ANIMATION-MONSTERS ETC.

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

Brick123

ANIMATION-MONSTERS ETC.

Post by Brick123 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi everyone, newbie here! i was wondering if there is any global mod editor to simplify the overall modding process. I tought I had read something like that on this site but I can't remember, does anyone have any suggestion?

Also, I would really appreciate if somebody could give some hints on how to change characters' and monsters' "skin".

Tnx

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: ANIMATION-MONSTERS ETC.

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:31 pm

You can find different tools for different tasks on this website. I would advice to first start small and go strong from there. Adding new monsters or changing their colors can easily be done, changing the appearance of a character is something else entirely. Download either AFJ Sheet Editor or D2Excel from mod making tools and go through tutorials and fileguides in the knowledgebase.

Cheers
AlpjA

Brick123

Post by Brick123 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks!Is any editor like the one I've described going to be released any time soon?

Brick123

Post by Brick123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 am

HI, so, I'm going through idiot's guide tutorial, but, I got a problem with the MANDAL HEAL drop exercise, since I can make it work in normal mode, but not in nightmare and hell difficulties, which is kinda weird, as I've modded each of them just in the same way! I'll give you a pic so you see what I'm talking about.

ps as you see I placed the very name of the ring rather than "rng", following a modder's friend of mine suggestion. He's working on a 1.10 version while I'm practicing on a 1.13c

Thanks a lot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:54 am

Delete that 1024 from unique and leave it blank, also change 1 to 100 in prob1.

You may force drop uniqe item in 2 ways. Setting unique column to 1024 gives the treasure class 100% chance of dropped items being unique. Thus by force dropping rings only with 100% unique chance, a TC may drop any unique ring which level req is equal to or smaller than a monster's level which is using said TC.
The second way is to force drop an item directly by its name. In that case if you "call for" Manald Health, it will automatically be unique, as you are referring to specific unique item already, which all means you do not have to fill unique column with any value. You just need to fill prob column with a percentage chance to drop (ranges from 1 to 100). I reccomend using 100 if you want to absolutely force drop it.

By the way your question is not code editing related and should be moved to general mod making.

Return to “Code Editing”