How do I add multiple skills to starting gear?

We will open up modding section ones the remaster of original Diablo 2 game is released. Until then we open up a section to discuss the upcoming title.
thereaverofdarkness

How do I add multiple skills to starting gear?

Post by thereaverofdarkness » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:09 pm

I want to diversity the class starting gear sets. For sorceress, I want to give that short staff +1 to charged bolt and +1 to ice bolt, in addition to the +1 to fire bolt that it already has. Then I want to give her an eagle orb which has +1 to warmth. I can give the characters the base items just fine, but I don't know how to add more than just one skill to one item.

While I'm at it, is there a way to change starting mana other than by changing starting energy? I see they all have a life bonus but no mana bonus.

Vortaka

Re: How do I add multiple skills to starting gear?

Post by Vortaka » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:27 am

Hi! First, I do not have the resurrected version so take this as a "it should work"...
The "best" way to do what you want (with a little item adding) would be give special "items" to your character on creation (charstats) and to create 3 new cube recipes (cubemain) (for staff & orb + special item)

- In charstats, add on a free item slot "box" (that's the cube). I always start with it, I find this very very useful!
- Add 3 special items (itemXcount 3) to charstats (item1 to item10 is given on character creation). like 3 "ear" (player kill trophy). (also add "orb" if sorcerer doesn't start with it)
- Create 3 new recipes in cubemain (with numinuputs at 2 since they all have 2 inputs: the weapon and the ear)
Recipe1: input short staff (code: sst), ear / output: useitem, mod#: att-skill, mod#param (38 for charged bolt, 39 for ice bolt), mod#min&mod1max at 1
Recipe2: input eagle orb (code: orb), ear / output: useitem, mod1: att-skill, mod1param (37 for warmth), mod1min&max at 1 too...

Hope this helps!

Vortaka

P.S. I am sorry, I do not know if it's possible to add skills in "charstats" (I do not think so cause the columns are missing... And who doesn't like the cube?!

thereaverofdarkness

Post by thereaverofdarkness » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:44 am

Interesting workaround, but new characters don't even have a horadric cube to start with. I also thought of making unique items, but I don't think I'd be able to avoid them having gold text. I was hoping for an easy direct solution.

edit: I realized I could make new items with automods! But I am encountering two new problems in doing this:
1.) the item graphics only show up in legacy mode
2.) the automods do not apply to the item when it spawns on a new character

Vortaka

Post by Vortaka » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:00 pm

thereaverofdarkness wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:44 am
Interesting workaround, but new characters don't even have a horadric cube to start with. I also thought of making unique items, but I don't think I'd be able to avoid them having gold text. I was hoping for an easy direct solution.
For the horadric cube, as stated in my previous post, you'll need to add it (code: "box") in a slot (itemX) in "charstats"...
So, the workaround is adding the cube and the items (orb/2 ear) to "charstats", the 2 recipes to "cubemain" and to merge them when in game as a new character...

Note: There may be a way to add them in "weapons" or even "automods" as you pointed, but I do not know...

Vortaka

thereaverofdarkness

Post by thereaverofdarkness » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:25 pm

Vortaka wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:00 pm
For the horadric cube, as stated in my previous post, you'll need to add it (code: "box") in a slot (itemX) in "charstats"...
I also don't want to give horadric cubes to fresh characters, nor do I want the player to need to know a recipe in order to access their starting equipment. Thanks, though.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:39 pm

Well, one thing to consider is that players with a cube... aren't necessarily going to have reagents to USE it :p so it's not like it makes you OP.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

thereaverofdarkness

Post by thereaverofdarkness » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:58 am

marhawkman wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:39 pm
Well, one thing to consider is that players with a cube... aren't necessarily going to have reagents to USE it :p so it's not like it makes you OP.
Even if they did have the reagents to use it, it still wouldn't be OP. I like the story progression of finding it.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:20 pm

well, yeah, I guess... that works on Normal anyways... :P
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

Return to “Diablo II Resurrected Discussion”