New Mac User with D2 LOD — How to Mod?

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

mjs1

New Mac User with D2 LOD — How to Mod?

Post by mjs1 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Hey all!

I used to play Diablo 2 online as a kid when it first came out. It's been a decade or more since I last played it, I think, and I would like to just play single player now, but still have fun (i.e., take advantage of new mods allowing one to find great unique/rare items and runes, carry more stuff, be able to defeat monsters in Hell difficulty more easily, etc.). I noticed online that there are numerous mods for PC users (e.g., perfect drop mod). However, in the intervening years I've switched from PC to mac. I currently use a MacBook (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6). I downloaded the game from Blizzard online a couple weeks ago and it automatically patched to version 1.14b. I have absolutely no idea how to modify the game for a mac. Can anyone help me out? What kinds of mods are out there for mac? Do they work with version 1.14b? I would really appreciate any help. I’ve been feeling nostalgic. Thanks!

~mjs1

Jeewdew
Paladin

Re: New Mac User with D2 LOD — How to Mod?

Post by Jeewdew » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:18 pm

I guess you can downgrade with the files avalible online, and then use all the normal mods?
Or maybe I'm wrong, I think I did a few years back?

Return to “Mac Modding”