this possible?
You can already have any type of character including numbers and symbols and even color codes in your name if you manually edit the d2s in vanilla. There is only a problem joining MP games because of some hash algorithm that creates a checksum from the name IIRC, it should be easy to remove this (at least adding spaces should be possible...) because this annoys me as well.
-Will you have your own cinematic throughout the gameplay in your mod?
We do intend to have some custom narrative via "cinematics" but we aren't yet sure how exactly we will do this, it probably will look along the lines of the stuff seen in some of the early IE games which is mostly a clever usage of images and speech. Probably something we will tack together in a compositing app. But I can't say any details about this because now is not the time for this :P that will be in the distant future.
-will their be new command sounds?
Bring me the original D2 voice actors ;) if we add new ones there we need to redo the entire speech for all the classes so it fits together.
-Do you yet have a guesstimate on the release date?
As mentioned times before, it's done when it's done, it's simple is not possible to give estimates on a project this size.
Nec is right, no numbers in names... but I would like to extend it to more chars ( iirc? 15 -> 18 ), or allow two - / _ symbols (Shoop_da_WHOOP named singer barb icon_wink.gif )
While I probably can expand it, the way the game currently stores the name is very limited and would require alot of time to expand, since there are many places with static arrays of 16 chars ( 16 because the 0 terminator also has to fit in the array ). Which includes packets, some often used structs such as hClient and hRoster and others, this is simply too much work for such a small change. At least until much later when more of the code around hClient is rewritten.
and about the numbers, I would like to see the ability control some aspect by them, not just dummy messages that no one was using (maybe merc control for attack, retreat, hide, wait ..)
This is the general plan of how you issue commands to pets (I think we mentioned this some time ago).
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Exact420

Post by Exact420 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:24 pm

awesome and thank you for the reply.

Return to “Mods by Nefarius”