Mercenary Exp?

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

Disruptive Idiot

Mercenary Exp?

Post by Disruptive Idiot » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:11 pm

I've been playing alpha 2 for a day now, man... good to see TFW again =) Thanks Myhrginoc!

The exp has been scaled down for the player I see, but mercenaries don't seem to have the same scaling! My mercenary at level 6 needs four times more exp than me to level up, and I'm level 7! Is this an oversight or intended? I dislike rehiring a mercenary just to boost it's level.

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Mercenary Exp?

Post by JrEye » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:04 pm

I think merc still have max 99 level unless im mistaken. its probly why xp isnt different. Not sure how their exp gains are so I wouldnt know for sure if it will take them alot longer to level at the rate you do.
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Disruptive Idiot

Post by Disruptive Idiot » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:51 pm

Well, I've played for an hour and a half now, and the results are that I have leveled up 8 times and my merc hasn't leveled up at all. She has gained as much exp as me, but since her exp requirements are so high she'll be level 7 when I'm level 20ish.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:16 am

I believe Mercs have not undergone any serious changes. So their exp gain is akin to that of vanilla 1.10. However, the max level for mercenaries will probably be 99 so he should be around half your level.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:30 am

I haven't gotten to converting hirelings yet, so they are pure vanilla D2.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Disruptive Idiot

Post by Disruptive Idiot » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:11 pm

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

I've finished act 1 today and here are some of my observations:

No items have inherent +skills bonuses, I take it you're not going to put those in until you finish converting all the skills? Consequently, class-only jewelry and such isn't much right now. You probably know this already.

The items that have "Of... x spell" suffixes have incorrect names, the name of the spell in the list of modifiers is the new version and the suffix is the old version. I'm sure you're already aware of this though.

Sniping elves and their ilk are pretty overpowered for the level when they appear. I got one off of blood raven and my mercenary kicks loads of ass with it (it was a good rare, but still). I bet you already know this too, it was the same in 1.09 TFW.

Jewels have dropped for me an inordinate amount, I have far more jewels than anything else and they're pretty useful. Was this intentional?

Gold is incredibly difficult to find early on, but now I've been able to mass a small fortune (35k) and frequently net more than 5k on runs. I take it this won't mean much because Act II will have far more expensive stuff?

Thank you again for your work Myhrginoc!

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:27 am

Disruptive Idiot read this...

viewtopic.php?t=34030

then this...

viewtopic.php?t=36959&highlight=d2+v+11b
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:23 am

Actually I don't mind these comments at all, this is an alpha and there are bound to be stupid little inconsistencies which need removing. The only thing that doesn't help are the "You probably know this already." comments...at this stage of development I might not know. But keep an eye on other recent posts in the forum, and you won't repeat something at least.
No items have inherent +skills bonuses, I take it you're not going to put those in until you finish converting all the skills? Consequently, class-only jewelry and such isn't much right now.
Staffmods is broken, you get too many +3 to medium skills in Normal Act 1. I have looked at that code (even wrote a plugin but it doesn't work consistently yet) and intend on making it so a level 5 character won't see anything but +1 to tier-1 skills. But without staffmods, many class-specific items are indeed ineffective. I took them out, I'll put them back when they are fixed.
Jewels have dropped for me an inordinate amount, I have far more jewels than anything else and they're pretty useful. Was this intentional?
Gold is incredibly difficult to find early on, but now I've been able to mass a small fortune (35k) and frequently net more than 5k on runs. I take it this won't mean much because Act II will have far more expensive stuff?
I have taken several stabs at treasureclassex.txt and am still tinkering with drop qualities on misc items.
Sniping elves and their ilk are pretty overpowered for the level when they appear.
Another future tinker. Most of the TFW weapons and armor were overpowered in v1.09, and need some sort of increased requirements or nerfing. Or, if they remain powerful they need to be much more scarce.
The items that have "Of... x spell" suffixes have incorrect names, the name of the spell in the list of modifiers is the new version and the suffix is the old version.
There is always something, isn't there? 8-O :roll: :oops: I think converting somebody else's work can be harder in many ways that starting from scratch with your own idea. Feel free to post specifics although in this case I get the general idea.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”