Looking for a New inventive build to try

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

StephenIsHot

Looking for a New inventive build to try

Post by StephenIsHot » Fri May 28, 2004 8:21 pm

Well I'm not very good at coming up with new builds on my own, so I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas for a cool build that would have a chance at survival in hell. I'll try pretty much anything as long as I cant tell its gonna be a worthless build. And thanks to anyone who has any suggestions.

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Re: Looking for a New inventive build to try

Post by gandalf{xan} » Fri May 28, 2004 11:55 pm

i was thinking about the witch cold-skill (dont know the name) it looks pretty cool :cool: but i havent found a second spell for this build jet

whta i think would be possible too is a melee-summoner-mage:
enchantment-skill to get dam/AR/def/ias & elementals for blockers

greetings :)
life´s too short. . .

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Sat May 29, 2004 12:00 am

Maybe something like a 'Freezero' ;)
Hero with max Ice Form, max Holy Freeze and max Winter Slash.
I don't remember the synergies but for cold immune you could probably switch over to vengeance

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Sat May 29, 2004 1:33 am

i got an enchantment magi, i beleive enchants bugged.

i got 2 bows, 1 with guided arrow and 1 with multishot.

3- 25k dmg with guided, 1.5 - 15k with multishot and i can barely kill in 2 player hell baal runs.

its a very difficult build to play because of magis very low life but it can work (up to act1 hell though).

the cold skill ur thinking of is plague of bones i beleive, it could be pretty nice although i havnt seen anyone else try yet....infact i might make that my next char :)

another build that could work is a hexstorm witch...basically a hammerdin but with curses and a summon or 2 :P

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Sat May 29, 2004 3:19 am

Ok thanks for the ideas guys, I'm thinking about the cold witch build because I dont really have any good hero items, and I've seen your magi sai (played with you a few times while you were low lvl). I'm just not too sure on the items that would be best for a cold withc =/ So unless anyone else has a good untried build I think I'll go with that.

Angband

Post by Angband » Sat May 29, 2004 5:38 am

If the hydras didn't suck that may be a fun build (on the summoner).

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Sun May 30, 2004 8:30 pm

hydra summoners are very workable even without godly items, except poison hydras (which are entirely useless).

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Mon May 31, 2004 2:16 am

But do they do very good damage? The only thing I dont really like about hydra's is their limited time span, but if the damage is high enough I'm sure I could work around that. Anyone have any idea how much they do?

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Mon May 31, 2004 2:32 pm

cold hydra u can get to around 2-4k dmg fairly easily
fire hydra u can ge to around 3-5k dmg fairly easily
and lightning hydra u can get to around 1-6k dmg easily

when choosing a hydra u gotta think about how they work,

cold obviously chills monsters but each bolt can only hit 1 target.
fire hydra does the highest average listed dmg and has a radious of 1yard per fire ball
and lightning hydra does the same average as cold hydra but uses a lightning bolt attack which passes through every enemy, lightning hydra can do very good dmg if placed well.

all the hydras are very workable in hell as long as u know how to place them (which isnt hard to learn).

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Mon May 31, 2004 7:47 pm

Ok thanks for the tips, but now after all that I just found some pretty good items for a heroine so I just started one today. (only lvl 3 right now because I didn't have any time at all to do anything with it) So I was wondering if theres a cool build to try with a heroine, if not I'll try to figure something out but as I think I said in an earlier post I'm not very good at it.

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:30 pm

theres really only 1 build u can make with a heroine right now which is a werewolf build using fury, battle fury and shockclaws with the synergies.

all the fire skills are rediulously underpowered along with rabies and the other skills such as concentration means u cant use werewolf and without battle orders anymore you'll be lucky to get 1500 life which isnt enough for a melee char in hell.

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:57 am

Ok good point, so maybe that is kind of out of the question until next patch >_< Unless of course I got her up to lvl 91 so she could use a pair of Arthu'rs Myridion Greaves :) I like those boots alot.

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”