Alert Virus in my recent downloaded file here

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
dreadknoughtx4

Alert Virus in my recent downloaded file here

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 am

I didnt know where to post this but I recently installed the D2SE download manager, which is great bty, but one of the 7 zip files contained a nasty virus (the 2011 internet security one) it happened the second I downloaded the blackened_beta 3.5 file tp put in the manager. Im now scared to try the others though the first 3 I downloaded were fine. Can those 7 zip files be tested/looked at and cleaned up. Thx love the site and Im sure members dont want virus infected files, thx, Vince.

dreadknoughtx4

Re: Alert Virus in my recent downloaded file here

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

dreadknoughtx4" wrote:I didnt know where to post this but I recently installed the D2SE download manager, which is great bty, but one of the 7 zip files contained a nasty virus (the 2011 internet security one) it happened the second I downloaded the blackened_beta 3.5 file tp put in the manager. Im now scared to try the others though the first 3 I downloaded were fine. Can those 7 zip files be tested/looked at and cleaned up. Thx love the site and Im sure members dont want virus infected files, thx, Vince.
Added info, Another member has been ok dowloading the file in question however, I want to add this info.

Ok, I appreciate yoir replies and loyalty to this site, and Im sure this is a terrific site. However, and I should have remembered this before. In the course of trying to remove the virus I went into norton360 and had to find the process that was running it and shut it down. Then at that point I was able to find the infected file through nortons. Nortons showed that the process that was running the virus started exactly at the time I downloaded that 7 ZIP file, exact same time. I had no other windows open, was connected to no other site, no other program running, no other new process was recorded by Nortons360 as being new except 1 process that began at the same time I downloaded that file. Thats how I knew. To me that is proof beyond a doubt and I think the files need to be checked.

Im not blaming anyone, certainly not this site, it happens, but the info needs to be shared.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:42 pm

I know the base files have no viruses, so if there are any, its from whoever packed the D2SE archive one, but IMO its just a false positive, blackened 3.5 had no exe's or dlls or any for of file that could contain malicious content
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 pm

After 30 minutes of searching our download db i confirmed D2SE_Blackened_Beta3.5fix_sfx.exe is not in our filecenter, its on d2se.org. However i downloaded and scanned it and found no viruses.

Most of the d2se plugins hosted here on hugelaser have been checked recently and have not been changed since, confirmed by date/time.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm

This doesn't concern our site, so I'm locking the thread down. You could contact the d2se.org admin, although the file you're referring to came out clean and I'm certain it was a false positive on your end.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”