help plz

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue May 16, 2006 12:38 am

TheFallenAngel";p="271069" wrote:i have 3 hd's in my pc with more then a half terabyte space^^
so i have a clean d2 1.09b, a clean d2 1.10 and a clean d2 1.11 installation copied, all with full and complete files^^

and if i play a mod i copy the needed clean install in a new folder and then i add the mod files
so it can not happen that anything gets corrupted, is wrong or sumtin

and i tried awakening with the 1.10 version and with the 1.11 version, both in different folders and both with a new and clean awakening unzip ---> same d2win error

and i'm sure i copied always the right version to my copy-folder back in the days as i installed a clean d2

has to be sumtin else ...
Can you post your error log please? It should be a text file in your TFW folder if using a2p6 or above and in your main D2 folder if using lower versions. It will be called "D2yymmdd".txt where yy is the year, mm is the month and dd is the day e.g today (16 May 2006) would be D2060516.txt
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue May 16, 2006 12:54 am

i know what and where the error log is^^

but i'm not sure about posting it here because of the included perhaps security relevant information about my system

if its enough if i post sum parts of it? if it is - tell me pls what parts are most important

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: help plz

Post by Al-T » Tue May 16, 2006 1:01 am

but i'm not sure about posting it here because of the included perhaps security relevant information about my system
The information in this file should only relate to the game/mod and plugins and should not compromise your security, however, since you are worried...the first 30 lines of error code should be enough. If it shows anything to compromise your security then your security needs upgraded.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue May 16, 2006 1:28 am

edit: content deleted - for security reasons 8-O
Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Tue May 16, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue May 16, 2006 1:32 am

Unfortunately not a single line of error code...oh well good luck.

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue May 16, 2006 1:38 am

edit: content also deleted - again for security reasons 8-O
Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Tue May 16, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue May 16, 2006 2:54 am

You have three separate full installs, but the Windows Registry keys point to only one of them. The launching script uses the Registry to locate the game directory, so all the Blizzard dlls get properly masked. That is the way the standard Windows search order is tricked, otherwise Windows will search for dlls in the application (game) directory before it looks in the current (mod) directory.

I bet your Registry points to the v1.11 version but you installed the mod under your v1.10 version. If that is the case, move the whole mod folder to your v1.11 game directory. Make a copy of your v1.10 game.exe and rename the copy game110.exe, then move the renamed copy to your v1.11 game directory. Then use the 111-LaunchTFW.vbs script to start the mod. The mod comes with a full set of v1.10 dlls, so the copied game.exe is the only additional file you should need. The extra v1.10 files will add about 7MB to your disk consumption, but at half a terabyte (!!!) this is obviously not a concern.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Tue May 16, 2006 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue May 16, 2006 5:16 am

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="271089"]... move the whole mod folder to your v1.11 game directory. Make a copy of your v1.10 game.exe and rename the copy game110.exe, then move the renamed copy to your v1.11 game directory. Then use the 111-LaunchTFW.vbs script to start the mod.[/quote]

done exactly and - surprise surprise - it works!

thx a lot, Myhrginoc!

new question: Myhrginoc = god? ;)

intium

Post by intium » Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm

here's a question that moist likely was posted before, but i couldn't find the answer. will there be multyplayer on tfw??

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun May 21, 2006 11:02 pm

Multiplayer TCP/IP should work, except for plugY. I cannot fix that, Yohann is the one who needs to solve the shared-stash multiplayer problem. And there is no knowing when that would happen.

You can play the mod without the stash active. Go into plugY and add the line below under the [STASH] header. I will include this line in PlugY.ini with the next patch.

ActiveMultiPageStash=1

Set this line to 0, and set ActiveSharedStash=0, for characters you want to use in TCP/IP games. I believe that is sufficient to remove the bone of contention between plugY and multiplayer. (I do not recommend removing plugY.dll from the mod---you can do that but you won't like the results.) You can try playing multiplayer with the extended stash off, and starting anew in single player with extended stash on in order to mule items. But be careful not to have any items on personal pages except for the visible stash when you go back to multiplayer with extended stash off.

I do not know if other plugins or my custom code would run afoul of multiplayer. I haven't written anything here that crosses the client-server boundary (that I know of). If you crash in a multiplayer game, and the extra stashes are disabled, please post a detailed bug report and I will do my best to address the conflict.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun May 21, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Mon May 22, 2006 3:01 pm

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="271803"]Multiplayer TCP/IP should work, except for plugY. I cannot fix that, Yohann is the one who needs to solve the shared-stash multiplayer problem. And there is no knowing when that would happen.

You can play the mod without the stash active. Go into plugY and add the line below under the [STASH] header. I will include this line in PlugY.ini with the next patch.

ActiveMultiPageStash=1

Set this line to 0, and set ActiveSharedStash=0, for characters you want to use in TCP/IP games. I believe that is sufficient to remove the bone of contention between plugY and multiplayer. (I do not recommend removing plugY.dll from the mod---you can do that but you won't like the results.) You can try playing multiplayer with the extended stash off, and starting anew in single player with extended stash on in order to mule items. But be careful not to have any items on personal pages except for the visible stash when you go back to multiplayer with extended stash off.

I do not know if other plugins or my custom code would run afoul of multiplayer. I haven't written anything here that crosses the client-server boundary (that I know of). If you crash in a multiplayer game, and the extra stashes are disabled, please post a detailed bug report and I will do my best to address the conflict.[/quote]

intium: You can use PlugY if you are very careful with how you use it in TCP/IP play. The host generally has no problems, it is the people who join that have to be careful. Take a look at my posts in this topic....

viewtopic.php?t=37744&highlight=plugy

It is valid for all versions of PlugY from 5.06 upwards. I use PlugY 5.06 with TFW and Zy-El4.2B and version 7.01 for the other mods I play (Median2006, Requiem of Sorrow) and occasionally "vanilla" 8-O .

EDIT: People joining a game can safely save items in their inventory and Page 1 ONLY of their Personal stash. This is because the items here are saved with your default .d2s file. Anything in personal pages beyond page 1 is part of PlugY and is saved in the .d2x file. Anything in the shared stash pages are also part of PlugY and are saved in LOD_SharedStashSave.sss. As long as you only keep items in the inventory and page 1 of the personal stash they should be saved correctly.
Last edited by Al-T on Sat May 27, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”