The Gauntlet WTF?

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

Aussie

The Gauntlet WTF?

Post by Aussie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:04 am

Been playing this mod for a few days now.
wanted to try out the the gauntlet, got most of the way through it
i think, then i get to this retarted room that i cant move foward in.
Am i missing something? or is this lvl just a stuff up by the mod maker?
Should it really be that hard in normal? if so dont you think its alittle to stupid?
I am only lvl 24 do i need to be higher?

thanks

Rogue

Re: The Gauntlet WTF?

Post by Rogue » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:06 pm

Hmm, you seem to have missed the point, its not called the Gauntlet cause its easy :D

Trying checking the Sticky area above, particularly the topic called "Gauntlet Tips", which will help you out. Basically, yes, you are way too low level to run the Gauntlet yet. You must have enough hit points, speed, resistance, and hit recovery to be able to shrug of hits in the Gauntlet.

Rough rule of thumb is if you can stand still in the Cow level, take a few hits from a Cow, and still be standing, then your probably good to go for the Gauntlet on that difficulty level. Remember, kill power won't help you in there, only health, speed, resistances, and Faster Hit Recovery. Only the final two unique guardians can be killed, every thing else is just a trap.

Good luck !

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: The Gauntlet WTF?

Post by gogodanny » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 am

When I completed the gauntlet the first time it was with an amazone with 95% allresi a sh*tload of fhr, 75% blockchance even more faster-blockrate, lvl 201 and a HUGE lifepool! (cnbf is a MUST!)
Even then it gave me a hard time although i managed to make it without dying once.
The only real challange in the gauntlet are the duriel clones who charge you all the time which can HARDLY be blocked (especially when running)
the tactics was as follows:
summon a valkyrie to lure away the duriels (has to be respanwed a LOT) and use decoy VERY often.
The two bosses at the end of the map can also be a REAL pain in the *ss especially the guy who *SPOILER!!!* summons explosive minions at the rate of 20/second to distract you and blow you at distance!! *END OF SPOILER!*

The invisible wall room just before you come to the prize room also is really hard to do unless you managed to get rid off duriel earlier (mainly because his charge attacks MAY NOT be stopped by those invisible walls!!, just your movement is restricted.

I strongly recomment you use different equipment for the way to the prizeroom than for killing the baddies in the prize room, cuz you need a LOT of damage to bring them down!! :)

cheers

PS: The easiest char to run the gauntlet is barb, because of his skills!! :)
Last edited by gogodanny on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nezeramontias”