Cube won't transmute

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

orion

Cube won't transmute

Post by orion » Fri May 31, 2002 11:57 pm

I have a weird problem with the Horadric cube - it won't transmute. I'm using v3.01 of this mod and I know I'm using the right cube recipes, when I click on the transmute button nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jun 01, 2002 1:04 am

Do you see nothing happening at all, or does it consume the rune and yield an unchanged item? If the second, there are limits that properties can reach on an item, such as +511% to damage, +63 minimum damage and +11 light radius. Any additional cubing eats the rune but doesn't change the property. That is a peculiarity of Blizzard code, not this mod.

If you see nothing at all happening, and your runes don't disappear, try downloading another copy of the mod. So far, the only bugs I have seen are that certain crafted runes don't work and the game crashes each time I try.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

ellemennopea
Paladin

Post by ellemennopea » Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:29 am

Gems don't transmute. I don't know why they don't... I just figured that they are not supposed to.
Fine? Not if fine in mind was what fine was when in kind you ask of mine.

Carbon Rod
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by Carbon Rod » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:21 am

i noticed the same thing, i tried 1-6 gems in the cub and nada. so is the only way to get better to find or use shrine?
or is there a specific recipe involving runes that lets you alter the rune?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:15 pm

Sir_General threw out almost all of the original recipes. Only the quest recipes were retained. But since gems and Blizzard runes play no significant role in the mod (no runewords, for example), being able to cube them is unimportant.

For closure, I had recommended that Blizzard items could be used somehow, but Sir_General never completed anything further before he left.

So this mod will remain rather static until mid-August at the earliest.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”