sanctuary

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

durruti

sanctuary

Post by durruti » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:24 am

being still busy altering the paladin i had a look at the sanctuary aura and found that its bugged. a short test, a forum search - the last post about this was 2003 - so here i go: the additional damage/ar vs undead don't work simply because they're being defined in aurastats fields - which basically buffs the affected monsters - luckily no char is an undead one... just put the stats in the passivestat fields (like the additional weapon damage for holy fire/freeze/shock) and you're set. will test to find out what item_bypass_undead is good for. (piercing physical resistance/immunity of undead is my guess...)
Last edited by durruti on Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:32 am

ok Captain obvious :

-> we already knwo that item_bypass_undead is made to ignore undead resistances ...

-> you're bug is not one ... the aurastat is applied to the player as the aura function is th eoen that affect players ....
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Also, if the damage vs undead was indeed given to the monsters, one could imagine a necro with Azurewrath, and a thorns merc.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

durruti

Re: sanctuary

Post by durruti » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:49 pm

so, why do you suppose i said i tested this? increase par3/4 as much as you want, you won't ever notice a difference when fighting undead. that said, i got 1-hit-kills after putting the additional damage in passivestat1. and yes, i was exaggerating about buffing your enemies. didn't know the effects of skill_bypass_whatever where common knowledge...

Doombreed-x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: sanctuary

Post by Doombreed-x » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:13 pm

Nobody uses the skill anyway though (I have, and not because I wanted damage, but because it knocks back the undead.) So fixing a bug where a an unused skill didn't work won't lure players to your mod. :P

Return to “General Mod Making”