do not hide for 1.14?

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

Lextasy

do not hide for 1.14?

Post by Lextasy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:07 am

Hey there. Not sure which section to post this in so sorry if I'm not in the right place. I'm looking for someone who could perhaps provide some guidance in d2window features.

I'm working on a 1.14 mod that expands upon mock dueling. I have everything working text wise but I can't seem to test builds out by dueling myself like you would be able to on vanilla 1.14.
When joining with D2 window I instantly crash, I'd imagine because I can't use direct txt with it causing a conflict. I can join with a second hyper multi window but of course soon as i click into the second window I stop attacking on the first. I've also attempted use of sandboxie but it too seems to crash.

I remember older versions of d2loader for 1.10-1.13 had a -nohide feature but this doesn't seem to be the case with hypermulti and I personally know very little about editing outside the realm of txt files, if anyone could help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Whaag
Germany

Re: do not hide for 1.14?

Post by Whaag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Greetings,

didnt know that mock duels are still a thing. Nice to hear that :D

text based mods are downward compatible. So in that case 1.10 - 1.14 are basicly the same.

Did you try using older d2 versions to test your builds with yourself? Back in the days i had two d2 installations. One 1.11b to test out my builds an then the new ones for realm duels.

Lextasy

Re: do not hide for 1.14?

Post by Lextasy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Hey Whaag good to see you! Yeah mocks are still around, 'hacking' in general is but the community isn't huge at this time. I've been gathering up old guides, tools, and whatnot that have been lost to time and I'll be rehosting my old hero editor help files shortly 09-present ofc. Hopefully we can get a number of people interested.

Anyways I did consider this option but I'm hoping to come up with a different solution down the line because I honestly have 5 directories already and I'm beginning to confuse myself as to what is :lol:

EDIT: After searching my computer it seems I might not have any old versions of D2loader that work. :(

EDIT2: Okay the next day I finally realized the obvious answer and I compiled a new patch file with my texts to allow D2window to cooperate with the changes made to cvsbits / animdata. Problem solved :lol:

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”