trading market

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

oldboy
Paladin

trading market

Post by oldboy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:07 pm

the homo sapiens is so succefully because of his trading skill.
so lets trade....

i could use some of these:

scrolls of conviction
charms with +1 lightning spells (w l or m)
flasked oil

i offer "this and that", just ask what you need/wanna have.

Abcd123
Paladin

Re: trading market

Post by Abcd123 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:30 am

I can get you pretty much w/e u need. Lemme know

I need lots of dmg adding fury gems. Elemental, physical, etc

mandura_oo8

Post by mandura_oo8 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:25 am

This may be a dumb question but how can you trade a person other then in a lan game with them, wouldnt that be counted as hacking?

Abcd123
Paladin

Post by Abcd123 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:31 am

[quote=mandura_oo8";p="275407"]This may be a dumb question but how can you trade a person other then in a lan game with them, wouldnt that be counted as hacking?[/quote]

WTF are you talking about?

To trade you make a tcp/ip game... just backup your _lod-tfw-shared.sss and then delete the one in ur save folder, then u can trade without plugy interfearing.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:13 am

Actually you can trade in a number of ways in addition to making TCP/IP games, such as exchanging character files or using a character editor to extract and insert items (if you find one that works with TFW, of course). The character files are not part of the mod release, they can't be played in Battle.net, and there is no real market for TFW goodies. The Keep is not an exchange, so don't expect us to host any of these files, but what you do in your own space is your own business as far as character files go.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Abcd123
Paladin

Post by Abcd123 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:51 pm

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="275440"]Actually you can trade in a number of ways in addition to making TCP/IP games, such as exchanging character files or using a character editor to extract and insert items (if you find one that works with TFW, of course). The character files are not part of the mod release, they can't be played in Battle.net, and there is no real market for TFW goodies. The Keep is not an exchange, so don't expect us to host any of these files, but what you do in your own space is your own business as far as character files go.[/quote]

Keep doesnt ever need to host anything besides programs regarding mods and actual mods...

www.uploading.com
www.megaupload.com
www.rapidshare.com

all can do free file uploads

Right now i need like 6 blacksmith hammers

FT:
20 leader hearts
20 champion hearts
shako
maras
shaft stop
16 merc pots
12 ceramic pots
ber,jah,vex,zod,cham runes
stormshield
WARDEN SHIELD OF DEFLECTION

I think Myr should change the name to "Trading Post" and sticky it ^_^

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:47 pm

I doubt if many people here would use those links, however, maybe a forum sticky for "Multiplayer TCP/IP" games would be in order like other mod forums have? Then if someone wants to trade, they post an invitation to join their "Trading Game" on IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at GMT +/- <time>?
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Abcd123
Paladin

Post by Abcd123 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:22 pm

[quote=Al-T";p="275527"]I doubt if many people here would use those links, however, maybe a forum sticky for "Multiplayer TCP/IP" games would be in order like other mod forums have? Then if someone wants to trade, they post an invitation to join their "Trading Game" on IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at GMT +/- <time>?[/quote]

why wouldnt they use massivly known FREE upload sites? makes no sense to me.

oldboy
Paladin

Post by oldboy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:28 pm

what about hamachi?

i haven´t tried it yet but it seams to be usefull for playing over ip and for trading.

viewtopic.php?t=38157&highlight=hamachi

viewtopic.php?t=38495&highlight=hamachi

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:42 pm

[quote=Abcd123";p="275540"][quote=Al-T";p="275527"]I doubt if many people here would use those links, however, maybe a forum sticky for "Multiplayer TCP/IP" games would be in order like other mod forums have? Then if someone wants to trade, they post an invitation to join their "Trading Game" on IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at GMT +/- <time>?[/quote]

why wouldnt they use massivly known FREE upload sites? makes no sense to me.[/quote]

Mainly because most people here play mods in single-player spending many hours collecting their items and aren't interested in providing an easy way for lazy gits to cheat. It is one thing playing TCP/IP and transferring to a single person (I would only do this with people I know and trust however) but another thing entirely making the same items publicly available for all and sundry to use.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:51 pm

[quote=Al-T";p="275544"]... most people here play mods in single-player spending many hours collecting their items and aren't interested in providing an easy way for lazy gits to cheat. It is one thing playing TCP/IP and transferring to a single person (I would only do this with people I know and trust however) but another thing entirely making the same items publicly available for all and sundry to use.[/quote]

i totally agree!

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Abcd123
Paladin

Post by Abcd123 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:13 pm

i ment for a trade.. and they would PM you the link, not post it publically...

and fallen, i'd appreciate the hammers very much. Please use one of those links to upload a character with just the hammers in their inventory and PM the link to me. TYVM i appreciate it. Gona make my GOD bow 6 socketed...

We really should have a "Show off your items" thread lol

On the regards of cheating... i know you didn't accuse me of doing so, but i havnt cheated on this mod, it really does take the fun out of it. Because this mod isnt PVP able like.. at all.
Last edited by Abcd123 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:44 pm

[quote=Abcd123";p="275552"]i ment for a trade.. and they would PM you the link, not post it publically...

and fallen, i'd appreciate the hammers very much. Please use one of those links to upload a character with just the hammers in their inventory and PM the link to me. TYVM i appreciate it. Gona make my GOD bow 6 socketed...

On the regards of cheating... i know you didn't accuse me of doing so, but i havnt cheated on this mod, it really does take the fun out of it. Because this mod isnt PVP able like.. at all.[/quote]

There is no such thing as a private link on those free servers. So your PM for link theory doesn't work. They are "Public Free Servers" and all files are available to anyone who creates an account with them.

If you want to show off your items use the Photo Albums that are provided at the Keep. There is no need to make a separate thread.

If you haven't cheated then why are you asking other people to give you items you could get yourself?

intium

Post by intium » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:47 am

so let me get this straight. u guys aks someone to give u an item, right? then if they have it, they make a new caracter, and they put the requested item in their stash. then , he sends the saved game with the requested item to the requester via a file hosting site! and then every1 is happy! :D (hopefully).
is this what u guys had in mind? coz i might need 1 item rly rly bad, i want the gypsus fury gem, and if u want to trade, tell me so i'll see if i have what u need.

Abcd123
Paladin

Post by Abcd123 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:12 am

[quote=Al-T";p="275559"][quote=Abcd123";p="275552"]i ment for a trade.. and they would PM you the link, not post it publically...

On the regards of cheating... i know you didn't accuse me of doing so, but i havnt cheated on this mod, it really does take the fun out of it. Because this mod isnt PVP able like.. at all.[/quote]

There is no such thing as a private link on those free servers. So your PM for link theory doesn't work. They are "Public Free Servers" and all files are available to anyone who creates an account with them.

If you want to show off your items use the Photo Albums that are provided at the Keep. There is no need to make a separate thread.

If you haven't cheated then why are you asking other people to give you items you could get yourself?[/quote]

i looked for hours today to not find an easy to find item... i found everything else.

And explain to me how i can cheat on this mod?

Regarding your idea on the items still being public, that is not true in the least. You cannot search the databases of those sites for specific things. So the theory still works, and you can disable your link as well on all of the above sites, so if you want the person to have a say 3 hour time period to get it just take the link down 3 hours later. Yes it's a bit of trouble, but it prevents plugy problems.
Last edited by Abcd123 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:32 am

hamachi sounds great....

actually, i've setup a "TFW_Fans" network over it. (pass: TFW)

for more info, please visit hamachi.cc
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 am

And explain to me how i can cheat on this mod?
No.
Regarding your idea on the items still being public, that is not true in the least. You cannot search the databases of those sites for specific things. So the theory still works, and you can disable your link as well on all of the above sites, so if you want the person to have a say 3 hour time period to get it just take the link down 3 hours later. Yes it's a bit of trouble, but it prevents plugy problems.
I posted about PlugY synchronisation problems in another forum and as long as you are careful how you use it, you can use it to trade in Multiplayer TCP/IP games. viewtopic.php?t=37744

There still remains the problem of people posting items on public servers. In another mod I play, some time back, someone who had completed the mod and had a load of godly items and characters used public servers in a way they should not have which resulted in spoiling the mod for most people and in particular new players. I am not going to give details of what they did as that would just provide someone else the information they need to do the same thing. This is why I am in the main against using public servers. If you want to go down this route then it is up to you. I would advise against it as it is open to abuse but it is your choice.

Abcd123
Paladin

Post by Abcd123 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:06 pm

The only cheating i have come across is plugy duping. But i wont get into how to do it here. But i still dont understand how a public server ruined a mod. It's the user's choice to download them and not play through them self. Sure mod makers might not want that, but some people are just f'n lazy.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:26 am

If I were opposed to twinking, I could easily make item identifiers that only allow the originating player to equip. But I am not. And if somebody wants to twink off of somebody else, I figure that is their loss. Get too godly a battle kit up front, and the mod will be boring, so then the player says to me "this modz 2 #*&($^$% easy!!" and I say "that's your own fault." To each his own. I can't stop people from cheating, but I certainly don't support it either.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”